The only thing better than a cookie is a GIANT cookie. Like, practically-the-size-of-my-head cookie. A big, soft, fluffy sugar cookie stuffed with sprinkles. A TON of sprinkles.
This XXL cookie is so simple. Seriously! Just throw reduced amounts of sugar cookie ingredients into a small bowl, stir, throw in the sprinkles, bake and BOOM! You’ve got yourself a cookie big enough to share. Well, maybe. I certainly did not share mine……..
This cookie literally melts in your mouth. It’s fluffy, soft, sweet, thick, chewy, and buttery… pretty much all of my cookie requirements.
makes 1 large cookie
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp beaten egg (crack the egg, beat it, and use 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the butter and sugar together until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and sprinkles until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared cookie sheet into a tall ball (see picture above). Bake for 14-16 minutes until the edges are browned. The center may appear undone but that's what you want. It will firm up. Allow to cool completely ON the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Recipe source: sallysbakingaddiction.com
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Want to bake a whole batch of soft sugar cookies? Check out my Soft-Baked Funfetti Sugar Cookie recipe.
If you like giant cookies, be sure to checkout a few of my other favorites:
You may also enjoy my Cake Batter Sugar Cookies as well