No-Bake Golden Oreo Truffles.

Sweet, chocolate covered Oreo Truffles. Everyone loves these and they are so easy to make!

Oreo Truffles! These are so simple to make and you only need a few ingredients. Kids love them!

Every Christmas, my good friend Amy and I get together to make one of our favorite chocolatey treats, Oreo Truffle Balls.  Have you ever had them before?

They are essentially the easiest recipe I’ve ever made – all it takes is some crushed up Oreos, a block of cream cheese, and dipping chocolate to coat them.  I like to throw them on a dessert plate with other goodies at Christmas time.  They are ALWAYS the first treat to go! But with Christmas at the other end of the year and Santa no where in sight, I am left truffle-hungry.  Until today. I think I found my new drug favorite no-bake treat: GOLDEN Oreo Truffles.

Golden Oreos are my favorite kind. Many may not agree, but I prefer them over their chocolate cousin.  Golden Oreos are the same Oreos I used for my Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies. They are the epitome of vanilla yumminess. I like to smear peanut butter all over them while I’m curled up on the couch reading gossip magazines – now that’s pure happiness right there.

Truffle

Golden Oreo Truffles - only 4 easy ingredients!

What I love most about Oreo Truffles that the ingredient list is SO short.  Three ingredients! That’s it.

These no-bake, no-fuss, EASY truffles will be your new favorite way to consume calories, I can guarantee.  And no need to waste your money on groumet truffles, because these babies will honestly WOW any crowd.  Perfect for a quick dessert to bring to any party, potluck, or to make as a yummy treat for yourself. :)

Oh, and since I add sprinkles to EVERYTHING these days, I knew today’s truffles would not be complete without a heavy dose of those colorful little buggers.

PrintPrint

Golden Oreo Truffles

For these no bake truffles, pulverized Golden Oreos are combined with cream cheese and formed into balls before being dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles.

Yield: 35 1-inch truffles

Total Time: 1 hour, plus cooling

Ingredients:

• 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package Golden Oreos or Regular Oreos
  • 12 ounces high quality white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
  • sprinkles

Directions:

Process the Oreos (the entire cookies, filling and cookie) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.

Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.  You may do this step by hand, but I find using a mixer is much easier.

Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on two large plates, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat-lined bake sheet. Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes. (Freezing the balls is the most important step of this recipe. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.)

Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt according to package directions. Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate. Here's how I coat truffles: drop the truffle in the middle of the melted chocolate. Swirl the chocolate all around it with a fork. Pick up the truffle with a fork - do not pierce it, simply pick it up on top of the fork's prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.

Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.

See all of my white chocolate recipes.

136 Responses to “No-Bake Golden Oreo Truffles.”

Ivyposted May 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Can I check if the one pack of Oreo refers to one small pack of 3 Oreos? Cause I’m in Asia so I’m not sure if America side is the same. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2014 at 8:48 pm

It’s a regular size package – 14.3 ounces.

Sallyposted June 20, 2014 at 9:20 am

Will the chocolate sweat if I refrigerate them?

Carlineposted July 3, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Sally, I had a nightmare making these! (My friend thinks I got a bad batch of baking chocolate). My chocolate would NOT melt! I even had her fancy chocolate melting pot (fondue pot)… I ended up having to melt white chocolate chips, also how did you get your chocolate so white? Mine was a brownish almondy color… Hopefully mine taste better than they look!

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Oh my… what kind of white chocolate are you using? I’ve never seen brown melted white chocolate before. And I’m concerned it’s not melting… at all. I suggest using Ghirardelli white chocolate – it’s the best for coating.

• Carlinereplied on July 3rd, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I think my problem was that I used double stuffed Oreos (on accident), maybe too much filling? And, I had baking chocolate instead of dipping chocolate, would that make a difference?

• Randireplied on September 24th, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Try using vanilla flavored CandiQuik. It microwaves perfectly and tastes just like white chocolate.

Lindaposted July 7, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Sally, you are a genius. All of your recipes are delicious and pure creative genius. Thanks so much for sharing on your website.

Alexaposted August 29, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Ok, I solved my own problem! I had used double stuffed and less Oreos come in the package so my Oreo to cream cheese ratio was way off! Good thing I didn’t loose too much sleep over that one ;)

Love your blog!

Cindyposted September 4, 2014 at 11:09 am

Try the mint Oreo, they are heaven in a bite.

Joannaposted September 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Made these with lemon Oreos as well as the limited time pumpkin Oreos! Beyond amazing! I am beyond happy to have came across this site. Your recipes rock! :)

Nubiaposted November 4, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hi sally :) I totally love your blog, I spend hours reading the recipes.
    You think is it okay if I dip the oreos on regular chocolate instead of white chocolate?

Megposted November 7, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Sally, I love your site for all the amazingly delicious sweet recipes that are just so super easy to make. Thanks for sharing with us. Thought I would share too: this recipe is perfect to experiment with. This morning I made a batch with Kingston biscuits but added dedicated coconut and almonds. So yummy!

Franziposted December 2, 2014 at 8:15 am

I really wanna try these, but we don´t have that huge variety of Oreos in Germany. Any suggestions for substitutes?

Thanks in advance

Franzi

Lisaposted December 7, 2014 at 10:57 am

I have been using a lot of sprinkles since discovering your website last year! Is there somewhere to get them more affordablly then at the grocery store? Your funfetti recipe is in constant circulation around my house!

Annieposted December 10, 2014 at 6:50 pm

We made these with birthday cake flavored oreos, and they were delicious! Unfortunately all we had were milk chocolate chips, which were really hard to use for dipping, but still tasted good. I’ll definitely use a melting chocolate of some sort next time. :)
    Thank you so much for the fun recipe! :D

Yvonneposted December 15, 2014 at 11:42 am

Can the cream cheese be substituted? I’m allergic to it