Golden Oreo Truffles.

Sweet, chocolate covered Oreo Truffles. Everyone loves these and they are so easy to make!

Every Christmas, my good friend Amy and I get together to make one of our favorite chocolatey treats, Oreo Truffle Balls. Have you ever had them before?

They are essentially the easiest recipe I’ve ever made – all it takes is some crushed up Oreos, a block of cream cheese, and dipping chocolate to coat them. I like to throw them on a dessert plate with other goodies at Christmas time. They are ALWAYS the first treat to go! But with Christmas at the other end of the year and Santa no where in sight, I am left truffle-hungry. Until today. I think I found my new drug favorite no-bake treat: GOLDEN Oreo Truffles.

How to Make Oreo Truffles - with any kind of Oreo! I love them with Golden Oreos. This recipe is so simple!

Golden Oreos are my favorite kind. Many may not agree, but I prefer them over their chocolate cousin. Golden Oreos are the same Oreos I used for my Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. They are the epitome of vanilla yumminess. I like to smear peanut butter all over them while I’m curled up on the couch reading gossip magazines – now that’s pure happiness right there.

You can, of course, just use regular Oreos as well.

How to Make Oreo Truffles on It's so, so easy!

What I love most about Oreo Truffles that the ingredient list is SO short. Three ingredients! That’s it. These no-bake, no-fuss, EASY truffles will be your new favorite way to consume calories, I can guarantee. And no need to waste your money on groumet truffles, because these babies will honestly WOW any crowd. Perfect for a quick dessert to bring to any party, potluck, or to make as a yummy treat for yourself.

Oh, and since I add sprinkles to EVERYTHING these days, I knew today’s truffles would not be complete without a heavy dose of those colorful little buggers.

Golden Oreo Truffles

Yield: 35 one inch truffles

Total Time: 1 hour, plus cooling

For these no bake truffles, pulverized Golden Oreos are combined with cream cheese and formed into balls before being dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles.

• 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package (15.25 oz) Golden Oreos or Regular Oreos
  • 12 ounces high quality white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
  • sprinkles for decor

1. Process the Oreos (the entire cookies, filling and cookie) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
  2. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky. You can do this step by hand, but I find using a mixer is much easier.
  3. Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on two large plates, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat-lined bake sheet. Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes. (Freezing the balls is the most important step of this recipe. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.)
  4. Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt according to package directions. Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate. Here's how I coat truffles: drop the truffle in the middle of the melted chocolate. Swirl the chocolate all around it with a fork. Pick up the truffle with a fork or dipping tool - do not pierce it, simply pick it up on top of the fork's prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
  5. Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
  6. Make ahead tip: You can freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

See all of my white chocolate recipes.

157 Responses to “Golden Oreo Truffles.”

carlaposted August 15, 2013 at 2:02 am

Hi there !
    I have no oven and a kids birthday coming up – they look so yuumy. I was wondering how long they would look and taste good left out of the fridge ? We don’t have golden oreos here in the sticks of rural australia so I am going to use plain oreos but dip them in white chocolate.
    Thanks for the recipe !

• Sallyreplied on August 15th, 2013 at 11:07 am

Hi Carla – only a couple hours out of the fridge. The chocolate will melt otherwise.

Jennyposted November 19, 2013 at 9:48 am

Hi, I’m frm Singapore and the Oreo truffles looked sooo adorable!! I’m gonna try this out this weekend. Can I know if u chopped up the Oreos including the Oreo cream or just the dry cookie part?

• Sallyreplied on November 19th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Use the entire Oreo. Cream and cookie.

Rachelposted November 19, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Thanks so much for the recipe! I made these last night and they turned out wonderful. Wish I could attach the picture- I used orange & yellow sprinkles for fall. :)

N.Kaeeeposted January 21, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hi! Uhm… I was wondering… Does it make 48 balls or 40 balls…? Cause im planning to make this for all my friends for Valentines this year, and i wanna know the right amount of ingredients i need.

I love your recipes btw. Ive tried making your frozen peanut butter reese pie, the cookie dough fudge as well. They were both awesome!

• N.Kaedereplied on January 21st, 2014 at 11:28 am

Oh, i forgot to ask! Do these need to be kept refrigerated after frozed?

• Sallyreplied on January 21st, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Hi there! The recipe makes between 42-48 actually. You need to keep them in the refrigerator after they’re made. You’ve chosen some great recipes to make so far! I love that frozen reese’s pie.

