Snickers Cheesecake Bars.

Thick and creamy cheesecake bars on top of an Oreo cookie crust and stuffed with Snickers Bars.

Today’s recipe was inspired by the evil genius behind The Cheesecake Factory’s Snickers Bar Cheesecake. Whoever you are, I’d like to shake your hand for creating the most devilishly decadent dessert in the entire world.

If you haven’t had it yet, you can only imagine. It’s Snickers bars + creamy dreamy cheesecake. Need I say more?

8 Ingredient Snickers Cheesecake Bars - no one can resist these!

If I had to eat only one candy bar for the rest of my life (can we make that scenario happen please?), it would probably be a Snickers bar. They’re the perfect package. Milk chocolate, caramel, fluffy nougat, and salty peanuts. By the way, did you know that Snickers is the world’s most popular candy bar? I’m not surprised!

Some of my favorite recipes have Snickers bars in the ingredient list. And today’s recipe might just top them all, if that’s possible.

8 Ingredient Snickers Cheesecake Bars - no one can resist these!

What we have today is truly a simple recipe. Baking a cheesecake into bar form is so much easier than the real thing. It’s actually dangerous how easy this recipe is because now I’m probably going to make them all the time. I already have multiple requests from Kevin’s coworkers. I keep getting facebook messages for “more cheesecake snickers bars!!” Recipe success.

Start with an Oreo cookie crust. The Oreo cookie crust is quite thick – you want something very sturdy to hold up all of the heavy cheesecake batter.  I loved how thick the crust was, actually.  It’s tastes more like a layer in the bar rather than a puny little crust that will get lost under all the filling.  The Oreo cookie crust contains two things: Oreos and melted butter.  Grind up 20 whole Oreos (with the cream center) in your food processor or blender and mix with 5 Tablespoons of melted butter. That’s it.

Baking the cookie crust for about 10 minutes as you make your filling is important. Otherwise, your crust will fall apart.

The filling is quite basic. I know I’m going to use it over and over again for more cheesecake bars in my baking future. It’s a new “go-to” recipe. 16 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 large egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Yep, only 4 ingredients – plus snickers. 13 fun size Snickers went into my filling, which is about 1.5 cups. The amount of Snickers bars is very forgiving. Add more or less, depending on your taste. 1.5 cups gave me the perfect ratio of creamy cheesecake filling to gooey, melty Snickers inside.

Before baking, I topped the bars with milk chocolate chips. Just to give them a little something extra. Top with more Snickers, a different kind of chocolate chip or leave plain.  You could also drizzle the bars with melted chocolate after they are done baking. Always room for more chocolate, right?!

8 Ingredient Snickers Cheesecake Bars - no one can resist these!

The hardest part about today’s recipe? Waiting for the darn bars to chill before digging in.  At least 3 hours in the refrigerator felt like a lifetime!  I did anything I could to help pass the time quicker.  An episode of How I Met Your Mother, an attempt to do laundry, a trip to the dog park across the street, and I even painted my nails.

I swear, the day I made these – time stood still for those three hours.

When the bars are ready, it’s time to EAT! You don’t even have to be hungry to eat one. In fact, you could be stuffed to the brim with absolutely no more room in your stomach, ready to completely burst – and one of these cheesecake bars will still taste incredible.

8 Ingredient Snickers Cheesecake Bars - no one can resist these!

There is truly no other convincing I can do here. My work is done. I mean, just look at them.

These need to come with a warning label.

Snickers Cheesecake Bars

Yield: 16 bars

Ultra thick and creamy cheesecake bars stuffed with Snickers Bars. Easier and quicker than baking an entire cheesecake.

• 20 Oreo cookies (Regular, Double Stuf, or any chocolate wafer cookie)
  • 5 Tablespoons (75g) unsalted butter, melted

• 16 ounces cream cheese (2 standard packages), softened to room temperature
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 13 fun size snickers, chopped (about 1.5 cups total)*
  • 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, optional

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.

For the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.

For the filling: Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Fold in the Snickers and spread the mixture over your cooled crust. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool for 30 minutes on the counter and then completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.

Store bars in a covered container for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.

Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13-inch pan, baking time will vary - about 45-55 minutes.

*Add more or less Snickers, depending on your taste. 1.5 cups of chopped Snickers equates to 13 fun size, 20 bite size, or 3 large bars.

Try these Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies next!

Snickers Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

See more cheesecake recipes.

8 Ingredient Snickers Cheesecake Bars - no one can resist these!

200 Responses to “Snickers Cheesecake Bars.”

Ashleigh Nuceposted August 28, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Heeyyyy. I have made these before and they are soooo delicious! Do you think that I could substitute, say, Milky Way or 3 Musketeer bars in the future? I’d like to try some different variations, because I’m not a giant fan of Snickers.

jamieposted September 1, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Hi Yum!
    could I sub semi sweet chips for the milk? I have a bunch… what do you think?

