You’ve seen the original. And today, I bring you a cookies n’ cream, Golden Oreo version of my cake batter blondies. Sweet vanilla Oreos chopped up and smothered all over the original cake batter blondies. Dare I say I may even like these better than the original version? 😉
The vanilla Oreo wafers crushed & chopped up pair wonderfully with the gooey buttery yellow cake mix. The best bites are the ones with the sweet Oreo cream filling chunks, though. I bought double stuffed Golden Oreos because well…. the cream is just the best part.
What is so awesomely amazing about these and the original cake batter blondies is that it is hardly a recipe. A non-recipe recipe, if you will.
1 box of yellow cake, oil, a splash of milk, 1 egg, sprinkles, & white chocolate chips. Today’s Golden Oreo version? Just throw in a ton of crushed Golden Oreos instead of white chocolate chips (or add both!). There. You’re done. 30 minutes later and you’ll be in golden-oreo-goodness-cake-batter-heaven. Bonus! You can make these blondies in only 1 bowl. Because who actually likes to do the dishes?!
You’re going to adore these. 🙂
Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies
- 1 standard size box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup milk (less is better for a dense texture)
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped Golden Oreos (reserve a handful to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 11x7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want the cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible. Fold in the chopped Golden Oreo pieces and sprinkles.
- Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles and crushed Oreos on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.