Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies.

Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondiesoreo cake batter blondie-8You’ve seen the original.  And today, I bring you a cookies n’ cream, Golden Oreo version of my cake batter blondies. Sweet vanilla Oreos chopped up and smothered all over the original cake batter blondies. Dare I say I may even like these better than the original version? 😉

The vanilla Oreo wafers crushed & chopped up pair wonderfully with the gooey buttery yellow cake mix.  The best bites are the ones with the sweet Oreo cream filling chunks, though.  I bought double stuffed Golden Oreos because well…. the cream is just the best part.

What is so awesomely amazing about these and the original cake batter blondies is that it is hardly a recipe.  A non-recipe recipe, if you will.

1 box of yellow cake, oil, a splash of milk, 1 egg, sprinkles, & white chocolate chips.  Today’s Golden Oreo version?  Just throw in a ton of crushed Golden Oreos instead of white chocolate chips (or add both!).  There. You’re done.  30 minutes later and you’ll be in golden-oreo-goodness-cake-batter-heaven. Bonus!  You can make these blondies in only 1 bowl.  Because who actually likes to do the dishes?!

You’re going to adore these. :)

Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies

Yield: 24 blondies

• 1 box yellow cake mix (18.25 oz, like Duncan Hines)
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 -1/2 cup milk (less is better for a dense texture)
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles
  • 1 and 1/2 cups chopped Golden Oreos (reserve a handful to sprinkle on top)

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 11x7 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.

Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want the cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible. Fold in the chopped Golden Oreo pieces and sprinkles.

Pour into prepared baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles and crushed Oreos on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.

If you like cake batter flavored goodies as much as I do, here are a few more recipes that you may enjoy. :)

Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge

cake batter fudge

Cake Batter Sugar Cookies (without cake mix)

Cake Batter Sugar Cookies-8

Cake Batter Blondies (original recipe)

Cake Batter Blondies

Mini Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns (no yeast)

Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns-8

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sallys Baking Addiction-15

Cupcake Puppy Chow (without cake mix)

Cupcake Puppy Chow-7

112 Responses to “Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies.”

Steph N.posted October 5, 2013 at 1:31 am

Making these tomorrow so I wanted to read your addvice and boy am I excited they dont call for a full box (I’ll use extra) but get to end my night in a few spare Oreos tonight! Thanks for all your beautiful work! My guests truly appritiate it too I’m sure :)

• Sallyreplied on October 5th, 2013 at 8:46 am

It’s always fun to munch on the extra Oreos that this recipe doesn’t use. Kevin (my fiance) always goes for the stash of them. I hope everyone just loves these blondies!

Jessposted October 17, 2013 at 7:36 pm

You are hands down my favorite baking blogger out there (and I follow a LOT of blogs). Everything I make from your site gets rave reviews. I bought cake batter oreos and wanted a blondies recipe for them so of course I go to your site and OF COURSE you have the perfect recipe. I can’t wait for your cookbook to come out – please let me know if you are doing a book signing in the NYC area!!!

• Sallyreplied on October 17th, 2013 at 8:36 pm

That is too funny. I had the exact recipe you were looking for! I hope you enjoy these blondies. And thank you for your excitement about my cookbook! That means a lot to me. I’ll keep the blog updated with book signings and such. =)

Megposted January 2, 2014 at 12:22 pm

THESE are one of my all time favorite things to eat! Everybody I’ve ever made them for LOVES them! My cousin probably ate the entire batch in 1.5 days.
    I am a strictly scratch baker…but I can’t resist having to utilize some box mix for cake batter flavouring. Cake batter flavoured things are the best!

• Sallyreplied on January 2nd, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I 100% agree – cake batter things are the best! (obviously!)

alex walkerposted January 17, 2014 at 6:55 am

Can i use white cake mix instead of yellow cake mix ,i don’t wanna make a store trip? :) 😉

• Sallyreplied on January 17th, 2014 at 6:56 am

White cake mix would be just fine. Enjoy!

Shoukposted January 27, 2014 at 6:21 pm

WOW!These look FABULOUS!they would be perfect with some valentines day pink and red sprinkles I recently got from target!do you think I could half the recipe though to get a smaller batch?!if so could I maybe use an 8X8 pan?!

• Sallyreplied on January 27th, 2014 at 7:10 pm

You wouldn’t even need to halve the recipe for a 8×8 pan. I’ve baked them in an 8×8 pan without any problem. Though they do take a few minutes longer in the oven. Enjoy!

miss directionposted February 6, 2014 at 6:26 am

can i use vegetable oil instead of canola oil ????? :) making these
    for a family gathering

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2014 at 7:48 am

Baileyposted February 7, 2014 at 5:49 am

would these taste good with regular oreos?

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am

I’m sure, yes.

Pippaposted May 24, 2014 at 10:05 am

How much cake mix does one box contain? Each box/packet of cake mix here in the UK seems to contain a different amount.
    I adore your blog btw, and your recipes have got me out of a baking rut.

• Sallyreplied on May 25th, 2014 at 8:03 am

About 15-16 ounces. Though this recipe would be fine with anywhere from 15-18 ounces.

• Pippareplied on May 25th, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Thank you!

Stellaposted August 19, 2014 at 8:38 am

We love these! Fortunately, they are so easy to make. I do have one question, they sink in the middle for me. I think it is more pronounced because it is in a 7×11, but does anyone know if this can be helped? My oven temp has been tested to be correct. Of course, no matter, they TASTE AMAZING, (thank you SALLY!). but I was just curious. I googled it to no avail.

• Sallyreplied on August 19th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

How about trying a 9×9 square baking pan? The edges are always a little higher for me, no matter which size pan I use.

Nicoletteposted September 20, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say I just made a batch of your Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. We were invited to a friends house for a cookout and my daughter picked them out for dessert to make off of a site we came across for 7 Desserts to Bring to A BBQ. They smell delicious and I have no doubt they will be gone. I told my husband I will take what is left over to church tomorrow for snacks, but with the way they smell, I don’t know there will be any.