• Sallyreplied on September 2nd, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hi Jamie! You sure can. Enjoy!

maryposted October 12, 2013 at 8:25 am

do i have to let it cool completely on the counter, and then chill it 3 hours in the fridge? or do i take it out from the oven and directly put it in the fridge?

• Sallyreplied on October 13th, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Hi Mary – allow it to cool for a little bit (maybe 30 mins or so) on the counter and then transfer to the refrigerator.

Mira@Cupcake Makerposted October 19, 2013 at 4:55 am

Hi Sally!Awesome recipe✌Especially since I love Snickers AND cheesecake,so these were like Heaven.The Oreo crust is heavenly,by the way.I ♥ the way all your recipes all go together SOOOO well.Thanks so much,Sally♥✌♥!!

Desireeposted October 25, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Oh Sally, you’ve done it again! I made these for a work dessert potluck this week, and people were seriously losing their dang minds over them! There was a lot of moaning over food, and “oh wow…” uttered over and over again! Of all the fabulous desserts that people brought in, these were gone the quickest (half were gone before lunchtime!!)! I even had a couple people say they were orgasmic. So thank you again for making a fabulous dessert that made me the workplace belle of the ball! (The peanut butter & pretzel topped brownies were the first winner!)

• Sallyreplied on October 25th, 2013 at 6:17 pm

LOVE those peanut butter + pretzel brownies, Desiree! And I knew these cheesecake bars would be a hit at any sort of potluck. Because no one can ever resist them when they’re baked. Everyone always begs me for the recipe. Our little secret can be how easy they are. 😉 Thanks for reporting back!

Saunatarposted October 27, 2013 at 5:39 am

Local small shop had no regular cream cheese today (Finland has VERY limited stocks of ingredients anyway, not much to choose from), which made me pretty mad at first. I thought I would have to abandon my plan of baking these as a birthday present from me to me! After a short time of thinking I decided to buy some mascarpone cheese and non-fat cream cheese (which I personally hate, I refuse to buy non-fat products unless I absolutely have to). I combined those two, threw in some sugar, vanilla, the egg and the Snickers, and boy is it sweet but good 😀 Thank you so much for the recipe, I bet we’ll enjoy these!

• Sallyreplied on October 27th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Hi Saunatar! I’m glad you were able to make do with what was available to you! I personally hate fat free cream cheese too. It’s awful! Especially in baked goods. But combined with mascarpone? I’m sure it did wonders!

• Saunatarreplied on October 30th, 2013 at 4:35 am

Hey again!

The mascarpone worked very well. I’m pretty sure I have to make these again someday 😉 In less than 24 hours the whole thing was gone. And there were only three of us enjoying it, haha.

Thank you!!

Ashleigh Nuceposted November 15, 2013 at 9:10 am

Hello again Sally (:
    I was wondering if you think that Kit Kats or 100 Grand bars would go better into this. I’m making it for a friend, and those are his two favorite candy bars. I can’t decide which to use!

• Sallyreplied on November 15th, 2013 at 9:50 am

These would be SO good with either. I personally love 100 grand bars!

Sally Rposted November 25, 2013 at 10:02 am

I tried this on Sunday and it is totally yummy! It’s so yummy that my family members, friends and boyfriend refuse to share their portion of the bar. It is definitely easy to make. This recipe should come with a caution sign. Thank you for sharing this recipe online.

Melanieposted November 26, 2013 at 8:42 pm

How do these bars store?can I make them on Thursday for a party on Saturday.

• Sallyreplied on November 27th, 2013 at 10:30 am

Hi Melanie! That’s listed in the recipe directions. These need to be chilled at all times.

Rachelposted December 16, 2013 at 10:57 am

Hi Sally!

I brought these to a holiday party over the weekend and they were a HUGE hit! Not even a crumb was left over!

Thanks so much for sharing all of your recipes. Since discovering your blog I have made about 6 of them and each one has come out wonderfully. (even better than anything I have made from any baking cookbook that I own!).

• Sallyreplied on December 16th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Thanks Rachel. That really means a lot to me! Let me know any recipes you make next. I love hearing about it. And these cheesecake bars – sooo good.

sueposted December 18, 2013 at 12:28 am

i am definitely making these for the holidays, but i need to know what size pan do these go in

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2013 at 8:49 am

Hi Sue – the recipe calls for an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan.

