As a cookbook author, I’ve purchased, gifted, and received many (MANY!) baking items around the holiday season. And I’m always thrilled to recommend my favorites to fellow home bakers. This baking holiday gift guide is a great place to start if you’re shopping for someone who loves to bake, creating a registry, or simply adding items to your own baking wish list!
Baking Holiday Gift Guide
Gifting something thoughtful to another baker, especially around the holiday season, is a wonderful way to spread (delicious!) joy. My team and I curate a new baking holiday gift guide every year, packed with special items from fellow small businesses, and general baking items from online retailers.
Here are 100+ gift ideas for the baker in your life… or if you’re doing some personal shopping. 🙂
Plus, I also have our non-holiday gifts for bakers page if you need even more inspiration.
All of these baking gifts are items I own or are products I see with wonderful reviews. None of this is sponsored—truly just items I love! Some of these links are affiliate links.
Baking Gifts From Small Business/Individual Shops
There are many unique and personalized gift ideas in this giant section. I broke this section into 3 subcategories for easier browsing including Wall Art, Personal Accessories, and Kitchen/Home.
Beautiful Wall Art
- Personalized Recipe Wall Art – Lovely keepsake for heirloom recipes.
- Cupcakes Painting Wall Art – That chocolate cupcake looks familiar! 😉
- Happiness Is Homemade Wooden Sign – A sweet addition to the home.
- Personalized Bakery Sign Metal Wall Art – Vintage-looking and farmhouse-style.
- Chalkboard-Inspired French Bakery Patisserie Wall Art – I have several prints from this Etsy shop. So much beautiful artwork.
- Chalkboard-Inspired Christmas Cookie Wall Art – Same shop as above. I have this exact one and it’s adorable.
- Kitchen Conversion Charts – These are practical and pretty!
- Baking Spirits Bright Sweatshirt – Adore this and the matching shirt!
- Cookie Lady Shirt – My favorite & so soft.
- Baking Heart Shirt – Also super soft.
- Personalized Apron – For the baking lover.
- Stainless Steel Baking Tumbler – You could pair with any of the shirts/sweatshirt above.
- Baking Mug – Pair with a jar of homemade vanilla sugar!
- Personalized Wooden Recipe Binder – Timeless and so thoughtful.
- Personalized Patterned Recipe Binder – I have something just like this and love it.
- Gorgeous Illustrated Recipe Binder – How gorgeous are those illustrations?!
- Recipe Testing Notebook – Document your favorite recipes, kitchen trials and errors, and beloved family recipes in this helpful notebook.
- Bake a Wish Greeting Cards – The sweetest snail mail. These are equally adorable: You Bake the World a Butter Place card, and personalized baking stationery.
- Baking Charm Collection – The whisk is so cute (they all are)!
- Sugar Cookie Earrings – Because why not?! 🙂
For the Kitchen & Home
- Baking Puns Coasters – Unique and so much fun.
- Personalized Cookie Tins – A beautiful way to store or transport homemade goodies. I love these “from the kitchen of” tags, too.
- Heirloom Cutting Board – Personalize this cutting board with a favorite handwritten family recipe.
- Creme Brûlée Candle & Vanilla Cupcake Candle – These candles are hand-poured in small batches. So many scents!
- Personalized Baking Tea Towel – This would be such a thoughtful, personalized gift with a baking pan or set like this White Stoneware Pie Dishes Set.
- Customizable Spatulas – So many beautiful colors to choose from.
- Personalized Cookie Jar – Gift the jar filled with a batch of homemade cookies.
- Stand Mixer Wildflower Decals – Snazzy style for your countertop mixer!
Thoughtful Baking Sets
We threw together some various items that, together, make a thoughtful and complete set!
- Cookie Baking Set – Start with these baking sheets. They’re durable, don’t warp, and cool quickly. Pair with parchment paper sheets or a baking mat, cookie scoops, and a cooling rack for a complete gift. (I love using this lasagna turner as a cookie spatula, too!)
- Bread Baking Set – Gift some fun bread-baking companions like a bread lame, Le Creuset cast iron bread baker, and Flour Water Salt Yeast cookbook, and/or a linen bread bag.
- Cake Decorating Set – Start with the best round cake pans, either these 9-inch cake pans or these 8-inch cake pans. Add a cake turntable (because cake decorating is so much easier with a turntable!), this scraper for smoothing icing, this icing comb for textured icing, and/or these icing spatulas.
- 12-Piece Piping Tips Set – This piping tips set includes some of the most common decorating tips (including Wilton 1M) for cakes and cupcakes, plus it includes piping bags. To complete this entire gift, add a mint cake stand and these fun spatulas. (I have them!)
- Pie Baking Set – Start with a quality pie dish (it’s my go-to, favorite one). Complete the gift with a pastry cutter, pie weights, pastry brush, and a pie crust shield.
- Baking Pan Set – Second to baking sheets, a 9×13-inch pan is the most common and practical pan to own because it’s useful for sheet cakes, bars, brownies, and more. Add a loaf pan, springform pan, and 9×9-inch pan to complete the set.
