This recipe combines a light-textured and creamy peanut butter filling, a crisp-crunchy Oreo cookie crust, and plenty of peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and crushed Reese’s Pieces.
As a shortcut, use store-bought thawed whipped topping in the filling. If you want to go the homemade route instead, use this recipe for whipped cream instead. You fold this into the other filling ingredients.
The pie sits on an Oreo cookie crust. For this no-bake filling, I slightly scaled down my regular Oreo cookie crust so it’s a bit thinner. (Since it’s a thinner filling, too.)
If you would prefer an ice cream filling, try this peanut butter ice cream pie instead!Print
This is a really easy frozen peanut butter pie that comes together quickly. The crust is a slightly scaled down version of this Oreo cookie crust, to yield a slightly thinner crust. See recipe Note about using homemade whipped cream instead of store-bought whipped topping.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 18 regular Oreo cookies (not Double-Stuf)
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp; 56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 8 ounces (226g) full-fat brick cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces thawed whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)*
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup crushed Reese’s Pieces, divided
- Make the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse 22 Oreos (including the cream filling) into a fine crumb. You should have about 2 cups (packed) crumbs, or 250g. Pour crumbs into a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick and quite wet. Try to smash/break up any large chunks. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. With medium pressure using your hand, pat the crumbs down into the bottom and up the sides to make a compact, thick crust. Set in the freezer as you make the filling.
- Prepare the pie filling: Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, sugar, cream cheese, and milk together in a large bowl. Beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Remove pie crust from the freezer and layer 1/2 of the pie filling onto the crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the crushed Reese’s Pieces. Layer with the rest of the pie filling, swirling to make it completely smooth on top. Top with chocolate syrup and remaining Reese’s Pieces.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. 20 minutes before serving, remove from the freezer and let sit out to gently thaw. This makes the pie much easier to cut.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Pie can be made ahead, covered tightly, and frozen up to 2-3 days.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Food Processor | Glass Mixing Bowl | 9-inch Pie Dish | Electric Mixer (Handheld or Stand)
- Whipped Topping: Instead of the whipped topping, you can use this full recipe for homemade whipped cream.
- Toppings: Feel free to use any candy topping of your choice. Peanut butter cups, crushed cookies, candy bars, coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Adapted from Skinny Taste.
Keywords: skinny frozen peanut butter pie, frozen peanut butter pie