Pretzel Hugs.

If you’ve been reading my blog for the past few months, you may have noticed that I am a tad obsessed with chocolate covered pretzels.  They were the first “recipe” I ever made many, many years ago.  They quickly became my go-to treat for nearly every holiday.

Decorated with sprinkles, nuts, chocolate chips, or caramel, the unique possibilities and variations of chocolate covered pretzels are endless!  Let your creative juices flow.

They’re easy, quick, and pack a HUGE sweet/salty punch. :)

I’m bringing you my latest little pretzel treats, Pretzel Hugs.

Are these not the cutest things you’ve ever seen?  Not only are they adorable, they are SO easy!

Stick a hershey kisses hug on top of a square pretzel. Melt for 3 minutes. Press an M&M on top.

Done!

These treats literally take less than 5 minutes.  Melt, press, eat.

For Christmas, I’m going to use red and green M&Ms.

For my birthday? PINK!

I simply adore these.

Pretzel Hugs

• Circle or square-shaped pretzels
  • Hershey ‘s Kisses Hugs
  • M&Ms

Preheat oven to 250F degrees.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.  Align pretzels on the sheet. Unwrap Hugs and place one on each pretzel.  Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down (mine took about 4 minutes; it depends on your oven).

While the Hugs are melting in the oven, get your M&Ms ready because you will have to move quickly once they are out of the oven.

Remove pretzel hugs from oven and gently press an M&M down on each one. The Hug should flatten out when you press the M&M on it.  If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.

Let the pretzel hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.  Enjoy!

© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Chocolate & pretzel obsessed? Me too. ;)

Loaded Caramel Dipped Pretzel Rods

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownies

11 Responses to “Pretzel Hugs.”

Georgia | The Comfort of Cookingposted March 13, 2012 at 11:25 am

Sally, these are so cute! Lovely little recipe, and I bet these were so delicious. There’s nothing I love more than the combination of sweet & salty. Yummm!

Baking Serendipityposted March 13, 2012 at 8:32 pm

This is one of my favorites :) The green makes them a perfect St. Patty’s Day treat!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted March 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm

YUM! I could eat the whole batch of these. They are so pretty too!

myfangaliciousposted April 3, 2012 at 3:28 am

I love how simple the recipes are here and how cute everything looks. Love your blog!

• Sallyreplied on April 3rd, 2012 at 5:44 am

thanks so much! i gravitate towards “simple” recipes :)

Kathyposted August 20, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Can you give us an idea of the size pretzels you use for dipping, like those with the pink and red sprinkles in the post? Thanks.

Areshaposted December 9, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Forgot to tell you about these! I made them on Halloween for myself (no way I was giving them to the superheroes and princesses outside). I used dark chocolate kisses and peanut butter m&m’s… they were beyond perfect. Possibly the most satisfying thing I’ve ever made in so little time!

• Sallyreplied on December 9th, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Woohoo!! So glad to hear that Aresha. These are quite possible the easiest little treats and they are just so darn tasty. I can’t stop eating them when a bowl is right in front of me. I love your idea – I may have to try that. Because I simply adore chocolate and peanut butter (and pretzels!) together! Thank you for reporting back :)

Kiraposted September 5, 2013 at 2:49 pm

LOVE these!! Would they be able to be mad in advance? I have a girly get together next saturday and kinda wanna get things done sooner than later…would they go stale?

• Sallyreplied on September 5th, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Hey Kira! Nope, they won’t go stale. Keep in the refrigerator until then. Hope you and your friends enjoy. Girls nights are the best.