Mirraposted February 5, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I made these a couple of days ago. They are so addicting which is why I am glad that I only made 12. They’re sweet, but not teeth dancing sweet. I used the Birthday Cake Golden Oreo cookies and added a little vanilla to the mixture. I melted white chocolate chips for the coating.(it was easier). Out of this world good. These are my new fav treats and I will be making them again. Who needs birthday cake? These truffles are so much better.

Sigiposted March 12, 2014 at 5:59 am

hello Sally!
    I just wanted to know which kind of white chocolate you use for those? it looks so white, the white chocolate you can buy here in Europe has a yellowish color to it, that was why I was wondering.

• Sallyreplied on March 12th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I use Ghirardelli baking chocolate for coating.

Piaposted March 15, 2014 at 1:06 am

Dear Sally, would you pleaaase translate youre golden Oreo truffles-recepi and all your’e other recepis to grams so we in Europe also can enjoy your’e baking?? Thank you SO MUCH
    Pia from Sweden

Audreeposted March 22, 2014 at 6:26 am

How many Oreos is in one package?

Thank you!

• Sallyreplied on March 22nd, 2014 at 7:09 am

I’m unsure – maybe about 20-24. Anywhere around that number of Oreos is fine for this recipe.

Kelseyposted March 29, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Hi Sally! I’m getting ready to make these, but I’m wondering how big do you usually make these? A teaspoon? Tablespoon? Thank you!!

• Sallyreplied on March 30th, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Usually about a Tablespoon. Enjoy, Kelsey!

• Kelseyreplied on March 30th, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for the reply! They are amazing!! Can’t stop eating them! Super easy as well :-)

Bradyposted May 18, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Hi Sally! Can I make these and freeze for about a week before eating them? Hoping to make for a party before hand! Thanks :)

• Sallyreplied on May 18th, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Definitely! I usually do that before I need them for an event.

Ivyposted May 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Can I check if the one pack of Oreo refers to one small pack of 3 Oreos? Cause I’m in Asia so I’m not sure if America side is the same. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2014 at 8:48 pm

It’s a regular size package – 14.3 ounces.

Sallyposted June 20, 2014 at 9:20 am

Will the chocolate sweat if I refrigerate them?

Carlineposted July 3, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Sally, I had a nightmare making these! (My friend thinks I got a bad batch of baking chocolate). My chocolate would NOT melt! I even had her fancy chocolate melting pot (fondue pot)… I ended up having to melt white chocolate chips, also how did you get your chocolate so white? Mine was a brownish almondy color… Hopefully mine taste better than they look!

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Oh my… what kind of white chocolate are you using? I’ve never seen brown melted white chocolate before. And I’m concerned it’s not melting… at all. I suggest using Ghirardelli white chocolate – it’s the best for coating.

• Carlinereplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I think my problem was that I used double stuffed Oreos (on accident), maybe too much filling? And, I had baking chocolate instead of dipping chocolate, would that make a difference?

• Randireplied on September 24th, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Try using vanilla flavored CandiQuik. It microwaves perfectly and tastes just like white chocolate.

Lindaposted July 7, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Sally, you are a genius. All of your recipes are delicious and pure creative genius. Thanks so much for sharing on your website.

Alexaposted August 29, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Ok, I solved my own problem! I had used double stuffed and less Oreos come in the package so my Oreo to cream cheese ratio was way off! Good thing I didn’t loose too much sleep over that one 😉

Love your blog!

Cindyposted September 4, 2014 at 11:09 am

Try the mint Oreo, they are heaven in a bite.

Joannaposted September 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Made these with lemon Oreos as well as the limited time pumpkin Oreos! Beyond amazing! I am beyond happy to have came across this site. Your recipes rock! :)

Nubiaposted November 4, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hi sally :) I totally love your blog, I spend hours reading the recipes.
    You think is it okay if I dip the oreos on regular chocolate instead of white chocolate?

Megposted November 7, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Sally, I love your site for all the amazingly delicious sweet recipes that are just so super easy to make. Thanks for sharing with us. Thought I would share too: this recipe is perfect to experiment with. This morning I made a batch with Kingston biscuits but added dedicated coconut and almonds. So yummy!

Franziposted December 2, 2014 at 8:15 am

I really wanna try these, but we don´t have that huge variety of Oreos in Germany. Any suggestions for substitutes?