Sara Ladsonposted December 24, 2013 at 12:00 am

Love Love Love this recipe!!! My husband is a MP in the Army,his soldiers ask my husband if I can send some on night shift to motivate them almost daily!!!…..To make them more compact is it possible that I could put them into mini cheesecake tarts by putting them in a muffin pan with liners? …would this mess up the baking times,etc?

• Sallyreplied on December 24th, 2013 at 7:25 am

Hi Sara! You certianly may bake these bars as mini cheesecakes. Yes, the baking time would be significantly less. I’m unsure of the exact time, but they will be done when they are almost 100% cooked through the center and will firm up after chilling.

Lisaposted January 19, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Do you pulse the Snicker bars like the Oreos? These look really good!!

• Sallyreplied on January 20th, 2014 at 8:42 am

Nope, just chop the Snickers bars up.

Moposted February 9, 2014 at 12:08 pm

These look amazing, I think I’m going to make them as a valentines day dessert. One question, How can you tell when they are done? Should the middle be jiggly like a traditional cheesecake or should these be treated more like a brownie and mostly cooked all the way through?

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Hi Mo! You’ll want them to be practically firm in the center of the pan before removing from the oven. No jiggles. Enjoy!

Louiseposted March 10, 2014 at 10:42 am

I made these yesterday. OMG WOW!! My family demolished it in minutes. Thank you Sally!

Eleasaposted March 23, 2014 at 9:27 pm

These were amazing!! I doubled the recipe and added peanut butter to the cheesecake batter, and topped with homemade salted caramel and a chocolate drizzle. So good!

I would like try these with a brownie base next time; do you have any recommendations for baking times using one of your brownie recipes? Thanks!

Maryposted April 19, 2014 at 10:11 am

could i make this as on oreo cheesecake and use oreos insted of the snickers?

• Sallyreplied on April 19th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Hi Mary, I actually have an oreo cheesecake recipe in my cookbook. I’ve never tried using this recipe to make a full cheesecake before. Let me know if you try it!

Amberposted May 14, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Hey Sally great recipe! I tried this out the other day and I did the recommended time for baking but mine came out with cracks on it. Do you know possibly why?

Hayleyposted July 15, 2014 at 10:53 am

Made these just last night! It was kind of a “spur of the moment” decision so the only candy bars I had on hand were my favourite — cookies & cream. So that’s what I used and these turned out great. I’m looking forward to trying them with snickers though. That’s my moms favourite chocolate

YOUAposted December 19, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I made these for today’s pot luck at work and they were a hit! One guy said “I’d marry that.” Lol. The cheesecake was super delicious just as you described it thick and creamy. Thank you for this recipe

Amalia@TheSavoryStudentposted March 19, 2015 at 10:20 am

Amazing! Made these the other day and everyone loved them!! :)

I’m going to share this with our readers too!

Darlene Slatteryposted March 19, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Is it ok to just make it in a pan w/o foil? And then just cut it in the pan.
    It wouldn’t be bars but seems easier to me.

• Sallyreplied on March 19th, 2015 at 9:22 pm

That’s completely fine. I find they are easier to cut after lifting them out using the foil.

Nell Belposted April 18, 2015 at 4:56 am

Did you grind the snickers up or did you bake them whole?

Juliaposted May 21, 2015 at 2:44 am

Hi Sally, i made your bars yesterday but instead of a normal baking pan i used the pan which sides can be taken off (thought its gonna be easier to cut and dont have to fool around with foil). But it was a wrong idea as the butter from the crust leaked from the pan during baking it (guess this pan is not that tight) ;( so the oreo crust was very hard. However the cream cheese was super good. Also baked for 45 mins (doubled recipe) but guess less time would be better. Gonna try it again. Wont give up 😉

Loraposted July 31, 2015 at 8:27 pm

For the Oreos, do we use them whole (with the cream in the middle), or only the dark biscuit? Thank you!

Sandraposted August 29, 2015 at 3:47 pm

I haven’t baked anything as yet from this site, as my daughter just recently introduced me.  I’m planning to bake these bars for her baby shower and will double the recipe.  You indicate they can be refrigerated for about 10 days. Can they be frozen? I could use the extra time in prepping things…

• Sallyreplied on August 29th, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Yep, they can be frozen– up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.

Najiaposted September 5, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Hello!, this looks very good, although I’m lactose intolerant I would make that sacrifice and eat these. How long do you think these bars can sit out, not refrigerated?

Cristina Jonesposted October 4, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Hi Sally, I made these bars for my son’s 9th birthday. My family loved them! Have you ever made these into a cheesecake using a springform pan? Would I have to change the recipe a lot?

• Sallyreplied on October 5th, 2015 at 9:59 am

Cristina, I have actually– there needs to be a little more filling to fill a springform pan. Do you have a copy of my new cookbook? I have the recipe for my Snickers Cheesecake there.