Peanut butter lovers rejoice! I’ve got one insanely peanut butter-y cookie recipe that will take down even the most intense peanut butter craving. Loaded with creamy peanut butter, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and honey roasted peanuts… this cookie is not for the faint of heart.
This recipe bakes up extremely THICK, puffy, and soft peanut butter cookies. I can assure you, this is one cookie recipe that will NOT disappoint. It’s the same basic recipe I used for soft-baked peanut butter cookies, peanut butter M&M cookies, and peanut butter blossoms. Any reader who has ever written in about this peanut butter cookie recipe has told me they are hooked. And… so am I.
These cookies are nothing like the traditional hard, crunchy peanut butter cookies you are used to. The exact opposite, in fact. They are so soft that they will literally melt in your mouth. A peanut butter cookie recipe GOLDMINE.Print
Soft + thick peanut butter cookies loaded with all your peanut butter favorites!
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (64g) honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (100g) mini peanut butter cups (OR fun size or regular size peanut butter cups, chopped)
- 1/2 cup (90g) peanut butter baking chips
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the peanuts, peanut butter cups, and peanut butter chips. Cover and chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll chilled dough into balls, about 1 heaping Tablespoon of dough each. Gently press down to slightly flatten. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy! Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Keywords: peanut butter lovers’ cookies