Fudgy Cookies & Cream Oreo Brownies.

Fudgy Cookies & Cream Oreo Brownies

Fudgy brownies. Stuffed with Oreos. Topped with cream cheese icing and loaded with sprinkles. These brownies are heaven. Pure heaven. Just look how fudgy they are!

While I have my go-to brownie recipe made from scratch, I actually used a box mix for today’s brownies.  That’s what trying to bake in a rush will do to you. I don’t mind, I love Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix – they truly taste homemade!

Fudgy Cookies n Cream Oreo Brownies

This brownie recipe is fool-proof. Mix up your brownies according to the package instructions.  Pour 1/2 of the batter into your baking pan.  Line whole Oreos on top of the bottom batter layer. Pour the rest of the batter on top of the Oreos. Bake according to package instructions.

Averie’s oreo cookie stuffed brownies with vanilla buttercream frosting inspired me to top these cookies n cream brownies with icing and sprinkles.  I used store bought cream cheese frosting, but feel free to use my homemade cream cheese frosting that I linked in the recipe box below.. Again, who doesn’t love shortcuts?!

Fudgy Oreo Cookies & Cream Brownies

My favorite part about these brownies? The Oreo cookie melts and creates an unbelievably gooey, fudgy brownie encasing the sweet Oreo cream centers. Delicious!

PrintPrint SaveSave

Fudgy Cookies 'n Cream Oreo Brownies

Makes 24 brownies. Brownies stay fresh chilled in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray 11x7 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
  2. Make brownie batter according to box instructions. Pour 1/2 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Line Oreos in rows (3 down and 5 across). Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the Oreos.
  3. Bake according to box instructions or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean (i like my brownies fudgy!). Mine took about 40 minutes.
  4. Allow to cool completely and frost with cream cheese icing. Top with sprinkles and stick in the refrigerator so the frosting sets. Once the frosting is set (about 1 hour), cut into 24 squares.

recipe adapted from Averie Cooks

37 Responses to “Fudgy Cookies & Cream Oreo Brownies.”

Dulce fresaposted April 17, 2012 at 7:05 am

yum yum yum! I love Oreo! I also made this week Oreo brownie and cupcakes.. But I have to give this a try!

Moposted April 17, 2012 at 7:25 am

OMG Sally your recepies rock my world !

• Sallyreplied on April 17th, 2012 at 11:28 am

haha thank you Mo :)

LivinLovinSweetposted April 17, 2012 at 11:07 am

All of these delicious recipes, have me wishing we were neighbours ;) lol these all look soooo yummy!!

• Sallyreplied on April 17th, 2012 at 11:31 am

i would love that! hopefully my neighbors aren’t sick of the constant brownie and cookie smells coming from my kitchen ;)

creativity is my thing, you know!posted April 17, 2012 at 11:13 am

yumyum. do the oreo cookies get soft when you bake them or do they stay hard? definitly gonna make them too!

• Sallyreplied on April 17th, 2012 at 11:30 am

yes, the oreos get super soft while the brownies are baking, which makes them super fudgy. :)

frugalfeedingposted April 17, 2012 at 11:35 am

Those brownies are clearly to-die-for. They look so nice! you’ll soon be transferring your baking addiction over to me!

Chung-Ah (@damn_delicious)posted April 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Wow, I love that you took Lindsay’s brownies to a whole other level! Well done!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and moreposted April 17, 2012 at 12:28 pm

oh yum, I am all for box mix when you need it!

digintobooksposted April 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Holy moly! These brownies look outrageous (in a really good way)! Wish I had one right now!! Love the idea of oreos combined with a brownie!

megsaysposted April 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Okay seriously I might have to take peeks at your blog more sparingly because I want to bake EVERYTHING! The stuffed oreo brownies and the chocolate dipped ones? Oh my!!! (Well, really oh my to everything.) It all looks so delicious, and the photos are always pretty too!

• Sallyreplied on April 17th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Meg, this made my day. Thank you SO much for the sweet comment. Comments like these are what make blogging SO fun. :)

Choc Chip Uruposted April 17, 2012 at 4:20 pm

These brownies are a big bite of heaven for sure :D
    I love the colourful frosting on top too :)

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Healthiful Balanceposted April 18, 2012 at 6:46 am

Wow, these brownies look AMAZING! I want to take a bite out of one right now. :)

Katie from Katie's Cucinaposted April 18, 2012 at 8:05 am

YUM! These look and sound amazing!

Alexisposted April 19, 2012 at 1:52 am

Can’t wait to try these brownies! They look amazing!

• sallyreplied on April 19th, 2012 at 3:12 am

thank you alexis!

Moposted April 19, 2012 at 10:41 am

yeah that’s what i thought but just wanted to be sure !! thank you SO much ;-) Hope it’ll look as yummy as yours !

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted April 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

SO good! Yummy!

Moposted April 22, 2012 at 6:26 am

hej hej, me again, so i tried it and it was a huge success ! Thank you so much !!

Six Sistersposted May 3, 2012 at 11:49 pm

These look so great – and gooey! We loved having you come to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back again soon! -The Sisters

Emilyposted August 6, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Hey there. After you set the frosting one hour and cut into squares, do you store in the fridge, too?

• Sallyreplied on August 7th, 2012 at 10:09 am

We ate the batch right away at a family party, so there was no need to store in the fridge. However, I suggest storing them in the fridge OR in a covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week.

Laurenposted September 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm

These are delicious! I crushed some Oreos and blended them into the cream cheese frosting. So yummy!

• Sallyreplied on September 10th, 2012 at 6:03 am

Hi Lauren! I never thought to do that. I love that idea!

Jessicaposted November 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I have made slutty brownies before and I bake them in an 8×8 can I do these also? They are pretty much the same thing except I do a layer of chocochip cookie,oreo and brownie

• Sallyreplied on November 12th, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I’ve never had success baking a full sheet of brownies in a small baking pan, but if you’ve done it before with a different type then go for it!

Danielleposted January 3, 2013 at 8:39 am

OH EM GEE! I made these last night and they are a winner! Not only do I love oreos but my boyfriend is an oreo lover and he was more than impressed with these bad boys! Instead of sprinkles I used mini chocolate chips. I am currently attending school for pastry and baking, and I am always looking for EASY fun recipes and your blog is filled with them! Thank you so much, keep it up!!! :)

• Sallyreplied on January 3rd, 2013 at 9:18 am

Danielle, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for visiting SUCH an old recipe and making it! I love Oreos too – and I have to try these with mini chocolate chips next time. I favor easy recipes – I’m a working gal, not much time to devote to anything too strenuous!

Carolina Tposted February 23, 2013 at 12:39 pm

These sound so great Sally! Then again, anything with oreos sounds great! Lol

Florianposted July 13, 2013 at 10:19 pm

hi Sally.. the cream cheese frosting link goes to the chocolate brownie bites.. would it be the same cream cheese frosting as the one in your banana bread recipe? :)

thanks!

• Sallyreplied on July 14th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Oh gosh! Florian, I just updated the link for you. Thank you for letting me know that!

• Florianreplied on July 14th, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Thanks Sally :)

Jennyposted January 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm

These look great! I’m going to be making them for my daughter and mailing them to her in college (she’s a HUGE fan of cookies & cream). What brands of cream cheese frosting do you recommend? I’ve never bought it before so I don’t know which are good.

Thanks!

Allieposted February 5, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Omg thank you for the perfect valentines baking treat for my oreo and browning loving guy! This is so perfect!