Homemade maple almond cranberry granola is satisfying and delicious made with maple, sweet cranberries, crunchy almonds, and cinnamon spice. With lots of cozy flavor in each bite, this will be your new favorite fall snack.
Today’s maple almond cranberry granola is one of my favorite snacks to make as the temperatures start to cool and the leaves begin to change. It’s satisfying and cozy, and a relatively quick recipe for busy fall schedules.
This Maple Almond Cranberry Granola Is
- Hearty and wholesome
- Simple to prepare with 8 basic ingredients
- Cinnamon spiced
- A great on-the-go snack
- Delicious any time of day
- Vegan and gluten free (if using certified GF oats)
Ingredients & Adaptations
Made with a handful of ingredients, this granola recipe can be easily adapted to your tastes and preferences. Here’s what you need to get started:
- Oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats are the base of today’s granola. I don’t recommend quick or instant oats—the texture of the whole, rolled oats helps the granola stick together. Use certified gluten free oats for a completely gluten free recipe.
- Almonds: Almonds add crunch, texture, and flavor. I use a mix of whole almonds and sliced almonds. You can use both or either, whatever is easiest.
- Dried Cranberries: For sweet/tart flavor, I love to use dried cranberries. Dried apples, dried cherries, chopped dates, or even raisins would also be delicious.
- Cinnamon: I love cinnamon with maple and cranberry flavors, so I use an entire teaspoon. You can cut down to 1/2 teaspoon if you’d like. Try adding a pinch of ground nutmeg and ground all-spice for extra fall-inspired flavor! Or use the same amount of pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Salt: A pinch of salt adds flavor.
- Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup sweetens the granola. We also use it to sweeten these granola clusters—they’re very similar to today’s recipe but as clusters!
- Coconut Oil: Melted coconut oil helps bind everything together.
- Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract adds flavor. Try using homemade vanilla extract.
It’s really easy to make. Mix all the dry ingredients together, add the wet ingredients including the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, then spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake. This granola takes about 30 minutes in the oven. As it cools, it gets a little crunchy!
More Favorite Healthier Recipes
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bars
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins
- Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Snack Bars
Feel refreshed and recharged with this fall-inspired, wholesome, and crunchy maple almond cranberry granola recipe!
- 2 and 1/2 cups (213g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup (140g) whole almonds*
- 2/3 cup (80g) dried cranberries
- 1/2 or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I always use a full teaspoon!)*
- pinch salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (56g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss the oats, almonds, cranberries, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Make sure all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Allow granola to cool completely – the air will help the granola obtain a crunchy texture.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Granola is the perfect recipe to make ahead because it stays fresh for so long. Store this in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Almonds: I used a mix of whole almonds and sliced almonds. You can use both or either, whatever is easiest.
- Cinnamon: I LOVE cinnamon with maple and cranberry flavors, so I use an entire teaspoon. You can cut down to 1/2 teaspoon if you’d like. Try adding a pinch of ground nutmeg and ground all-spice for extra fall-inspired flavor! Or use the same amount of pumpkin pie spice instead.
Keywords: homemade granola, maple almond cranberry granola