Surely you’re familiar with my Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies, right?
They’re famous. They’ve been featured in magazines! These cookies are loved by countless friends, family, and readers. It took me almost 1 year to develop the recipe. And make them absolutely perfect. They’re a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and funfetti cake batter.
The best of both worlds!
They’re buttery, soft, chewy, and loaded with goodies: sprinkles, white chocolate, and chocolate chips.
Today I loaded them with something a little different.
Melty vanilla ice cream.
I have a feeling chocolate ice cream would be just as fabulous. Or, if you’re feeling frisky, perhaps some mint chocolate chip ice cream, peanut butter ice cream, or even cake batter ice cream! FYI – Ben & Jerry’s Cake Batter Ice Cream is out of this world! Today, I stuck with vanilla. It’s just what I had in the freezer.
You all know how much I love summer. While I’m already welcoming pumpkin with open arms, I just can’t say goodbye to the sunny weather and flip flops just yet. Although, let’s be honest. The cold weather never stops me from wearing flip flops or eating ice cream.
If you like ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, and cake batter – you’re my best friend AND this recipe is for you. The cookies are, without a doubt, amazing on their own but sandwiching ice cream between two of these chewy, sprinkle-loaded gems is heaven. Cake batter heaven.
I love any excuse to eat two cookies instead of one. Don’t you?
Cookies ‘n (ice) cream.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥Print
The best kind of sandwich! Made with vanilla ice cream and homemade cake batter chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 batch Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies, cooled completely
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (or your flavor of choice)
- Make the cookies according to my directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Set the ice cream out for about 10 minutes to slightly soften. Take a large scoop and sandwich it between two cookies. Feel free to roll the sides in sprinkles or chocolate chips. Freeze the sandwiches until ready to eat.
- Freezing Instructions: For longer storage, tightly wrap ice cream sandwiches individually in plastic wrap for up to 2 months.
Keywords: cake batter cookie ice cream sandwiches