Baking Gift Ideas
Let’s celebrate the season of giving with my annual Gift Guide for Bakers. ♥
Whatever’s happening this holiday season, know that you’re not alone in its challenges. Gifting something thoughtful to another baker in your life is a wonderful way to spread joy– something we could all use this year.
Here are 50+ gift ideas for the baker in your life or if you need ideas for your own wish list. My assistant Hilari and I curated this list and included many options from small businesses and individual Etsy shops, places we all know could use the love and support this year. There’s also a special section if you’re shopping for little bakers and a handful of cookbooks written by immensely talented BIPOC chefs. Thank you so much for gathering here and spreading your sweetness inside and outside of the kitchen.
We also updated last year’s gift guide if you need even more inspiration!
All of these gifts are items I own or are products I see with wonderful reviews. None of this is sponsored– truly just items I love! Some of these links are affiliate links.
- Baking Sheets – These are durable, don’t warp, and cool quickly. I also really like the Nordic Ware baking sheets. Pair with parchment paper sheets or a baking mat, cooling rack, and a spatula for a complete gift.
- 9×13 Inch Pan – Second to my baking sheets, I use this pan most often for sweet and savory purposes. It’s perfect for sheet cakes, bars, brownies, and more. Add a loaf pan and 9×9 inch pan for fun!
- Glass Mixing Bowls – A staple in my kitchen. I switch between glass mixing bowls and stainless steel mixing bowls. If you’re tight on kitchen space, this set of 9 nesting bowls is a wonderful option.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – This magnetic set keeps everything together– no missing cups or spoons.
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – I don’t know what I’d do without it. I have this model and it’s lasted me years. 5 speeds is perfect– I don’t think more speed options is particularly necessary.
- Food Processor – I love that there are 2 conveniently sized containers for processing. I use mine for nuts, pesto, sauces, graham cracker crusts, and more.
- Kitchen Scale – This is by far the most important tool in my kitchen. Precision is everything and that slight mis-measure could spell baking disaster. I also recommend an oven thermometer for accuracy.
- Flour & Sugar Storage Containers – I highly recommend these. They snap shut so ingredients stay fresh. I own 6 for various flours and sugars.
- Fun Spatulas – Spatulas are a fun add-on to any baking related gift. These colorful mini spatulas are adorable!
- Adjustable Rolling Pin – The adjustable discs make it easy to roll any thickness– no more uneven dough. Add a fun set of cookie cutters like this alphabet and numbers cookie cutter set.
- Oven Mitt – Fun and colorful. I love these oven mitts too, though they’re a little stiff and you really need to use them before they break in!
Small Business/Individual Etsy Shops
- Sprinkles – The happiest gift. They make such a fun stocking stuffer, hostess gift, etc. Use code SALLYSBAKING15 for 15% off.
- Personalized Cutting Board – Such beautiful craftsmanship. Would make a nice wedding gift as well.
- Baking Charm Bracelet – These charms are adorable.
- Happiness is Homemade Wooden Sign – A sweet addition to the kitchen or home.
- Personalized Notecards – These are adorable and I love that they can be personalized.
- Sugar Cookie Candle – Your home will smell like cookies even when you’re not baking.
- Life is What You Bake It Print – I have several prints from this Etsy shop. So much beautiful artwork.
- Bread Tea Towel – For the bread baker in your life! Pair with New World Sourdough cookbook by Bryan Ford for a complete gift. (One of my favorite cookbooks.)
- Stand Mixer Ornament – Absolutely adorable.
- Cookie Baking Mug – Gift it with homemade vanilla sugar for morning coffee!
- Our Family Recipes Notebook – For recipes, notes, and more.
- Pie Box – Gift with a homemade pie. A thoughtful housewarming gift, too.
- Personalized Baking Tins – For storing or transporting homemade goodies.
- Bake the World a Better Place Shirt – Perfect for days in the kitchen.
- Cookie Scoops – Purchase all 3 sizes. I use the small for small cookies, truffles, and as a melon baller. I use the medium for cookies and the large is wonderful for large cookies, ice cream, and shaping meatballs.
- Cookie Press – I love mine for spritz cookies. I also own and love these cookie stamps. (Stamped cookie recipe coming soon!)
- Cookie Cutters – This cookie cutter set is perfect for all seasons.
- Wilton Decorating Tip Kit – This set has it all. For sugar cookie decorating, I use round tips 1 – 5. For cupcake decorating, I use any of the star tips. Or tip 352 for sunflower cupcakes. To complete it, I’d gift piping bags too.
