There’s nothing artificial about this homemade pumpkin coffee creamer. Made with real pumpkin puree, you can feel good about adding a splash to your coffee!
Nothing compares to a steaming hot cup of coffee on cool mornings. Add some pumpkin coffee creamer and a side of apple cider donuts, and you literally have a fall dream come true. I usually just buy pumpkin spice creamer from the store, but after finally reading the ingredient list, I knew I could do better. (There’s no actual pumpkin in the store bought stuff!) Pumpkin creamer is super simple to make and comes together in just 15 minutes.
Let’s do this!
Pumpkin Coffee Creamer Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love this Homemade Coffee Creamer
There’s so much to love and no more excuses to buy the packaged stuff!
- Outstanding pumpkin flavor from pure pumpkin puree
- Fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice
- Real, wholesome ingredients– no preservatives
- Takes only 15 minutes
- Can be made dairy free (see recipe notes)
- Less expensive to make than purchasing from the store
And the best part of all: your house will smell like fall while it cooks!!
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
In 15 minutes, you have the perfect blend of fall flavors for your morning coffee.
- Combine all liquids together in a saucepan.
- Add cinnamon sticks.
- Bring mixture to a boil & whisk.
- Let cool and use in coffee!
My tip: Because there are so few ingredients, it’s important to use them all. Don’t leave anything out.
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
The base of pumpkin spice coffee creamer is obviously cream. I recommend heavy cream for the richest flavor and texture, but half-and-half or whole milk can be used instead. For a dairy-free alternative, try using coconut milk, cashew milk, or almond milk.
My favorite way to enjoy coffee in the fall? Adding a splash of homemade pumpkin creamer, then topping with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Talk about dreamy!
PS: Since this recipe uses such a small amount of pumpkin puree, you may have extras to use up. Here are recipes that use leftover pumpkin. Enjoy!Print
Make homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer in less than 15 minutes! It has incredible flavor thanks to real pumpkin puree.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy cream, half-and-half, or whole milk*
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 – 2 cinnamon sticks
- In small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together heavy cream, pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Add cinnamon sticks and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally, for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let creamer cool in pan 5 minutes before using in your coffee. Add sugar to your coffee if you take it that way. You can also add whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon too.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
- Dairy Free Creamer: Try using coconut, cashew, or almond milk.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I like a lot of spice, so I add close to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Taste and add however much you like. You can make your own 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice by blending a pinch each of ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground allspice.
- Special Tools: Saucepan | Whisk | Libby’s Pure Pumpkin | Pumpkin Pie Spice | Glass Mugs
Keywords: homemade pumpkin coffee creamer, pumpkin spice coffee creamer