No-Bake Golden Oreo Truffles.

Sweet, chocolate covered Oreo Truffles. Everyone loves these and they are so easy to make!

Oreo Truffles! These are so simple to make and you only need a few ingredients. Kids love them!

Every Christmas, my good friend Amy and I get together to make one of our favorite chocolatey treats, Oreo Truffle Balls.  Have you ever had them before?

They are essentially the easiest recipe I’ve ever made – all it takes is some crushed up Oreos, a block of cream cheese, and dipping chocolate to coat them.  I like to throw them on a dessert plate with other goodies at Christmas time.  They are ALWAYS the first treat to go! But with Christmas at the other end of the year and Santa no where in sight, I am left truffle-hungry.  Until today. I think I found my new drug favorite no-bake treat: GOLDEN Oreo Truffles.

Golden Oreos are my favorite kind. Many may not agree, but I prefer them over their chocolate cousin.  Golden Oreos are the same Oreos I used for my Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. They are the epitome of vanilla yumminess. I like to smear peanut butter all over them while I’m curled up on the couch reading gossip magazines – now that’s pure happiness right there.

Truffle

Golden Oreo Truffles - only 4 easy ingredients!

What I love most about Oreo Truffles that the ingredient list is SO short.  Three ingredients! That’s it.

These no-bake, no-fuss, EASY truffles will be your new favorite way to consume calories, I can guarantee.  And no need to waste your money on groumet truffles, because these babies will honestly WOW any crowd.  Perfect for a quick dessert to bring to any party, potluck, or to make as a yummy treat for yourself. :)

Oh, and since I add sprinkles to EVERYTHING these days, I knew today’s truffles would not be complete without a heavy dose of those colorful little buggers.

PrintPrint SaveSave

Golden Oreo Truffles

For these no bake truffles, pulverized Golden Oreos are combined with cream cheese and formed into balls before being dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles.

Yield: 35 1-inch truffles

Total Time: 1 hour, plus cooling

Ingredients:

• 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package Golden Oreos or Regular Oreos
  • 12 ounces high quality white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
  • sprinkles

Directions:

Process the Oreos (the entire cookies, filling and cookie) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.

Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.  You may do this step by hand, but I find using a mixer is much easier.

Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on two large plates, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat-lined bake sheet. Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes. (Freezing the balls is the most important step of this recipe. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.)

Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt according to package directions. Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate. Here's how I coat truffles: drop the truffle in the middle of the melted chocolate. Swirl the chocolate all around it with a fork. Pick up the truffle with a fork - do not pierce it, simply pick it up on top of the fork's prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.

Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.

See all of my white chocolate recipes.

131 Responses to “No-Bake Golden Oreo Truffles.”

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted June 8, 2012 at 2:43 pm

They look insanely good. And no bake. Sprinkles. And Golden Oreos (love!) Now you just have to add some cake batter to make it a true Sally special :)

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Haha a sally special.. that’s very true. Thanks Averie!

Cassieposted June 8, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I haven’t had any golden oreo’s yet. Love the looks of these!!

Back For Secondsposted June 8, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Too funny! My friend Amy introduced me to golden oreo truffles. She calls them orgasm balls…. They are awesome! I am always shocked when I love something not chocolate, but these really are SO good. Gotta love an easy no bake recipe too ;)
    And, duh, the sprinkles make them super pretty and very Sally-esque!

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Orgasm balls! lol that’s hysterical. I like these truffles better than the ones with regular oreos!

Sasha @ The Procrastobakerposted June 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Ive been planning for weeks to try the normal oreo truffles and these have convinced me that is what my next baking project will be! If i could get my hands on some golden oreos easily here in the UK I might well have tried them instead after your drool-worthy write up :)

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hi Sasha! I hope you make them… even the ones with the regular Oreos are amazing!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted June 8, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I absolutely love golden Oreos. Totally my fav. These truffles rock.