- Americolor Gel Paste Kit – I love using Americolor gel food coloring for royal icing, frosting, red velvet treats, and cake batters– the colors are vibrant and beautiful.
- Cake Turntable – Cake decorating is so much easier with a turntable. Pair with a couple icing spatulas for the cake bakers in your life.
- Cookie & Cupcake Carrier – This works wonderfully for cupcakes and when I use it for cookies, I pile them super high. For cakes, I love this cake carrier. I even place decorated cakes and cupcakes in these carriers and store them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Donut Pan – Make donuts at home!
- Pie Dish – My favorite– I own 5 of them. For another option, I love these ruffled pie dishes. Complete the gift with pie weights and a pie crust shield.
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven – A splurge! Worth it for the quality. I use mine for no knead breads, soups, stews, and more.
Home & Personal Accessories
- Wood & Marble Cake Stand – Simply elegant & heavy duty. I love mine.
- Glass & Wood Dessert Stand – I love that this comes with a glass cover. This wood and metal covered cake stand is also really pretty.
- Cookie Bake & Take Boxes – Fill these beautiful boxes with your favorite holiday cookies or candies and gift to neighbors, friends, etc.
- The Best Things in Life Are Shared Serving Platter – They really are. 🙂
- Cupcake Puzzle – A fun activity for the entire family.
- Cupcake Ornament – A glittery addition to the Christmas tree.
- Hasty Baker Game – Have fun collecting ingredient cards and finishing your recipe first in this family-friendly game.
- Get Baking Pajamas – I love Hanna Andersson pajamas for my daughters (the quality is incredible) and this set is simply adorable! Everything is pretty true to size. This sprinkle dress is also so cute.
- Kids Oven Mitt – Just bought this for my daughter. Makes a fun gift along with this colorful (and durable) cake stand.
- Rainbow Apron – Such a cute personalized gift for young aspiring bakers. I also love these dog and cat aprons and this snowman apron.
- Intro to Baking Set – Tools for young bakers made for real kitchen use.
- Little Chef Gift Set – Complete with a soft apron, a toy hand mixer, and mini cooking set. This Flour Shop baking play set is also a fun option with colorful kid-sized baking tools and play sprinkles!
- Patisserie Kids Baking Set – This set comes in a cute vintage-inspired case with a mini recipe book.
- Melissa & Doug Slice and Bake Cookie Set – For little ones who already enjoy spending time in the kitchen (try this make a cake mixer set, too!).
- Play Felt Cookie Baking Set – Little bakers will love having their own cookie baking set!
- Play Kitchen – Let imaginations soar in this play kitchen. Just imagine what flavor combinations and recipes kids will create!
- Cookies! A Cook in a Book Board Book by Lotta Nieminen and Stir Crack Whisk Bake by America’s Test Kitchen. Such a sweet book for little ones.
Books & Cookbooks
- New World Sourdough cookbook by Bryan Ford. A bread baker must-have.
- GrandBaby Cakes by Jocelyn Delk Adams. A wonderfully sweet book written by a wonderfully sweet and talented baker.
- Even Better Brownies by Mike Johnson. Comes out next week, so go ahead and preorder it. Mike is a fellow blogger and his recipes are always a hit. Try his funfetti cake for two if you ever need something smaller!
- Black Girl Baking by Jerelle Guy. I bought this beautiful cookbook earlier in the year. The wild blueberry drop biscuits are to die for.
- The Secret to Hummingbird Cake by Celeste Fletcher McHale. You’ll want a slice of hummingbird cake once you finish this book!
- The New Way To Cake by Benjamina Ebuehi. Stunning photography and very clear instructions. I’ve loved this cookbook.
- The Book on Pie by Erin McDowell. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make the best pies from scratch, get this brand new cookbook. It’s a masterpiece!
- Weeknight Baking by Michelle Lopez. One of my favorites for practical baking recipes. I love all of Michelle’s recipes that I’ve tried!
- Holiday and Celebration Bread in Five Minutes a Day by
- Hello, Cookie Dough by Kristen Tomlan. My dear friend wrote a gorgeous cookbook all about edible cookie dough. My daughter (age 3) loves looking at all the pictures. This is a fun cookbook for all ages!
- Cook’s Illustrated Baking Book by America’s Test Kitchen. I’ve learned so much from this cookbook. It’s my favorite and what I recommend to anyone who wants to begin developing recipes! (Try The Complete Baking Book for Young Chefs also by ATK. A wonderful cookbook for young bakers!)
Wishing you all a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season!