A lightened-up frozen mint chocolate chip pie with a cool minty Oreo crust.
A lightened-up frozen mint chocolate chip pie with a cool minty Oreo crust. No baking!
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 20 Cool Mint Creme Oreos (or regular Oreos)
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup Andes Mints Creme de Menthe Baking Chips or chopped Andes Mints
- First, make the Oreo cookie crust: Crush the mint Oreos into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix the crushed Oreo crumbs and melted butter together. It may look like there is not enough butter, but it will come together. Place into a 9-inch pie pan, pressing the crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides as much as it will fit. Try to make the crust 1/8 inch thick all around. It does not have to be perfect. Set in the freezer as you make the filling.
- Prepare the pie filling: Mix the softened cream cheese, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder together in a large bowl. I used an electric mixer for ease, but a rubber spatula or wooden spoon would do the trick. Mix until the mixture is completely smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Remove pie crust from the freezer and layer 1/2 of the pie filling onto the crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Andes Mint baking chips. Layer with the rest of the pie filling, swirling to make it completely smooth on top. Top with chocolate syrup and remaining Andes Mint baking chips.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. 20 minutes before serving, remove from the freezer and let sit out to gently thaw. This made the pie much easier to cut. I topped with more chocolate syrup before serving, but that is completely optional.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Pie can be made ahead, covered tightly, and frozen up to 2-3 days.
- Whipped Topping: Instead of the whipped topping, you can use 1 cup of fresh whipped cream. Combine 1 cup of heavy cream with 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar and whip on high for 3-4 minutes until you have whipped cream.
Keywords: skinny frozen mint chocolate pie, frozen mint chocolate pie
Baking Made Easy
Are you new to this website? This email series is a great place to start. I’ll walk you through a few of my most popular recipes and show you exactly why they work.