- Cake Decorating Supplies Set – I don’t own this, but it seems to have everything included! What a wonderful gift for beginner cake decorators.
General Baking Supplies
These are my recommended basics to help stock a baker’s kitchen.
- Stand Mixer – A classic gift for any baker. The Matte Blue Velvet is a newer shade and absolutely gorgeous in person.
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – One of my most-used kitchen tools! Mine (5-speed) is over 12 years old and still running strong.
- Measuring Cups – These are incredibly practical with magnetic handles so they stick together. I love the simplicity of these stainless steel measuring cups and measuring spoons.
- Liquid Measuring Cups – I love this set of 3 liquid measuring cups. If tight on storage space, they double as mixing bowls too.
- Glass Mixing Bowls – This set of 10 mixing bowls is a wonderful addition to any baker’s kitchen. They’re microwave-safe and I appreciate the various sizes—a bowl for everything.
- Food Processor – I use mine for nuts, sauces, and so much more—it’s helpful and versatile.
- Kitchen Scale – In baking, precision is everything, and that slight mis-measure could spell baking disaster. This is by far the most important tool in my kitchen. I also recommend an oven thermometer for accuracy.
- Silicone Spatulas – An essential in every kitchen and a gift that everyone enjoys. I also love these: heart spatula, Mickey Mouse spatula, and monogram spatula.
- Rainbow Whisks – Because why not? I smile whenever I use mine!
- Mini Whisks Set – Great for smaller bowls or even little helpers’ hands.
- Adjustable Rolling Pin – The simplest way to roll cookie dough, pie dough, pizza crust, and more. The adjustable discs make it easy to roll any thickness—no more uneven dough. Pair with these cookie cutters for every season, and these holiday cookie cutters are so fun for the Christmas cookie enthusiast!
- Flour/Sugar Storage Containers – These are the best bulk storage containers… and I’ve tried plenty! They aren’t fancy but they are a staple in my kitchen.
- Americolor Gel Paste Food Coloring – Use this for royal icing, frosting, and cake batters. The colors are beautiful. For softer colors, I love this pastel kit.
This section of the baking holiday gift guide includes specialty items that a beginner OR seasoned baker may not own yet.
- Thumbprint Cookie Stamps – These make such pretty cookies.
- Beautiful Braided Loaf Pan – For a gorgeous quick bread like banana bread.
- White Stoneware Pie Dishes Set – Pair with pie weights and a pie crust shield, too.
- Donut Pan – Great quality and inexpensive. Try making mini donuts, too.
- Cookie Press – For making spritz cookies.
- Bundt Cake Pan – My favorite one. The Bundt cake releases easily AND it’s really easy to clean. This mini Bundt cake pan is also adorable because sometimes it makes more sense to have cute mini cakes instead of a large one!
- Cupcake Pan – Also great for muffins. Pair with these parchment liners—they fit wonderfully and peel away without sticking.
- Biscuit Cutters – I love the variety of sizes in this set. Or try these heart biscuit cutters. Add a pastry cutter, pastry brush, and bench scraper for the pastry/dough baker!
- Candy Thermometer – Simplifies the entire candy-cooking process because there’s no mistaking temperature/doneness. This one is also a great option. I own and love both.
- Kitchen Torch – Not a baking necessity but a fun addition to a well-stocked kitchen! Perfect for brownie baked Alaska, crème brûlée, and toasted meringue topping.
- Heart Cast Iron Pan – A definite splurge but lovely for small-batch meals.
- Holiday Cooling Rack – Adorable!
Carriers, Cake Stands, & Serveware
Transporting and displaying your baked goods isn’t always at the top of the mind, so these accessories are majorly helpful to have on hand!
- Cupcake Carrier – Great for cupcakes but also for cookies! I also own and love this cupcake carrier.
- Cake Carrier – In addition to transporting baked goods, I like to place decorated cakes and cupcakes in these carriers and store them in the refrigerator to keep fresh.
- Bakery Boxes – I’ve tried many brands and keep coming back to these for when I’m gifting my baked goods to others, especially around the holidays.
- Farmhouse-Style Tiered Dessert Tray – Own and love this. I often put my produce on it and have it displayed on the counter as a “fruit basket” of sorts. Always receives compliments!
- Wood & Marble Cake Stand – I use this cake stand most! It’s simple, yet elegant and heavy duty.
- Wood Cake Stand – I love mine! Gorgeous and wipes clean every time.
- Glass Covered Cake Stand – Always nice to have a lid over your baked goods when storing/transporting.
- Pink Cake Stand – The perfect addition to the sweetest celebrations! This white cake stand is also a favorite—it’s simple enough for daily use and pretty enough for parties and celebrations.
- Wood Serving Boards – I own all 3 sizes and use them for cakes, cupcakes, muffins, charcuterie, fruit, and more. They’re beautiful in person.
- Tree Serving Platter – Seasonal and special for your homemade treats or hors d’oeuvres.
Home, Games, & Personal Accessories
This baking holiday gift guide section includes everything from aprons and towels to games and calendars!
- Quality Apron in Many Colors – I have the spruce color. I have a lot of aprons and this is a high-quality, durable apron for a fraction of the price of some overly fancy aprons.
