Cool and creamy key lime pie milkshakes are the perfect blend of creamy vanilla frozen yogurt, tart key lime, and graham cracker crumbs.
This recipe is for those days when you just can’t shake a key lime pie craving, but don’t feel like making one. Wait, you get key lime pie cravings as much as I do – right?
When the days grow longer and the weather starts to warm, I want nothing but fresh fruits, lots of guacamole, frozen yogurt dates, cold brews, and key lime pie anything. By the way, have you tried my Key Lime Pie yet?
If you’re looking for a refreshing dessert milkshake to whip up this summer, this key lime pie milkshake is just the right ticket. You’ve got all the essential key lime pie flavors and textures, too. Sweet, creamy, tart lime, and of course… crunchy graham crackers! No key lime pie is complete without a buttery graham cracker crust.
These creamy milkshakes are a snap to make too.
For the milkshakes, I used vanilla frozen yogurt, key lime juice, vanilla extract, almond milk, a little vanilla coffee creamer, and graham crackers on top.
I tried to make these milkshakes with frozen bananas as the base, but I didn’t care for the flavor. Though the banana fro-yo tastes more vanilla-y than like bananas, it still did not work well with the key lime juice.
By the way, my funfetti nail polish is from Jindie Nails – my blog inspired that shade, she says! Pretty cool, right?
This sweet ‘n tart milkshake makes the perfect afternoon snack or 10pm “gimme something sweet as quickly as possible” dessert –> happens to the best of us. It’s not too heavy, either. So you can absolutely have more than one…
It’s so good, you won’t really mind that it’s much lighter than a thick slice of the real thing. By the way, feel free to add a few spinach leaves to make the milkshake green. I know it sounds odd, but you won’t taste it with all that frozen yogurt and lime!
Cool and creamy key lime pie milkshakes are the perfect blend of creamy vanilla frozen yogurt, tart key lime, and graham cracker crumbs. Milkshakes are gluten free if using gluten free graham crackers or leaving them out.
- 1 and 1/2 cups your favorite vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 3 Tablespoons key lime juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk)*
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla coffee creamer*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 full sheet graham cracker, crushed
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender, in listed order, except for the graham cracker crumbs. Blend on high until thick and smooth. Taste and add more key lime for more lime flavor, more frozen yogurt for a thicker consistency, more milk to thin out.
- Pour into glasses and top with crushed graham cracker. Enjoy immediately.
- Milk: If using plain milk (not vanilla flavored) add 1/2 – 1 extra teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Creamer: The vanilla flavored creamer added so much sweetness and flavor! We both much preferred the milkshakes with it. Keeping that in mind, you could leave it out and replace with more milk.
Keywords: key lime pie milkshake