Fudgy brownies. Stuffed with Oreos. Topped with cream cheese icing and loaded with sprinkles. These brownies are heaven. Pure heaven. Just look how fudgy they are!
While I have my go-to brownie recipe made from scratch, I actually used a box mix for today’s brownies. That’s what trying to bake in a rush will do to you. I don’t mind, I love Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix – they truly taste homemade!
This brownie recipe is fool-proof. Mix up your brownies according to the package instructions. Pour 1/2 of the batter into your baking pan. Line whole Oreos on top of the bottom batter layer. Pour the rest of the batter on top of the Oreos. Bake according to package instructions.
Averie’s oreo cookie stuffed brownies with vanilla buttercream frosting inspired me to top these cookies n cream brownies with icing and sprinkles. I used store bought cream cheese frosting, but feel free to use my homemade cream cheese frosting that I linked in the recipe box below.. Again, who doesn’t love shortcuts?!
My favorite part about these brownies? The Oreo cookie melts and creates an unbelievably gooey, fudgy brownie encasing the sweet Oreo cream centers. Delicious!
Makes 24 brownies. Brownies stay fresh chilled in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (plus ingredients called for on the back of the box) or make my Homemade Fudgy Brownies
- 15 Oreo cookies
- cream cheese frosting (I used storebought, but here is my Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray 11x7 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the brownie mix as directed with the egg, oil and water.
- Pour 1/2 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Line Oreos in rows (3 down and 5 across). Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the Oreos.
- Bake according to box instructions or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean (i like my brownies fudgy!). Mine took about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and frost with cream cheese icing. Top with sprinkles and stick in the refrigerator so the frosting sets. Once the frosting is set (about 1 hour), cut into 24 squares.
recipe adapted from Averie Cooks
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.