Golden Oreo Truffles.

Sweet, chocolate covered Oreo Truffles. Everyone loves these and they are so easy to make!

Every Christmas, my good friend Amy and I get together to make one of our favorite chocolatey treats, Oreo Truffle Balls. Have you ever had them before?

They are essentially the easiest recipe I’ve ever made – all it takes is some crushed up Oreos, a block of cream cheese, and dipping chocolate to coat them. I like to throw them on a dessert plate with other goodies at Christmas time. They are ALWAYS the first treat to go! But with Christmas at the other end of the year and Santa no where in sight, I am left truffle-hungry. Until today. I think I found my new drug favorite no-bake treat: GOLDEN Oreo Truffles.

How to Make Oreo Truffles - with any kind of Oreo! I love them with Golden Oreos. This recipe is so simple!

Golden Oreos are my favorite kind. Many may not agree, but I prefer them over their chocolate cousin. Golden Oreos are the same Oreos I used for my Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. They are the epitome of vanilla yumminess. I like to smear peanut butter all over them while I’m curled up on the couch reading gossip magazines – now that’s pure happiness right there.

You can, of course, just use regular Oreos as well.

How to Make Oreo Truffles on sallysbakingaddiction.com. It's so, so easy!

What I love most about Oreo Truffles that the ingredient list is SO short. Three ingredients! That’s it. These no-bake, no-fuss, EASY truffles will be your new favorite way to consume calories, I can guarantee. And no need to waste your money on groumet truffles, because these babies will honestly WOW any crowd. Perfect for a quick dessert to bring to any party, potluck, or to make as a yummy treat for yourself.

Oh, and since I add sprinkles to EVERYTHING these days, I knew today’s truffles would not be complete without a heavy dose of those colorful little buggers.

Golden Oreo Truffles

Yield: 35 one inch truffles

Total Time: 1 hour, plus cooling

For these no bake truffles, pulverized Golden Oreos are combined with cream cheese and formed into balls before being dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles.

Ingredients:

• 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package (15.25 oz) Golden Oreos or Regular Oreos
  • 12 ounces high quality white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
  • sprinkles for decor

Directions:

1. Process the Oreos (the entire cookies, filling and cookie) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
  2. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky. You can do this step by hand, but I find using a mixer is much easier.
  3. Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on two large plates, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat-lined bake sheet. Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes. (Freezing the balls is the most important step of this recipe. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.)
  4. Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt according to package directions. Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate. Here's how I coat truffles: drop the truffle in the middle of the melted chocolate. Swirl the chocolate all around it with a fork. Pick up the truffle with a fork or dipping tool - do not pierce it, simply pick it up on top of the fork's prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
  5. Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
  6. Make ahead tip: You can freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

See all of my white chocolate recipes.

166 Responses to “Golden Oreo Truffles.”

Sandyposted May 9, 2015 at 11:02 am

I made these last Saturday with white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate and everyone loved them. I would definitely make them again, they were so easy.

Charlotte Herbertposted May 10, 2015 at 12:02 pm

My favorite tweak on these:
    Once the ball is formed, make a little ‘well’ [I use the big end of a chopstick], in each ball. Marshmallow fluff in a small zip baggie, with the corner snipped off [approx. couple tablespoons] . Squeeze a small amount into each ball, and pinch the ball closed. Dip in [not white] chocolate and sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on each one before the coating sets.
    S’moreos balls!
    [Note: I had tried it with a mini marshmallow, but I liked the consistency of the fluff better.]

• Evelyn Breplied on August 31st, 2015 at 9:13 pm

That sounds good, Charlotte!

Shaniposted June 20, 2015 at 10:32 am

Hi Sally! Looking for make ahead easy elegant recipies for my fabulous forty party in 2 weeks. Was hoping I could make these and then freeze them till the date, but you have no freezing instructions? Here it says 5 days ahead In the fridge, is that the earliest? Thanks, Shani in Mexico

• Sallyreplied on June 21st, 2015 at 4:11 pm

You can freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. Happy birthday!

Ashleyposted June 29, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Can u use high quality white chocalte chips?

Christyposted September 3, 2015 at 4:41 pm

How well do they freeze?

danielleposted October 29, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Quick question Sally. I am making these for a baby shower, the night before. Obviously they would be refrigerated all night and pulled out the morning off.  They will be on a dessert table……would it be ok to be kept out for a little while on display?

• Sallyreplied on October 30th, 2015 at 11:32 am

Yep of course! They’re OK to keep out for the party.

Jessieposted November 10, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Is white chocolate too sweet? Is almond bark better to use in this recipe?

Buenaposted December 6, 2015 at 12:36 am

Hi, my country doesn’t sell cream cheese so is there any there recipes that can be replace by cream cheese?

Leanneposted December 8, 2015 at 9:11 am

Im from Ireland can  I use different biscuits/cookies?

Ashleyposted December 24, 2015 at 8:03 am

How many truffles would it make with one packet of Oreos

Joyceposted January 6, 2016 at 2:42 pm

I can’t find Golden Oreos and tried Lemon. It’s like cheesecake because of the lemon flavor of the oreo plus the cream cheese..
    I tried melting white chocolate disc but failed to manage it.. I’m just eating the oreo balls without the chocolate coating and it’s delicious.. bite-sized cheesecake 🙂

Lennaposted January 10, 2016 at 11:23 am

I love your recipes! I made these, and everything went well. When the white chocolate was drying on the truffle, it started to crack. What did I do wrong?

• Sallyreplied on January 11th, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Lenna, it sounds like your truffles were too cold and the chocolate was too hot. That’s what is causing the chocolate to crack. Let the chocolate sit for awhile to cool down before dipping. Likewise, let the truffles sit out at room temperature for a few minutes. This should all help.

Leighposted February 22, 2016 at 11:04 am

I’m about to go to the store to buy ingredients to make these and the mint oreo truffles for my son’s Baden-Powell Scouts dinner tonight. They look delicious and simple–perfect for my 2 year old and 5 year old bakers to help out with! Thanks for the recipe! (from Chilliwack, British Columbia)

Khadijahposted April 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm

These’s look AMAZING Sally! Amazing!

So glad it is no bake too!

Thanks for sharing!