Julie @ Table for Twoposted June 8, 2012 at 9:30 pm

wow these look insane and dangerous. i would be popping these in my mouth constantly! i love the bright colors on this! sprinkles are so fun :)

Reeniposted June 8, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Can you believe I haven’t had an oreo of any kind in about 6 years? Yep. It’s true. I gave up a lot of packaged junk food and fast food because I wasn’t feeling well and that’s pretty much all I ate. But I do LOVE them! And if you put one (or five) in front of me now I would make them disappear in the blink of an eye.

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

No I can’t believe that! I couldn’t live without Golden Oreos Reeni! Such strong willpower you have :)

TastefullyJulieposted June 8, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Omg this is genius! Those Christmas oreo balls are my favorite but these look even better. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Thank you Julie! I actually like these golden oreo truffles better than the original :)

Hayleyposted June 8, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Um, these are BEAUTIFUL!! Love the simplicity of crushing up some fab golden oreos and mixing them into beautiful, delicious truffles. Also, it bears repeating: you’re my fave since you clearly love non-pareils as much as I do. Sigh, we were meant to be :)

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted June 9, 2012 at 5:50 am

Golden Oreos are the bomb diggety!!! And in a truffle Sally-ized with sprinkles? Way too awesome!

Starposted June 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm

OMG!
    I had the chocolate ones at Christmas time, for the very first time!
    And they were to die for, esp. since they were dipped in dark chocolate, my absolute favorite!
    I ate 12 in one day…
    I kept saying, just one more, just one more… LOL
    I’ll have to try these too…
    Thanks for sharing!

Erika - The Teenage Tasteposted June 9, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Confession: I have never had a Golden Oreo!
    Since I’m a self-proclaimed Oreo lover, I need to get on that! Oreo truffles are the bomb!

Natalie @ Confetti Diariesposted June 10, 2012 at 7:20 pm

These look really delicious and easy. What a fun dessert to add to a birthday table. And they even use one of my favorite treats – Oreos!

• Sallyreplied on June 11th, 2012 at 9:51 am

thanks Natalie! They would be perfect for a birthday dessert – or any holiday using different colored sprinkles! I love Oreos too.

Rhondaposted June 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

These look delicious! We are not fans of white chocolate, do you think they would be as good dipped in chocolate? Has anyone tried it this way?

• Sallyreplied on June 11th, 2012 at 9:48 am

Regular chocolate would be just as yummy! I have never tried it that way. I have used regular oreos in this recipe dipped in regular chocolate, but never golden oreos.

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuikposted June 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I have made these before and they are fabulous! I added lemon zest to mine, try it – it’s amazing! (http://blog.candiquik.com/?p=2104)

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Sarah! You are a genius – I would have NEVER thought to add lemon zest. Will do that next time for sure. Thank you!

Michelleposted June 20, 2012 at 2:07 am

These I will try! I haven’t had too much luck with cake balls but these truffles look amazingly tasty and I just got hooked on those golden oreos. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday

Joanne Mackewiczposted June 29, 2012 at 5:57 pm

So, I love these too! I make these with a twist too! I add 1 tsp of almond extract and some coconut to the cookies and cream cheese, to make a macaroon type truffle, then top the chocolate with a little extra toasted coconut! They’re amazing. And try some mint extract in the chocolate oreo version, for a scrumptious mint truffle!

• Sallyreplied on July 1st, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Joanne, that sounds INCREDIBLE! U must remake those… macaroon truffles. They sound too good to be true. I might make them very soon :) Thanks Joanne!

Jayneposted July 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Going to make these using the limited edition Creamsicle Oreos I found today. What says summer better than Creamsicle? Thanks for your awesome recipes!

• Sallyreplied on July 8th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Jayne- that sounds incredible! I have never seen those oreos before, but I’m VERY intrigued. They sound great! And yes, very summery!

Alexisposted July 16, 2012 at 11:56 am

I saw your recipe for these in your no-bake post; it looked so fun and easy, I had to make them! They were amazing! I think I made the balls too big, because I ran out of the baking bars; I used some melted white chocolate chips when my bars ran out, and I also used a little half-and-half to make the chocolate easier to dip and spread. So delicious! I brought them to a party this weekend, and my friend ate one (without knowing I’d made them) and said, “This is probably the worst thing I’ve ever eaten!” His father-in-law, standing nearby, said, “Oh, really, it doesn’t taste good?” My friend responded, “No, it’s delicious–I just think I’ll probably have a heart attack if I have another one!” But, I used light cream cheese, so hopefully they don’t induce too many coronaries! Thanks for sharing!

