3 ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need to make this irresistible cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter at home.
Tell Me About this Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter
- Texture: This nut butter is creamy and mostly smooth. It has a nice little texture boost from the raisins, which aren’t rock solid. It’s all very spreadable and spoonable.
- Flavor: Nutty, of course, with honey and cinnamon flavors. Have you ever had Peanut Butter & Company Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter? It’s like a homemade version of that!
- Ease: The process is beyond easy – into the blender and into the refrigerator. (Ok, who are we kidding? Into your mouth.)
- Time: This homemade peanut butter will take you 5 minutes tops.
Use a Blender or Food Processor
To process the peanuts into a smooth consistency, you need something high-powered. We usually use this blender/chopper for making nut butters at home. For a blender recommendation, we use and love the Vitamix.
- Note: No matter which processor or blender you use, homemade peanut butter will always be a little grainier than commercially processed.
Use Honey Roasted Peanuts
Why those and not plain peanuts, you ask? Well, this flavored peanut butter is sweet, so you’ll want the sweetness from honey roasted peanuts. Trust me, they make the best peanut butter.
A couple notes:
- Instead of honey roasted peanuts, you can use dry roasted plain peanuts and add 1 Tablespoon of honey. If your peanuts are unsalted, add a pinch of salt (or to taste).
- Interested in almond butter? You’ll love this salted maple roasted almond butter too.
Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Pairs Well With:
- sliced bananas + toasted bagel
- apple slices
- celery sticks
- crackers, rice cakes, pretzels
- sandwich bread
- a spoon
- use in these breakfast cookies or these flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- on this banana bread (!!)
More Homemade Toppings & SaucesPrint
3 ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need to make this lip-smackin’ cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter at home. Grab a spoon.
- 1 and 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts*
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- First, make sure you have a quality food processor/blender. See my suggestions above.
- In the food processor, pulse the peanuts until the nuts go from coarsely chopped to finely ground. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed. Keep pulsing until the peanuts resemble a thick and relatively smooth peanut butter. This will take a couple straight minutes of processing. Add the raisins and cinnamon and pulse gently a few times until mixed.
- Taste the peanut butter and add more cinnamon or raisins if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Peanuts: Instead of honey roasted peanuts, you can use dry roasted plain peanuts and add 1 Tablespoon of honey before you start processing. If your peanuts are unsalted, add a pinch of salt before processing. (Or add to taste.)
- Oil: You can add 1 Tablespoon of a neutral tasting oil (canola oil, peanut oil) during the blending process if your nuts aren’t processing. Usually honey roasted peanuts have a little extra oil in their coating which makes them easy to process. I never add oil.
Keywords: cinnamon raisin peanut butter, cinnamon peanut butter