6 ingredient Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie that’s lightened-up. Go ahead, have another slice!
My early birthday dessert! My birthday is May 27th and we will be home in Philadelphia celebrating Memorial Day and my birthday, so I wanted to share with you what I’ll be making for the special day. I’m also making super moist carrot cake for my Dad – his birthday is the day after mine. This ice cream pie is such an easy dessert and would be a wonderful addition to any summer party. As long as there is a freezer nearby!
What we have here is light peanut butter cup ice cream mixed with fat free Cool Whip, lying in an Oreo cookie crust, ribboned with peanut butter in the center and on top, and sprinkled with Reese’s Pieces. Surely this gorgeous, mouthwatering pie is not diet food, but it’s not like I used full-fat ice cream, right?!
Here’s the ice cream I used. Edy’s is the brand name where I am from, but it is also called Dreyer’s. Any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt will work in this recipe.
Low fat, full fat, fat-free – and any flavor you wish. You could use vanilla frozen yogurt and chop up some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and mix those into the ice cream filling. Now that sounds amazing.
There are only 6 ingredients that you need in order to make this pie. Combine 1 quart of your ice cream (which is 2/3 of a normal ice cream carton) of choice with 8 oz of frozen whipped topping (which is 1 tub of Cool Whip). This will be your pie filling. The Cool Whip makes it extra creamy, while similtaneously making it lighter. Try using heavy cream instead!
Make sure the ice cream is softened and the Cool Whip is thawed. It makes things much easier, trust me. Spread 1/2 of the filling into the homemade Oreo cookie crust (homemade = so much better). Melt 1/4 cup of peanut butter and drizzle half of it on top. Layer with the rest of the filling, then the rest of the melted peanut butter, and top it all off with Reese’s Pieces. Freeze for 6 hours.
You’ve just made the easiest lightened-up ice cream pie in the world. Peanut Butter Style.
It’s so good, I could scream. For ice cream. (I’m so corny, I know.)
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥
Love ice cream? Then try these desserts: cake batter cookie ice cream sandwiches, cookie dough lovers ice cream pie, M&M ice cream cookie sandwiches, easy 5 layer ice cream cake, rainbow cookie ice cream sandwiches, berries ‘n’ cream icebox cake, and blueberry lemon icebox cake.Print
6 ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie that’s lightened-up. Go ahead, have another slice!
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 cups reduced fat Oreos (about 18 Oreos)
- 5 Tablespoons (1/3 cup) unsalted light butter, melted (or full fat butter)
- one 8-ounce container fat free Cool Whip, thawed OR 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 quart light peanut butter ice cream,* softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces, crushed
- Make the crust: Combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a nonstick 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the Cool Whip and ice cream together until softened and combined evenly. Spoon 1/2 of the mixture into prepared crust. Melt the peanut butter and drizzle half over the filling. Layer the rest of the filling on top and drizzle with the remainder of the melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Pieces. Cover and freeze for about 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften before slicing. Keep chilled in the freezer up until you serve the pie.
- Ice Cream: Any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt will be fine. Make sure you check the size of the ice cream carton. Most cartons are 1.5 quarts. You only need 1 quart for this recipe.
Keywords: light peanut butter ice cream pie, peanut butter ice cream pie