Chocolate Covered Christmas.

Chocolate Covered Holiday Treats

With only 1 week left until Christmas, you better believe I am scrambling to make sure I get all my holiday baking and (no) baking finished. With holiday parties, an office potluck, cocktail parties, big family dinners, and Christmas brunch ahead of me in the next 7 days, any recipe saving me time and energy is welcomed with open arms.

Is there a more perfect food than chocolate to share this time of year? Boxes of chocolate shared and received, hot chocolate sipped by the fire, homemade fudge, bark, and mint chocolate everything.  Chocolate is perhaps the holiday’s most loved ingredient.

Today I’m sharing two new last-minute ideas for holiday treats. With them, I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite chocolate covered goodies. Most of which I’ll be making again this week. I’m up to my arms in chocolate here. Find yourself scrambling to make something sweet this week?  I’ve got plenty of solutions.

Chocolate Covered Christmas Treats

Chocolate Covered Treats

Cookie Dough Truffle Popssafe-to-eat cookie dough wrapped in chocolate.

Cookie Dough Pops

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites - easy to make and even easier to gobble up. Salty, sweet, & crunchy with a thick peanut butter center.

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Skinny Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip Piemake a diet-friendly mint chocolate pie in the freezer and give your oven a break!

Skinny Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip Pie

White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookiesa sweet & salty crunch from the chocolate covered pretzels inside a thick, soft-baked cookie.

White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies by Sallys Baking Addiction

No-Bake Golden Oreo Truffles -4 ingredients. Minimum effort. I’m sold.

Golden Oreo Truffles @sallybakeblog

Chocolate Peanut Butter  Saltine Toffeeevery person who has ever tried this is pleasantly surprised by the hidden saltines in the recipe.  Slightly crunchy, salty, sweet and most certainly addicting. Very easy to make as well!

Saltine Toffee aka Christmas Crack

Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chowan overnight Pinterest sensation for a very good reason – this stuff is EASY and you won’t be able to put it down. Perfect for gift giving if you can manage to share it.

Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow

Cookies n’ Cream Peanut Butter Barkonly taking about 5 minutes to make and 1 hour to set up, this easy no-bake dessert was gobbled up by my coworkers in minutes. Oreos, chocolate, and peanut butter.  I can’t see anything wrong with this!

Peanut Butter Oreo Bark-2

Chocolate Covered Pretzelshas been my very favorite treat to make to years. No one can resist a chocolate covered pretzel.

Chocolate Covered Pretzels by Sallys Baking Addiction

Triple Chocolate Crunch Granolawho says you can’t give away something a little healthier for the holidays?  Bonus: it hardly tastes healthy at all.

Triple Chocolate Granola

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins - chocolate’s favorite fruit in one incredibly soft & fluffy muffin. I never mind getting out of bed for these!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins-2

Chocolate Covered Candy Canes (recipe below)

Chocolate Covered Candy Canes

Chocolate Covered Oreos (recipe below)

Chocolate Covered Oreos

PrintPrint

Chocolate Covered Oreos & Candy Canes

Incredibly simple and quick last-minute Christmas treats!

Ingredients:

• 4 oz semi-sweet or white chocolate (like Bakers)
  • at least 8 candy canes or 10 Oreos (depends how much chocolate you use on each)
  • toppings such as crushed candy canes, sprinkles, nonpareil candies, mini M&Ms

Directions:

Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Dip Oreo or candy cane into chocolate and sprinkle with topping of choice. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.

Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks.

Q: What are your favorite chocolate covered treats?

39 Responses to “Chocolate Covered Christmas.”

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted December 18, 2012 at 4:56 am

Wow – I can’t believe you have all those events to squeeze in in the next week! You’re going to need some coffee to keep you awake for all of that…or just some extra chocolate :)

All of these look delish, Sally. And thanks for the reminders on things that I know I want to make, or just to be temped with, all over again. Like those lately pretzel/white choc cookies! Or of course the dipped Oreos!

Aimee @ ShugarySweetsposted December 18, 2012 at 7:08 am

Everything is better covered in chocolate!!! As for what’s left to do? I can’t even breathe right now!!!

Luv What You Doposted December 18, 2012 at 7:41 am

I love chocolate covered EVERYTHING….especially Oreos!
    I need to try those PB pretzel bites…I have some leftover pretzels over here so that will be on my list when I get back into town : )

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2012 at 9:31 am

i think the peanut butter pretzel bites are my favorite recipe on my site – i make them ALL the time for friends, family, and office parties. no one can ever resist them. myself included!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted December 18, 2012 at 7:58 am

Oh my! I just tweeted that it is going to be a chocolate free day!! I guess I was wrong! Everything and I mean everything looks amazing!!! I don’t even know where to begin!!

Herbivore Triathleteposted December 18, 2012 at 9:15 am

I will take one of each please! I love the idea of chocolate covered candy canes, how cute and festive are they?

