Cake Batter Blondies.

If you like the taste of cake batter, you will love these blondies. No mixer, 1 bowl, 30 minutes.

These “reader favorite” blondies will change your life.

1 bowl. No mixer. You don’t need any baking experience.  You don’t need much time at all. 5 minutes to stir the batter, 25-30 minutes to bake, allow to cool and dig in. If you can stir ingredients in a bowl, you can make these blondies.

Dense, buttery, cake batter, sprinkles, and white chocolate. All in one little blondie.

Cake Batter BlondiesI’ve probably made them over two dozen times since I came across the recipe 6 months ago. Yes, they are that good. I make them for every occasion. Everyone always wants a cake batter blondie. Or two, or three, or four. You get the point. The ease of this recipe can be our little secret.

Don’t like to use cake mix? Try my Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes instead.

If you’re anything like me, then you love the taste of cake batter. Now you can have that exact taste in a bake blondie. Yes, your funfetti cake batter dreams have come true.

Who can resist all these sprinkles?

Cake Batter Blondies

Yield: 20 blondies

Makes 20 blondies. Blondies remain fresh up to 1 week stored covered at room temperature.

• 1 box yellow or vanilla cake mix
  • 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 -1/2 cup milk (less is better)
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.  Spray 11x7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
  2. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible. Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.  Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown.
  3. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
  4. Make ahead tip: Blondies remain fresh up to 2 weeks stored covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Blondies freeze well, up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.

The blondies will look like they are not fully done because the center will be quite gooey, but that’s what you want! After about 30 minutes of cooling, they will be easy to cut using a serrated knife.

Do not use black sprinkles swirled into the blondies. It will turn the batter black before baking.

Recipe from Gracie @ Girl Meets Life

Need more funfetti in your life?

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

XXL Buttery Soft Sugar Cookie (no cake mix)

Giant Funfetti Sugar Cookie

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies - take what you love about chocolate chip cookies and funfetti cake batter and combine them in this magazine-featured cookies. Recipe @ _

Soft-Baked Funfetti Sugar Cookies (no cake mix)

Funfetti Sugar Cookies

Funfetti Golden Oreo Fudge (no cake mix)

Funfetti Golden Oreo Fudge

See more recipes with sprinkles. :)

Cake Batter Blondies by Sally's Baking Addiction

204 Responses to “Cake Batter Blondies.”

Laurenposted June 25, 2015 at 8:34 pm

I bought a vat of multi colored sprinkles but they have brown sprinkles in them – I know you said not to use black because it will change the batter color….will the brown ones do the same or no?

Thanks!! Lauren

• Sallyreplied on June 26th, 2015 at 6:56 am

Brown is OK! Just avoid black. Enjoy, Lauren!

Ashleyposted June 26, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Just wanted to provide my feedback, i’m making these for my baby shower so I thought I’d modify the recipe with pink velvet cake mix to make them pink instead of white, they turned out really cute and sooo yummy. Thought i’d pass that idea on if someone else makes these for a shower. The different color makes it fun.
    My only complaint is I wish it made more or i should of done two batches because they’re soo good. I have a feeling none will be left over lol

Dawnposted June 29, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Love this recipe! Quick, easy and so few ingredients! I now use cake mix with sprinkles already in it, add a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter and peanut butter chips. My kids LOVE them. I still use the original recipe and have tried different cake flavors (lemon is yummy). Thank you for this great recipe, it is this busy moms go to treat.

CBposted July 18, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Made this recipe from Pinterest to take to a BBQ at a friends today. Followed the directions to a T even used the 7 x 11 pan. They responded just like the recipe said, however when I cut them up into squares to put on the plate the bottom and middle was still raw. Put back in the oven but won’t be able to safe them to take to BBQ because they don’t look pretty. I’m sure my husband will eat them though. Was bummed. Don’t know what went wrong. Maybe it was the altitude, we live in the mountains at 7,000 + feet.

Mayaposted July 22, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Would it work to bake these in a round cake pan?

• Sallyreplied on July 22nd, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Definitely! Enjoy.

Rachelposted July 22, 2015 at 4:49 pm

I am very excited to try this recipe!! One problem… I bought butter yellow rather than yellow cake mix. Can I use the butter yellow for this recipe?

Thanks in advance!

• Sallyreplied on July 22nd, 2015 at 7:04 pm

That’s fine!

Jessicaposted July 25, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Is there any reason not to use Funfetti cake mix instead of adding the actual sprinkles? I tried this recipe a few weeks ago and it seemed good but I am curious if you specifically put to use sprinkles with a cake mix and not the funfetti? I have a batch in the oven as I type this – I have doubled the quantity and I am using one funfetti + 1 french vanilla cake mix w/ some added vanilla extract.

• Jessicareplied on July 25th, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Oh and I also cannot find white chocolate chips in China :( so making without.

• Sallyreplied on July 25th, 2015 at 1:10 pm

You can use any flavor cake mix! And you can leave out the white chips.

kareshaposted August 8, 2015 at 5:57 pm

I made these twice. Once exatly like you posted and the second time using butterscotch chips, m&m’s, biscoff cookies(didn’t have sprinkles or white chocolate chips) and swirled in some cookie butter. They were awesome both times. Thanks for this great recipe!

Leahposted September 1, 2015 at 7:19 pm

How would you use your cupcake recipe instead of the cake mix? I would like to go this route but am not sure what ingredients would still be added to the cupcake recipe. Thanks!

Beckyposted September 13, 2015 at 7:20 am

Just made my 2nd batch in 4 days- and it’s just me and my husband!  (However, I’m pregnant and this sure hit the spot).  :)  I tried the 2nd batch with Duncan Hines’ Pink Velvet Cake and it was also delicious! Am now thinking of using all sorts of cake mix flavors……thanks so much!

A. Barnesposted September 21, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for the recipe!  They look great, and I have all the ingredients on hand.  I’m curious, though.  I know you said there is no frosting on them, but the tops look white in the picture, almost like there’s a glaze.  Did you use white cake mix, and it just stayed white or what?  Going to try these tomorrow!  :)

• Angelreplied on September 22nd, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Never mind!  I just made these today, and I see that the batter turns into that thin little translucent white layer on the top!  Can’t wait to try them, but they’re still too hot to cut.  Thanks for the recipe!

Kateposted September 27, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Hi Sally! I LOVE your blog! Would these turn out the same with the pillsbury sugar free yellow cake mix? I really want to make these and if I can keep them diabetic friendly that is always a plus! Thanks!

Lindsayposted October 3, 2015 at 3:37 pm

I only have a 13×9 pan and an 8×8 pan. Which would be better?

• Sallyreplied on October 3rd, 2015 at 6:03 pm

8×8. Bake time will be a little longer– maybe 35 minutes.

Debbieposted October 4, 2015 at 9:03 am

Will it work well with Pillsbury Pumpkin Cake Mix?  If so, do you think it would work better with chocolate chips or white chocolate chips?