• Sallyreplied on July 16th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Haha I love it Alexis! So glad you and the party goer’s loved them. The reduced fat CC makes them a tad lighter on the hips… I should’ve tried that ;)

Elizabethposted July 25, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Is it bad that I like golden oreos better than the regular ones?

• Sallyreplied on July 26th, 2012 at 6:24 am

Not bad at all.. I prefer the Golden ones over chocolate Oreos, too!

Alexisposted August 4, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I just have to say how well these guys hold up! I made a batch about three weeks ago, and have stored them in the fridge; I have a couple left, and ate one yesterday–still delicious! These are a great item if you want them to last, but they are so delicious, they probably won’t stick around for too long unless you create a secret stash in the fridge!

• Sallyreplied on August 6th, 2012 at 6:23 am

Alexis – you have will power for letting them last that long in your fridge!! Good to know they can stay good for so long. I’m so glad you enjoyed them. They are undoubtedly one of my favorite no-bake EASY recipes!

Lorraineposted October 3, 2012 at 7:54 am

Is there any substitutes for the cream cheese? ‘Cause unfortunately, it’s kinda hard to get my hands on some. :( But that isn’t going to stop me from trying to make these truffles! They look so lip-smackingly delicious, I got hungry before I even scrolled to the bottom of this page! :))

• Sallyreplied on October 3rd, 2012 at 8:19 am

Hi Lorraine! Cream cheese is readily available in all grocery stores and convenience stores, I hope you’re able to get some! Unforunately, there is no substitute in this truffle recipe for it. I’m glad you think they look good!

• Lorrainereplied on October 3rd, 2012 at 9:51 am

Aww. Alright :) Thanks! Can’t wait to try them :D

Brittanyposted October 8, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I’m making these right now with the Halloween Oreos and regular chocolate instead of white. I was wondering if this would work with peanutbutter cookies? Or does it need the Oreo filling? Because I would love a peanutbutter cookie based recipe like this.

• Sallyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Hi BRittany! I love your idea for using Nutter Butters instead! Those are the only PB cookies I would suggest using. I am now pondering the thought os a new peanut butter truffle recupe :) Thanks Brittany!

• Brittanyreplied on October 8th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I think I might give that a try tomorrow! My Oreo truffles are already almost gone. Thanks!!

• Kimreplied on October 24th, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Think about making these for a Christmas party, but instead of the colored sprinkles, I would use the colored sugars to make them look like little ball ornaments!

• Sallyreplied on October 24th, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hi Kim! I love love love that idea! So creative. Maybe stick lollipop sticks in them too! :)

Caleyposted October 31, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I just saw that Walmart has gingerbread Oreos this season (through Christmas?)…I think they would be wonderful in this recipe! :)

• Sallyreplied on October 31st, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I saw gingerbread oreos at the store too! I didn’t buy any but now that you mention using them for THIS recipe – I can’t stop thinking about it!!! :)

Kelseyposted November 7, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Hi Sally!
    I’ve tried this recipe twice now, and while they both went over well enough, I can’t seem to get to the dipping part without making a mess. I melted my Baker’s white chocolate by the double boiling method, with a smaller pot in a bigger pot of water, but had a short period of time to work with before the white chocolate began to solidify. I used a pair of tongs for the dipping, but that more or less left marks/dents on the balls. Do you have any suggestions on the heat level for melting, or the utensils you used for dipping so that the coating is pretty and not chunky?
    Thank you so much!
    Kelsey

• Sallyreplied on November 7th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Hi Kelsey! As the chocolate hardens when you are dipping, try zapping it in the microwave for 10 seconds or so to get it back to a smooth and melted consistency. As I was dipping, I had to reheat the rest of the white chocolate one or two times since it hardened as I worked dipping them. I actually used a fork to dip them. I stuck a fork on one side of the truffle and dunked it in. Them I slid the truffle off the fork and filled the little holes from the fork tongs with more chocolate using a spoon. covering any messy parts with sprinkles helped me as well! I hope this helps Kelsey. Thank you!

