Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Bites
I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. It is unbelievable how addicting these pretzel bites are! I’ve made them three times in the past month and people beg me for the recipe every time I make them. I can hardly even call this a “recipe,” so I never really thought to post it on the blog!
But enough friends have requested I share my chocolate peanut buttery pretzel treats, so here they are today.
Chocolate covered pretzels are a staple in my house. They are my go-to treat for nearly every occassion. No-bake, ready in minutes, and perfect to satisfy my sweet and salty cravings. Well, combine said chocolate pretzels with a thick (and I mean THICK) layer of peanut butter filling and you’ve got yourself one addicting little bite-sized treat.
I’ve made them with pretzel squares and regular mini pretzels, and both are equally as delicious! If you want to impress people, but save on time and effort, you
should need to make these. They are SO easy – they take less than 30 minutes!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Bites.
Yield: 30 bites
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 60 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet Bakers Chocolate Baking Bar OR 8 oz chocolate melts
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together peanut butter and butter with a spoon. Stir in sugars until thick dough forms. Roll peanut butter dough into 30 small balls. If it is too sticky, add more powdered sugar.
- Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, break up the chocolate and melt for about 1 minute in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bite back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes for chocolate to set. Pretzel bites are fresh up to 10 days, stored in the refrigerator.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
I have a huge crush on chocolate covered pretzels. 😉