Another chocolate & peanut butter recipe. Sigh.
I mean, are you really surprised? There’s enough chocolate and peanut butter going on around here to make a Reese’s jealous.
And now, I’m loading my favorite flavor combo into another favorite of mine: homemade granola!
Whenever I’m making homemade granola, I stick to 5 main ingredients.
- Grains (oats)
- Dried fruit
- A sticky sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, etc)
- A binder (nut butter, pureed dried fruit, apple sauce, etc)
I really just use anything I have in the pantry at the time in each of those categories. That’s the beauty of homemade granola and/or granola bars… they are uniquely versatile and you can mix/match based on what you like/have on hand.
This time, my pantry was loaded with chocolate and peanut butter. Shocker. So I worked off of those.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate (who doesn’t?!?!?!), then this is for you. It’s a peanut butter cup in a bowl. One of my many healthy, wholesome granolas that won’t weigh you down. Eat up!Print
Healthy and wholesome peanut butter cup granola– like a peanut butter cup in a bowl!
- 2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more, go by your taste preference)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup honey roasted peanut butter (or regular creamy peanut butter)
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, ground flax, peanuts, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a small bowl, melt peanut butter and honey for about 30 seconds in the microwave. You want it to be runny and mixed together well (add more honey or peanut butter if needed until smooth and liquify). Pour melted peanut butter mixture over oat mixture. Make sure all oats are moistened. Lightly stir in half of the chocolate chips. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and press the oats down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and mix around so that all sides bake evenly. Pop back into the oven for another 15 minutes. Remove and mix in the raisins and remaining chocolate chips. The warm granola will melt the chocolate and bind the granola. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Keywords: peanut butter cup granola