• Melissareplied on December 24th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I was having trouble keeping the white chocolate coating “pretty” too. Came up with this method which worked well for me: stick the tip of a chopstick into the frozen ball just enough to hold it there, spin the ball in the white chocolate to cover everything, then hold the chopstick vertically with the ball at the top and use the tines of a fork to lift the ball off the chopstick and set on your parchment paper. It keeps the smooth chocolate shell untouched, with only the bottom of the ball (which is hidden anyways) with any marks. Making these again today and will be using this easy method!

• Sallyreplied on December 25th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

That’s a great method! I did that method with my cookie dough truffle pops. it does work well! Thanks for reporting back Melissa!

Gloomybearposted November 14, 2012 at 9:33 am

Haven’t seen golden Oreos on British shores yet, but I made these with a brand of crunchy butter cookies. First try, I accidentally bought milk chocolate but it was no cause for complaint. OMG, sex on a plate.

Second batch got an unhealthy dose of crunchy peanut butter added. Perhaps not enough cream cheese (I just guessed the amount), but still so yummy – tasted like a sour cream p/b fudge. Google blessed my tastebuds the day it landed me on your site, thanks!

• Sallyreplied on November 14th, 2012 at 11:51 am

crunchy butter cookies sounds like a fabulous substitution! And adding crunchy pb to the mix sounds HEAVENLY. I’m so glad you gound my site and are finding treats you love! Let me know what else you make :)

AlminaDposted December 5, 2012 at 10:37 pm

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try these out! :)

• Sallyreplied on December 6th, 2012 at 6:10 am

Thank you! Let me know how they turn out – I am actually making them this weekend!

Catalinaposted December 16, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Sounds divine! In Chile we don’t usually use cream cheese to bind things together, ee use “manjar” or “dulce de leche” instead of cream cheese. When I travelled to the States I was feeling like dying since there wasn’t any MANJAR!!! I love it since i was a baby and here it’s sold everywhere and there are many different brands. You should try makin cake pops with cake and dulce de leche… Out of this world!! Greetings from Chile!!

• Sallyreplied on December 16th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Cake pops with cake and dulce de leche – WOW!! What a great suggestion Catalina! And greetings again from the US! ;)

Catherineposted December 23, 2012 at 4:16 am

Delightful recipe here! I was just wondering how much 4.5 cups weighed as they sell golden Oreos in 145g packs here. Thanks for your help!

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2012 at 7:02 am

Hi Catherine! Unfortunately, I do not know how much 4.5 cups weighs – I did not use a food scale for this recipe. I did use less than one American size package though.

Nicolaposted January 15, 2013 at 8:36 am

i reeeeeally want to try this recipe – it looks divine! unfortunately we dont seem to have golden oreos in UK :( until then i will just keep drooling over the gorgeous pics! xx

Stacyposted January 24, 2013 at 10:04 am

I was wondering if you could put a cake pop stick in them and then dip them?

• Sallyreplied on January 24th, 2013 at 10:06 am

Hey Stacy! Yes, a cake pop stick will work.

nivlagmposted February 18, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Made these last week. The standard Oreo Truffle is ALWAYS a hit so are Mint Oreo Truffles — these followed suit. Just like everything I’ve made from your blog so far. Thanks so much.

Faithposted February 19, 2013 at 11:33 am

I made these for a New Years Eve party and I heard someone describe them as “creamy goodness”; and I just made them for my roommates and I, and they were gone within 36 hours. These are definitely a favorite AND a new recipe staple for me!

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

creamy goodness – that’s exactly how I would describe them too. They are so full of creamy vanilla flavor and white chocolate. And the sprinkles! Love it all. I’m glad these are a new staple for ya! Thanks for letting me know, Faith. =)

Amandaposted February 27, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I absolutely hate the taste of cream cheese. I always have and can always tell when it is used in a recipe. Do you have any suggestions for a substitute ingredient? I would love to try these!

