A tropical beach vacation in a glass. With a cherry on top.
Let me interrupt your craving for all things fall flavored.
Though it may be getting cooler outside and you want nothing more than to break out your boots, wear your cable knit, and eat pumpkin pie all day long- here is a little taste of tropical paradise for you. Inspired by pina coladas enjoyed laying in a hammock by the brilliant blue ocean on Maui last week.
No edits here, it’s truly this beautiful.
I made today’s smoothie earlier this week because I miss everything about those lazy umbrella drink filled afternoons. That were often followed by a nap, dinner, champagne, and more umbrella drinks. Get me out of this dreary rainy weather and back to the beach.
Into the blender went pineapple, banana, a little taste of coconut – I didn’t have high hopes for it because hello it’s a mocktail, but I was instantly proven wrong. Love at first sip. Out of the blender came the creamiest, most tasty banana and vanilla infused pineapple concoction on the planet. Hawaii in a glass.
The only thing better than this pina colada smoothie is drinking an actual pina colada. And you can kinda do that by adding 1.5 ounces of rum. Sluuurp.
What makes this smoothie so like totally radical, dude, is my secret ingredient. Also the thing I’m giving away today at the bottom of this post. Listen to (read?) how cool this is: I recently tried Bai5 Molokai Coconut drink, learned via Instagram that they read my blog (what!), started emailing with them, and now they said I can give away a case of my favorite flavor to one of you. Which, of course, is the coconut flavor.
Have you ever had Bai5 drinks before?
I bought a case of the Congo Pear flavor at Costco before trying the coconut flavor. The pear is SO good. Definitely my second favorite. What I love most about Bai5 drinks is that they’re naturally sweetened. And are filled with antioxidant powerhouse coffeefruit- not the bean from which your morning coffee is made, but the juicy red fruit it comes from. Oh! And there’s only 5 calories per serving. Get it? Bai5.
Bai5 Molokai Coconut gives this smoothie unbeatable flavor. If you cannot find Molokai Coconut (I see it at Target, Acme, Wawa, gas stations, Whole Foods, and Giant all the time – it’s also online) coconut water would be just fine.
Get ready to whip up some Hawaiian paradise. Remember: adding rum is a good idea.
Adding rum is always a good idea.
Hawaiian Pina Colada Smoothie
This banana + pineapple + coconut + vanilla smoothie is a tropical beach vacation in a glass. With a cherry on top.
- 1 frozen ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup Bai5 Molokai Coconut
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt1
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- cherries and pineapple chunks for decor (pretty things taste better)
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender to really get that banana blended. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- On high, blend all of the ingredients listed - in that order - until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 3 minutes. Stop to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more Bai5 Molokai Coconut if needed to thin out.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy.
Try adding 1 cup of your favorite greens to get in some extra veggies.
- Full fat, low fat, or 0% Greek yogurt are all fine. Regular yogurt is OK as well. I prefer plain yogurt in this smoothie; I find flavored yogurt makes the smoothie too sweet.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Win a Case of Bai5 Molokai Coconut
For today’s giveaway, one lucky winner will receive one (1) case of Bai5 Molokai Coconut, which is twelve 18-oz bottles.
How To Enter
Update: This giveaway is now closed.
This post contains affiliate links.