Every Christmas, my good friend Amy and I get together to make one of our favorite chocolatey treats, Oreo Truffle Balls. Have you ever had them before?
They are essentially the easiest recipe I’ve ever made – all it takes is some crushed up Oreos, a block of cream cheese, and dipping chocolate to coat them. I like to throw them on a dessert plate with other goodies at Christmas time. They are ALWAYS the first treat to go! But with Christmas at the other end of the year and Santa no where in sight, I am left truffle-hungry. Until today. I think I found my new
drug favorite no-bake treat: GOLDEN Oreo Truffles.
Golden Oreos are my favorite kind. Many may not agree, but I prefer them over their chocolate cousin. Golden Oreos are the same Oreos I used for my Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. They are the epitome of vanilla yumminess. I like to smear peanut butter all over them while I’m curled up on the couch reading gossip magazines – now that’s pure happiness right there.
What I love most about Oreo Truffles that the ingredient list is SO short. Three ingredients! That’s it.
These no-bake, no-fuss, EASY truffles will be your new favorite way to consume calories, I can guarantee. And no need to waste your money on groumet truffles, because these babies will honestly WOW any crowd. Perfect for a quick dessert to bring to any party, potluck, or to make as a yummy treat for yourself.
Oh, and since I add sprinkles to EVERYTHING these days, I knew today’s truffles would not be complete without a heavy dose of those colorful little buggers. Sprinkles make life better.
For these no bake truffles, pulverized Golden Oreos are combined with cream cheese and formed into balls before being dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Makes 48 1-inch truffle balls. Store truffles in the refrigerator, covered - up to 10 days.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Golden Oreos, finely crushed (about 4.5 cups)
- 2 Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bars (8 oz total)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop up Oreos finely in a food processor or blender. Mix the crumbs together with the cream cheese until well combined.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Freeze for about 30 minutes. (FREEZING the balls is the most important step of this recipe. If they are not mostly frozen, the chocolate will not coat the balls properly.)
- Chop up and melt the white chocolate bars according to the package directions. Dip the balls into chocolate and immediately top with sprinkles. Place back onto prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes so the chocolate sets.
Recipe Source: sallysbakingaddiction.com
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
ps- here are some other no-bake recipes I love!
See all of my no-bake recipes.
See all of my white chocolate recipes.