• Sallyreplied on February 28th, 2013 at 8:45 am

Hey Amanda, with only 3 ingredients in the recipe (not including sprinkles), the cream cheese is quite important. Unfortunately I can think of no other option. Mixed with ground up Oreos, the filling doesn’t taste “cream cheesy” at all though.

• Barbarareplied on December 16th, 2013 at 8:22 am

Just wondering if canned frosting could work as a binder for someone who does not like cream cheese???

• Sallyreplied on December 16th, 2013 at 8:38 am

Hi Barbara – that’s actually a great idea! I don’t like canned frosting, so that’s probably why I didn’t consider it. Thanks for chiming in!

• Barbarareplied on December 16th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Of course you are right about canned frosting! Maybe I should have suggested homemade :)

Lucyposted March 3, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Love the simplicity of this recipe! I got even lazier and decided to make them in bar form (pressed into a 8×8 pan with the melted chocolate spread on top). I don’t expect them to last long at work tomorrow. :)

• Sallyreplied on March 3rd, 2013 at 7:38 pm

WHOA. I need to try these in bar form!!!! Lucy, honestly thank you so much for reporting back and telling me you did that – now I must try it! :)

Rachelposted April 11, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I just made this today and it was delicious, but I forgot to let it sit until room temperature, so the chips melted and it was a little more chocolately than planned!

• Sallyreplied on April 11th, 2013 at 9:18 pm

A little more chocolatey than planned sounds ok to me.. ;) Thanks Rachel!

Emilyposted April 18, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I just made these for my boyfriend and they were AMAZING. He has 2 roommates so I doubt there will be any left by tomorrow. Thanks for the easy, tasty recipe Sally!

• Sallyreplied on April 18th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Yay! These are a favorite recipe and so, so easy too! Thanks for reporting back, Emily!

Janene @ The Bestest Everposted May 9, 2013 at 2:09 am

Got a kids party coming up this weekend and definitely want to give this a try, especially since I’m on a Oreo binge. I am pretty sure the kids when they see this will be in “ooooooh, ahhhhhhh” mode before they gobble them up lol

• Sallyreplied on May 9th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

mmm I love these truffles. I just made them again recently, too. They are popular with kiddos!

Aaliyahposted May 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm

OMG i have been looking for a recipe like this for days now! ANd i came on this blog and i finally found the recipe that I need :) I’m so glad i came here and the recipe is awesome. this tastes great! So goooood!! LOVE IT!!! LOOL :) :D I recommend this recipe for people who r looking for a good idea to do when they r making cake pops or truffles. im usin this recipe for cake pops and its for a bridal shower… Let me say that everyone LOVED it! <3 <3 I'm looking forward for more recipes :)

• Sallyreplied on May 24th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

So glad everyone loved them and that you did too! These are the best truffles and they are just so easy! Thanks Aaliyah!

Haleyposted June 1, 2013 at 9:09 pm

My boyfriend has a ridiculous obsession with golden Oreos, so I’ve been hunting around for a recipe involving them that I could make for his birthday – this one is absolutely beyond perfect! If I can find some, I plan on using heart-shaped sprinkles just to add a little something extra. I can only hope that mine turn out as beautiful as yours did…fingers crossed! :)

Judyposted June 23, 2013 at 9:39 am

I was just talking to my husband yesterday about making these with the lemon Oreos that are out for the summer, and then sprinkling a little bit of finely shredded coconut on top.

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2013 at 9:54 am

Lemon Oreos? I need to get my hands on those Judy! They would be amazing with coconut!

Christineposted June 23, 2013 at 9:40 am

These are fantastic with the gingerbread oreos also, great holiday treat. I have also used strawberry cream cheese with golden oreos and dipped in white chocolate – strawberry shortcake heaven

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2013 at 9:53 am

I have to try them with gingerbread oreos and strawberry CC with golden oreos – wonderful!

Sarah L.posted June 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Can you make these with double stuffed Oreos or would they be too soft?

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Hi Sarah! You sure can – the extra filling won’t really have an effect on the texture.

