Single Serving Healthier Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 muffin
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
A recipe for one chocolate chip muffin!
- 3 Tablespoons white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line muffin tray with 1 liner. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips together in a small bowl. Add vanilla, melted butter, milk, and sugar. Mix everything together until just combined. DO NOT overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin liner. Bake for 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): 12-Count Muffin Pan | Muffin Liners | Glass Mixing Bowl | Whisk
- Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.
Keywords: single-serve muffin
Reader Comments & Reviews
I only have jumbo muffin pans, how much of it would I need then?
Hi Alex, you could double this recipe in order to fill 1 jumbo muffin cavity. For a full pan/batch, here is our jumbo chocolate chip muffin recipe.
I made a dairy free version of this single serving chocolate chip muffin recipe. I used all-purpose flour, Silk cashew milk, Country Crock plant butter with almond oil, and Trader Joe’s semi-sweet chocolate chips (which are dairy free). I used Lorann’s butter-vanilla emulsion (also dairy free) instead of the vanilla extract. It was the perfect size to satisfy a craving without tempting leftovers. I look forward to experimenting with other flavors.
I also tried with cocoa powder, tahini and cinnamon
Very tasty! I made it with whole wheat flour, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and ginger instead and next time I’ll make three more to share with my roommate. It’s very soft and fluffy, my new favorite snack.
Thank you so much for this! I doubled the recipe and ended up with enough for four. They turned out great!
I tried this….came out well. What if i want to make just 2, can i double this recipe & bake 2 muffins?
Amazing!!! Thank you. I will be making these over and over again. So nice to have a small recipe that tastes sooo good.
These are delicious, they only take a second to make, and I think they are made even better as mini muffins! I use Whole wheat pastry flour and they’re just as good as they are with AP flour.
120% in love! Absolutely delicious muffins. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe.
This recipe is perfect! Tastes great and no leftovers to accidentally over eat. The best solution when I’m having a sweets craving. I love small batch & single serve sweets.
I was wondering if this is your only single serving muffin? I saw you have a Master Muffin Mix, and I was wondering how you could turn that into a single muffin?
Thank you for your time!
This is the only recipe I have for a 1 muffin recipe– sorry! Try a quick google search. I think there are many out there 🙂
I used blueberries instead of chocolate chips and put a muffin liner in a ceramic mug. I’m so excited to try other fillings! So yummy.
You really should put how EASY it is to make this muffin in the description! love this and would love more “smaller batch” recipes!
First day at home on maternity leave, REALLY wanted something warm and muffin-y for breakfast, but didn’t want to go to the hassle of baking a whole batch. This recipe is perfection. Thank you Sally!
I made one so yummy I ended up making 3 more☺️
This turned out awesome! I made it into two smaller muffins so it would turn out better in the toaster oven.
Such a clever recipe! And infinitely better than microwaveable mug brownies. 😉