6 ingredient Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie that’s lightened-up. Go ahead, have another slice!
There are only 6 ingredients that you need in order to make this pie. Combine 1 quart of your ice cream (which is 2/3 of a normal ice cream carton) of choice with 8 oz of frozen whipped topping (which is 1 tub of Cool Whip). This will be your pie filling. The Cool Whip makes it extra creamy, while simultaneously making it lighter. Try using heavy cream instead!
Make sure the ice cream is softened and the Cool Whip is thawed. It makes things much easier, trust me. Spread 1/2 of the filling into the homemade Oreo cookie crust (homemade = so much better). Melt 1/4 cup of peanut butter and drizzle half of it on top. Layer with the rest of the filling, then the rest of the melted peanut butter, and top it all off with Reese’s Pieces. Freeze for 6 hours.
You’ve just made the easiest lightened-up ice cream pie in the world. Peanut Butter Style.
Leftover peanut butter? Try my soft and thick peanut butter cookies next!Print
6 ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie that’s lightened-up. Go ahead, have another slice!
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 20 reduced-fat Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons (1/3 cup) unsalted light butter, melted (or full fat butter)
- one 8-ounce container fat free Cool Whip, thawed, OR 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 quart light peanut butter ice cream,* softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces, crushed
- Make the crust: Combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a nonstick 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the Cool Whip and ice cream together until softened and combined evenly. Spoon 1/2 of the mixture into prepared crust. Melt the peanut butter and drizzle half over the filling. Layer the rest of the filling on top and drizzle with the remainder of the melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Pieces. Cover and freeze for about 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften before slicing. Keep chilled in the freezer up until you serve the pie.
- Ice Cream: Any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt will be fine. Make sure you check the size of the ice cream carton. Most cartons are 1.5 quarts. You only need 1 quart for this recipe.
Keywords: light peanut butter ice cream pie, peanut butter ice cream pie