Alexisposted June 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Hey Sally! I absolutely love these truffles!! But I was wondering how you get them covered in chocolate so smoothly? When I did it, they were a little lumpy and uneven! Any tips?
    Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2013 at 5:33 am

Hey Alexis! I roll the balls to be very very smooth. And then freeze them. They are easier to dip in chocolate that way.

Zuzuposted June 25, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I am in the process of making these! Soooo excited. I was only able to roll out 36 balls though :( and they do seem small so I don’t know what went wrong ;( hopefully they still taste ok and the cookie/cream cheese ratio isn’t off!

• Sallyreplied on June 25th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Hi Zuzu- you’re fine. I get anywhere from 40-48 balls when I make them.

Laura@bakinginpyjamasposted July 2, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I made this recipe and have posted it on my own blog. I’d love for you to stop by and check it out.
    Best wishes,
    Laura

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Can’t wait to see them! Thanks Laura!

Kristenposted July 5, 2013 at 3:10 am

Made the golden Oreo truffles today for a 4th of July BBQ, and everyone LOVED them! There’s not a single one left. I used the golden Oreos special edition birthday cake flavored creme filling, which was amazing! Topped them off with lots of red/white/blue sprinkles. Thank you so much for the delicious recipe!!!

• Sallyreplied on July 5th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I have to try these with the birthday cake Oreos, Kristen! Thanks for reporting back to me.

naidaposted July 5, 2013 at 5:41 am

Hey sally I really really love oreo’s and I’m extremely excited to make these truffles sometime but I just wanted to know if I could substitute the cream cheese with a frosting like the cake pops? Totally love your blog its been my addiction for weeks now hehe thanks

• Sallyreplied on July 5th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Hi Naida – I fear that the truffles will not hold up properly. Crushed Oreos are much different in structure than cake is. I would stick with cream cheese. They do not taste “cream cheesy” at all to me.

Ellenposted July 26, 2013 at 9:25 am

Hi! :)

If I want to bring these for someone the next day, do I leave it in the freezer or the refrigerator?

• Sallyreplied on July 26th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Yes, keep chilled. Enjoy!

Angelaposted August 3, 2013 at 3:40 am

Hi!! These truffles really inspired me to make some and sell them! I’m still studying and marketing these little babies would hopefully help me with my expenses. I do hope you have more truffle and no-bake recipes to come!! Love all your creations. Keep ‘em coming! Xoxo

• Sallyreplied on August 3rd, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Angela, I’m so glad you liked these!

carlaposted August 15, 2013 at 2:02 am

Hi there !
    I have no oven and a kids birthday coming up – they look so yuumy. I was wondering how long they would look and taste good left out of the fridge ? We don’t have golden oreos here in the sticks of rural australia so I am going to use plain oreos but dip them in white chocolate.
    Thanks for the recipe !

• Sallyreplied on August 15th, 2013 at 11:07 am

Hi Carla – only a couple hours out of the fridge. The chocolate will melt otherwise.

Jennyposted November 19, 2013 at 9:48 am

Hi, I’m frm Singapore and the Oreo truffles looked sooo adorable!! I’m gonna try this out this weekend. Can I know if u chopped up the Oreos including the Oreo cream or just the dry cookie part?

Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on November 19th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Use the entire Oreo. Cream and cookie.

Rachelposted November 19, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Thanks so much for the recipe! I made these last night and they turned out wonderful. Wish I could attach the picture- I used orange & yellow sprinkles for fall. :)

N.Kaeeeposted January 21, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hi! Uhm… I was wondering… Does it make 48 balls or 40 balls…? Cause im planning to make this for all my friends for Valentines this year, and i wanna know the right amount of ingredients i need.

I love your recipes btw. Ive tried making your frozen peanut butter reese pie, the cookie dough fudge as well. They were both awesome!

• N.Kaedereplied on January 21st, 2014 at 11:28 am

Oh, i forgot to ask! Do these need to be kept refrigerated after frozed?

• Sallyreplied on January 21st, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Hi there! The recipe makes between 42-48 actually. You need to keep them in the refrigerator after they’re made. You’ve chosen some great recipes to make so far! I love that frozen reese’s pie.

