I’m nervous to share this recipe with you today.
You see… these brownie bites are dangerous.
Like, pure evil in a mini fudgy brownie form.
I dare you to stop at one melty bite.
A smooth river of peanut butter, a dark chocolate fudge brownie, chunky chocolate and peanut butter chips.
All in one bite sized little cup. A brownie version of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. For real.
Nevermind that they are bitesized – making it clearly acceptable to eat more than 5 – these brownie bites are SO easy and quick to make that they should come with a warning label.
For the base, I used my go-to homemade fudge brownie recipe. Feel free to use a boxed mix or your own favorite brownies.
Fill with your favorite peanut butter and top with anything your heart desires. I went for chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
I clearly cannot get enough chocolate and peanut butter in my life.
Ugh. I know, they look so innocent.Print
Since they are brownie bites, you can have more than one. Or two, or three!
Homemade Fudgy Brownie Layer
(or use your favorite boxed brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate (I used 2 4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Generously spray two 24-count muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- If using a boxed brownie mix: Prepare the brownie batter according to packaged directions. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon into each mini muffin cup. Bake for roughly 12 minutes, until top is set. Skip down to #4.
- If using my homemade fudgy brownie recipe: Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon into each mini muffin cup. Bake in batches for roughly 12 minutes, until top is set.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature before removing from muffin tins. The centers of the brownies should slightly fall (some of mine did and some did not). For any brownie cups whose centers did not fall, press down each center with your fingertip to create a “pool.”
- Melt the peanut butter for 45 seconds in the microwave. Stir it up and spoon about 1/2 tsp into the center of each brownie. Top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Keywords: fudge brownie cups