Thanks in advance

Lisaposted December 7, 2014 at 10:57 am

I have been using a lot of sprinkles since discovering your website last year! Is there somewhere to get them more affordablly then at the grocery store? Your funfetti recipe is in constant circulation around my house!

Annieposted December 10, 2014 at 6:50 pm

We made these with birthday cake flavored oreos, and they were delicious! Unfortunately all we had were milk chocolate chips, which were really hard to use for dipping, but still tasted good. I’ll definitely use a melting chocolate of some sort next time. :)
    Thank you so much for the fun recipe! 😀

Yvonneposted December 15, 2014 at 11:42 am

Can the cream cheese be substituted? I’m allergic to it

• Nancyreplied on November 11th, 2015 at 11:05 am

I think u can use butter instead

Christineposted December 21, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I just made these and they are delicious!! I’d like to put them in a treat bag and give them as a gift to my coworkers. Do you think that would work? Without being refrigerated during the work day until they get home?

• Sallyreplied on December 21st, 2014 at 7:33 pm

They should be ok all day at room temperature provided they’re not a hot, humid environment. Which I’m sure it’s not =)

Talisaposted January 18, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Was wondering if you can use low fat cream cheese?

• Sallyreplied on January 18th, 2015 at 6:44 pm

That’s fine here.

Arianaposted February 3, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Hello. This recipe looks perfect for valentines day :) but I am wondering if I could substitute the cream cheese for something else. My boyfriend hates it but he loves golden Oreos. I ll still make them as they are for my siblings and my uni friends :) thank you

なた子 Natashaposted February 10, 2015 at 11:31 pm

I’d love to try making these for Valentine’s Day this year! But I was wondering… What size package of Oreos do you use?

• Sallyreplied on February 11th, 2015 at 1:29 pm

15.25 ounce package

Rebeccaposted February 13, 2015 at 4:21 pm

I made these today. I used ghiradelli white chocolate. I found that the chocolate was really thick and it was hard to nicely and evenly coat the balls. I melted the chocolate on a double boiler but then turned the heat off after it was all melted because I was scared it would burn (known problem for me). Any suggestions how to keep the chocolate nice and smooth to coat the full batch? By the way, while mine look a mess, they are absolutely addicting 😉

Janeposted March 3, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I have made these several times and they always come out fabulous. I tried once with the Ghiardelli chocolate but I had to buy 2 bars and it was expensive and didn’t melt well. Now I use the candy melts; usually Merckens,. It melts easily and stays melted for the whole batch.

Sarahposted April 2, 2015 at 9:36 am

Didn’t work….I had it like about 40 min in the fridge but when I put the chocolate on it, they were “melting away” so I had to roll them into cacao before using only some chocolate sprinkles. Half of it was for the trash.

Sandyposted May 9, 2015 at 11:02 am

I made these last Saturday with white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate and everyone loved them. I would definitely make them again, they were so easy.

Charlotte Herbertposted May 10, 2015 at 12:02 pm

My favorite tweak on these:
    Once the ball is formed, make a little ‘well’ [I use the big end of a chopstick], in each ball. Marshmallow fluff in a small zip baggie, with the corner snipped off [approx. couple tablespoons] . Squeeze a small amount into each ball, and pinch the ball closed. Dip in [not white] chocolate and sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on each one before the coating sets.
    S’moreos balls!
    [Note: I had tried it with a mini marshmallow, but I liked the consistency of the fluff better.]

• Evelyn Breplied on August 31st, 2015 at 9:13 pm

That sounds good, Charlotte!

Shaniposted June 20, 2015 at 10:32 am

Hi Sally! Looking for make ahead easy elegant recipies for my fabulous forty party in 2 weeks. Was hoping I could make these and then freeze them till the date, but you have no freezing instructions? Here it says 5 days ahead In the fridge, is that the earliest? Thanks, Shani in Mexico

• Sallyreplied on June 21st, 2015 at 4:11 pm

You can freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. Happy birthday!

Ashleyposted June 29, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Can u use high quality white chocalte chips?

Christyposted September 3, 2015 at 4:41 pm

How well do they freeze?

danielleposted October 29, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Quick question Sally. I am making these for a baby shower, the night before. Obviously they would be refrigerated all night and pulled out the morning off.  They will be on a dessert table……would it be ok to be kept out for a little while on display?

• Sallyreplied on October 30th, 2015 at 11:32 am

Yep of course! They’re OK to keep out for the party.

Jessieposted November 10, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Is white chocolate too sweet? Is almond bark better to use in this recipe?