- Floral Apron – My favorite! And you can pair with the matching oven mitt. (I find the oven mitt a little stiff and you really need to break it in.)
- Dish Towels – Always a fun way to add a pop of color to the kitchen. They have many other beautiful designs, too.
- Marble Cookbook Holder – Pretty on the counter with or without a cookbook.
- Stand Mixer Ornament – Would be a cute gift topper! We have a couple of these cookie ornaments, too. Both are gorgeous glittery additions to the Christmas tree!
- 1000-Piece Gingerbread House Puzzle
- 1000-Piece Donuts Puzzle – We have this and it’s a fun (but tricky!) one.
- 24 Days of Cookie Baking Advent Calendar – Treat your favorite baker (maybe that baker is you!) to 24 days of sweet cookie baking accessories.
- Gingerbread Spatula & Cookie Cutter – A fun spatula and cookie cutter to use when making a batch of gingerbread cookies, of course!
Gift Ideas for Young Bakers
We have many of these items and they’re all a lot of fun for young bakers!
- Kids Personalized Apron – Great quality & many colors.
- Matching Baking Aprons – Adorable yet functional matching aprons for you and your assistant baker!
- Kids Toy Personalized Baking Utensil Holder – How special for your baking sidekick.
- Intro to Baking Set – Tools for young bakers made for real kitchen use. Gift with The Complete Baking Book for Young Chefs by America’s Test Kitchen.
- Bakery Treats Set – For the tiniest bakers in training.
- Play Oven – We have and love this. It’s smaller than most play kitchens, which is great if you don’t have a lot of space.
- Ice Cream Counter Toys – This is one of our favorite toys and we’ve had it for 4 years—great quality and still played with regularly.
- Melissa & Doug Play Cookie Set – Also one of our favorites.
- Mini Cake Decorating Kit – Little bakers can experiment with real piping techniques using decorating clay.
- Rainbow Spatulas – A cheerful set of 8 mini spatulas!
- Kids Market Cart – I’ve seen it set up as a little bakery cart with this baked goods set. These toy cupcakes would be an adorable addition, too!
- Wooden Toy Kitchen & Wooden Toy Kitchen Mixer – Let the imaginative play soar.
- Cookies! Board Book and Stir Crack Whisk Bake by America’s Test Kitchen.
Cookbooks I Love
- Baking School by King Arthur Baking Company. You know I always love learning the hows and whys of baking, and this has been a fantastic book that guides bakers of any skill level.
- Life Is What You Bake It by Vallery Lomas. 100 recipes from the winner of the 3rd season of The Great American Baking Show!
- Tastes Better from Scratch by Lauren Allen. Lauren is a fellow food blogger and known for delicious recipes you can count on.
- Comfort Baking by Stephanie Wise. Stephanie is also a fellow food blogger. Her book is perfect for those of us passionate about our baking hobbies. I love this new book!
- Family Favorites Cookbook by Rachel Farnsworth aka The Stay at Home Chef! All of her most popular recipes are nestled in this fully photographed book.
- Bigger Bolder Baking Everyday by Gemma Stafford. Love Gemma’s website and recipes, especially the shortbread recipe you’ll find in this book. It’s excellent.
- Snackable Bakes by Jessie Sheehan. Jessie makes baking easy. 🙂 This is a fun cookbook!
- Simple Small-Batch Baking by Mike Johnson. Mike is also a fellow food blogger, and his new cookbook is excellent if you’re baking for fewer people… like 1/2 dozen cupcakes, cakes made in a loaf pan, half batches of cookies, etc.
- Nadiya Bakes by Nadiya Hussain, winner of The Great British Baking Show/Bake Off. A New York Times bestseller. I just received this, and can’t wait to try the grapefruit ganache tart.
- New World Sourdough cookbook by Bryan Ford. A bread baker must-have.
- Snacking Cakes by Yossy Arefi. No-fuss cakes with simple ingredients!
- Savory Baking by Erin Jeanne McDowell. I appreciate Erin’s way of teaching. And I love that this is a SAVORY book. Think pizzas, flatbreads, biscuits, cheesy pastries, etc.
- The New Way to Cake by Benjamina Ebuehi. Stunning photography and very clear instructions. I’ve loved this cookbook.
- Crazy for Cookies, Brownies, & Bars by Dorothy Kern. Dorothy is a dear friend and incredibly talented baker. Her blog is Crazy for Crust and she’s developed and published 100s of dependable recipes for sweets!
- Easy Culinary Science for Better Cooking by Jessica Gavin. I LOVE this cookbook! Just as she does on her blog, Jessica breaks down the science of cooking in a practical way so you can have a better understanding of how recipes work.
- The Perfect Pie and The Perfect Cake by America’s Test Kitchen. LOVE their books!
- Flour Water Salt Yeast by Ken Forkish. A complete baking education for bread bakers.
- Grandbaby Cakes by Jocelyn Delk Adams. Jocelyn is a superstar and she certainly knows her desserts. You’ll fall in love with this cookbook’s beautiful photography, her fuss-free approach to baking, and touching heartfelt memories.
- Holiday and Celebration Bread in Five Minutes a Day by