Mirraposted February 5, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I made these a couple of days ago. They are so addicting which is why I am glad that I only made 12. They’re sweet, but not teeth dancing sweet. I used the Birthday Cake Golden Oreo cookies and added a little vanilla to the mixture. I melted white chocolate chips for the coating.(it was easier). Out of this world good. These are my new fav treats and I will be making them again. Who needs birthday cake? These truffles are so much better.

Sigiposted March 12, 2014 at 5:59 am

hello Sally!
    I just wanted to know which kind of white chocolate you use for those? it looks so white, the white chocolate you can buy here in Europe has a yellowish color to it, that was why I was wondering.

• Sallyreplied on March 12th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I use Ghirardelli baking chocolate for coating.

Piaposted March 15, 2014 at 1:06 am

Dear Sally, would you pleaaase translate youre golden Oreo truffles-recepi and all your’e other recepis to grams so we in Europe also can enjoy your’e baking?? Thank you SO MUCH
    Pia from Sweden

Audreeposted March 22, 2014 at 6:26 am

How many Oreos is in one package?

Thank you!

• Sallyreplied on March 22nd, 2014 at 7:09 am

I’m unsure – maybe about 20-24. Anywhere around that number of Oreos is fine for this recipe.

Kelseyposted March 29, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Hi Sally! I’m getting ready to make these, but I’m wondering how big do you usually make these? A teaspoon? Tablespoon? Thank you!!

• Sallyreplied on March 30th, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Usually about a Tablespoon. Enjoy, Kelsey!

• Kelseyreplied on March 30th, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for the reply! They are amazing!! Can’t stop eating them! Super easy as well :-)

Bradyposted May 18, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Hi Sally! Can I make these and freeze for about a week before eating them? Hoping to make for a party before hand! Thanks :)

• Sallyreplied on May 18th, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Definitely! I usually do that before I need them for an event.

Ivyposted May 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Can I check if the one pack of Oreo refers to one small pack of 3 Oreos? Cause I’m in Asia so I’m not sure if America side is the same. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2014 at 8:48 pm

It’s a regular size package – 14.3 ounces.

Sallyposted June 20, 2014 at 9:20 am

Will the chocolate sweat if I refrigerate them?

Carlineposted July 3, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Sally, I had a nightmare making these! (My friend thinks I got a bad batch of baking chocolate). My chocolate would NOT melt! I even had her fancy chocolate melting pot (fondue pot)… I ended up having to melt white chocolate chips, also how did you get your chocolate so white? Mine was a brownish almondy color… Hopefully mine taste better than they look!

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Oh my… what kind of white chocolate are you using? I’ve never seen brown melted white chocolate before. And I’m concerned it’s not melting… at all. I suggest using Ghirardelli white chocolate – it’s the best for coating.

• Carlinereplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I think my problem was that I used double stuffed Oreos (on accident), maybe too much filling? And, I had baking chocolate instead of dipping chocolate, would that make a difference?

• Randireplied on September 24th, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Try using vanilla flavored CandiQuik. It microwaves perfectly and tastes just like white chocolate.

Lindaposted July 7, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Sally, you are a genius. All of your recipes are delicious and pure creative genius. Thanks so much for sharing on your website.

Alexaposted August 29, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Ok, I solved my own problem! I had used double stuffed and less Oreos come in the package so my Oreo to cream cheese ratio was way off! Good thing I didn’t loose too much sleep over that one ;)

Love your blog!

Cindyposted September 4, 2014 at 11:09 am

Try the mint Oreo, they are heaven in a bite.

Joannaposted September 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Made these with lemon Oreos as well as the limited time pumpkin Oreos! Beyond amazing! I am beyond happy to have came across this site. Your recipes rock! :)

Nubiaposted November 4, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hi sally :) I totally love your blog, I spend hours reading the recipes.
    You think is it okay if I dip the oreos on regular chocolate instead of white chocolate?

Megposted November 7, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Sally, I love your site for all the amazingly delicious sweet recipes that are just so super easy to make. Thanks for sharing with us. Thought I would share too: this recipe is perfect to experiment with. This morning I made a batch with Kingston biscuits but added dedicated coconut and almonds. So yummy!