Brace yourself for a symphony of flavors in this creamy strawberry feta pasta salad. This fantastic salad takes advantage of fresh seasonal summer produce. Crisp romaine lettuce, sweet, juicy strawberries, creamy avocado, crumbly feta cheese, and nutty sliver almonds come together to hit all the right flavor notes of a fresh and bountiful summer pasta dish.
Strawberries, avocado, almonds, oh my! If you enjoy your salads and pasta salads loaded with “stuff,” then this recipe is for you. And it’s a combination of ingredients that you might second-guess at first. Sure, strawberries and feta might seem oddly paired, but the sweet-salty combination hits the spot every time. In fact, feta cheese is a no-brainer in a salad like this, but substituting goat cheese would be a total home run too.
Plus, it’s topped with a completely homemade poppy seed dressing made with only a handful of ingredients including Greek yogurt.
Tell Me About this Strawberry Feta Pasta Salad
- Texture: There’s plenty of crunch from the almonds and romaine, which makes a playful contrast to the melt-in-your-mouth strawberries and big buttery chunks of avocado.
- Flavor: Loaded with sweet strawberries, salty feta, nutty almonds, and creamy avocado, this sensational salad will delight your taste buds. Plus, it’s lightly dressed in a sweet and creamy poppy seed and yogurt dressing for an added boost of flavor.
- Ease: It’s pretty simple. While the pasta is cooking, you prep the other ingredients and make the salad dressing. Drain the pasta and set it aside to cooled before combining it all together.
- Time: 25 minutes from start to finish.
When to Serve Strawberry Pasta Salad
With all the vibrant colors and variety of textures, this type of salad would work at any large-gathering occasion (because it can absolutely feed a crowd). I mean, how beautiful would this dish be at a bridal shower or baby shower? The bright pink strawberries and fresh flavors look gorgeous and complement any meal . Or you could even add blueberries for a festive Memorial Day or 4th of July potluck. And if you’re simply looking to turn it into a satisfying meal, add some grilled chicken.
Best of all, this pasta salad keeps for days in the refrigerator and tastes better on day 2 or 3, so it can be made ahead without any compromises to flavor or texture. This is summer-entertaining perfection at its finest.
More Recipes You’ll LovePrint
This creamy strawberry feta pasta salad is absolutely delicious, feeds a crowd, keeps for days in the refrigerator, and has homemade poppy seed dressing!
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2/3 cup (160g) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard (or 1 teaspoon dijon mustard)
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 pound dry pasta (elbow, bow tie, rotini, etc)
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 lb – 1.5 lbs strawberries, sliced (I use 1.5 lbs for lots of strawberries!)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup (85g) slivered or sliced almonds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk all of the poppy seed dressing ingredients together.
- Stir the remaining pasta salad ingredients in with the pasta. Toss with dressing. Add a little more feta and almonds if you wish. (I like a little extra cheese!)
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Tastes best on day 2 or 3, so it’s perfect to make ahead of time!
PS: here are the bowls I use in this photo 🙂