Skinny Cookies ‘n Cream Milkshakes.
My workout recovery drink for the weekend was a Cookies n’ Cream milkshake. A milkshake with only 4 ingredients, taking just 5 minutes, and made from bananas. Bananas? Yes, this milkshake is made from bananas.
If you’re new around these parts, you may not know about my love for banana whip. Banana whip is made from freezing very ripe bananas and blending them into a creamy whip. Buy bananas, let them get speckled brown, peel them, slice them, freeze them, whip them in your blender, and eat.
Honest to goodness, it tastes like vanilla soft-serve. Vegan, gluten-free, 1 ingredient ice cream.
I make milkshakes from this frozen whipped banana concoction quite often.
And today’s Skinny Cookies n Cream Milkshakes.
For the cookies n’ cream version, you’ll need 2 frozen bananas, 3 reduced fat Oreos (treat yourself!), 1/2 cup fat free Cool Whip, and a splash of skim milk. The cool whip makes the milkshakes insanely creamy. They taste like the cookies n’ cream milkshakes you love from the diner!
I threw the 4 ingredients into the blender after an hour-long workout and have never felt more refreshed. You could even add Greek yogurt to the milkshakes for a protein kick! The milkshake will taste more tart and less sweet, but you’ll get a nice serving of protein in there if you chose to add it. Or even try adding a scoop of protein powder. I’m not a fan of protein powder, but I know most people are.
You will hardly taste the bananas. I know I can’t!
Skinny Cookies 'n Cream Milkshakes
These thick, lightened-up Cookies n' Cream Milkshakes are made from only 4 easy ingredients!
- 2 ripe large bananas, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 1/4 cup skim milk1
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 reduced-fat Oreos
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Blend the frozen banana chunks and milk together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add the Cool Whip and Oreos and blend for 1 minute. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- Use your favorite milk. Skim, 1%, 2%, almond, soy, rice, coconut, etc.
- As suggested, vanilla flavored or plain Greek yogurt is a wonderful protein-packed replacement for Cool Whip!
- Try adding vanilla protein powder for a tasty protein kick.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Want something a little fruitier? Try my Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes!
PS: This is what my work day looks like. My assistant caught sleeping on the job! 😉
This post contains affiliate links.