I’m making muddy buddies gift bags this week for my co-workers, a twist on your peppermint version. Check my blog Friday for the recipe. ;)

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2012 at 9:33 am

Use a chocolate covered candy cane to stir your hot cocoa – I highly suggest it. SO good. Love those muddy buddies and am excited to see yours!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted December 18, 2012 at 9:28 am

Chocolate covering makes everything that much better!!! Sounds like you will be a busy lady for the next few days…I agree with Averie…lots of coffee and chocolate to keep you energized:-) Thank you for all the pictures of things I need to bake and drool over:-)

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted December 18, 2012 at 9:51 am

You can pretty much cover anything with chocolate and it’ll taste good. A fun game to play is to try to think of some food that doesn’t pair with either chocolate or cheese…and it’s sooo hard to come up with something that won’t go with either! You’ve certainly come up with many items that go perfectly with chocolate. :)

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’ve literally been sitting here since I saw this comment for over an hour trying to think of a food that does not go with cheese or chocolate. i am officially stumped. watermelon? I guess that would be good with chocolate. ok that was my only try at guessing. :)

• Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!replied on December 18th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I know, right? Isn’t it difficult? The moment you think you’ve got one that doesn’t go with either chocolate or cheese, it’s like, oh wait a minute, yes, it would work!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted December 18, 2012 at 10:30 am

This is like the most festive and sprinkles filled post EVER!! :) Love everything, especially that pie! And the truffles! And the blondie hearts! Oh and that granola!!!

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfectionposted December 18, 2012 at 10:45 am

I love the last one for good luck. :) This post will definitely come in handy as I am scrambling to get everything done in 7 days. Is it bad that I really haven’t started Christmas shopping or baking…? Wait, don’t answer that. But thank you x10000 for this post. It will seriously be a life saver!

Ashley - Baker by Natureposted December 18, 2012 at 10:46 am

Whoa, you’re one busy lady this week!!! Now… how do I dive head first into this post? All that chocolate is just CALLING my name, Sally!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted December 18, 2012 at 10:57 am

Chocolate covered everything.. I love it! This is so you, especially with all of the sprinkles :) it doesn’t get any better! I agree.. with so much holiday baking, some of the no-bake stuff is appreciated. And those chocolate-dipped candy canes are simply brilliant. Hello, that’d be perfect at a buffet table next to hot chocolate or cocktails! I’m stealing that one for my dad’s holiday party this weekend :) you’re a genius!

amy @ fearless homemakerposted December 18, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Do you have any idea how much you have me craving chocolate-covered goodness right now? YUM! And i just read your comment – it’s unreal how similar our Andes cookies recipes are – really, just an ingredient or two (or amount or two) different. I’d normally take credit for having as brilliant a dessert-making mind as you, but i confess that the blog where i got the recipe gets the credit this time. =)

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Your cookies look just fabulous Amy and reminded me that i need to make my own again ASAP!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted December 18, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I seriously just got so hooked on chocolate covered oreos. They are truly the simpliest yet tastiest treat ever!

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Aren’t they outstanding? And SUCH a simple concept! So easy to make. Love them too!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted December 18, 2012 at 1:31 pm

When I saw the title of this post I KNEW it was for me haha

Jessica@AKitchenAddictionposted December 18, 2012 at 3:57 pm

So much chocolate goodness to choose from!! Love it, Sally!

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted December 18, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Who needs a snowy Christmas when you can have a chocolate covered Christmas! ;) I’m all about easy recipes this year (hence the no-bake thing). I can’t choose a favorite in this round-up, it all looks fabulous!

Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking}posted December 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Wow, it’s beginning to look *a lot* like Christmas! :D You can always trust good ol’ chocolate to be there for you and make everything you cover it with taste amazing! And I love the sprinkle-love too.

Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchenposted December 18, 2012 at 6:23 pm

If I had to pick, I think I’m craving those dipped Oreos the most right now! Chocolate is definitely my favorite ingredient in my kitchen…any time of year…

Sally - only gluten free bakingposted December 18, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Those hearts are so adorable. I will eat anything dipped in chocolate, after all the baking I’ve done lately I should probably stick to Strawberries!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girlposted December 18, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I’m thisclose to having a panic attack right now, with all of the stuff I have left to do. How is it that Christmas is only a week away? Freakouttime!

But oooooh, how I want everything pictured in this post. Chocolate covered anything is always top on my list! And I’m totally making your saltine toffee, yay!

Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted December 18, 2012 at 8:19 pm

This is such a cute post, Sally! Chocolate covered anything definitely screams Christmas to me!

Mercedesposted December 18, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Quite a roundup Sally! I am most wanting the Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites!

Laura Dembowskiposted December 18, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Chocolate covered candy canes sound so interesting. I’ve never seen those before. I used to love the white fudge covered Oreos. I should try that with the Gingerbread ones.

Anneposted December 18, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I made chocolate-covered pretzels (some of them decorated with holiday sprinkles, of course) to send to my sister. Thanks for the inspiration and advice, Sally!

One of my spouse’s favorite treats is Raisinets, and I’d like to try making him some raisins covered with dark chocolate. Have you ever done that? Any ideas? Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on December 19th, 2012 at 6:41 am

you know, i’ve never tried to make my own raisinets before. And yes, it would be as simple as covering them with dark chocolate – or any chocolate for that matter. I LOVE raisinets – I just snacked on some last night watching TV. Yum!

tijuana (po' man meals)posted December 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm

wow. very impressive! everything looks soooo good! the puppy chow did catch my eye. i am a HUGE sucker for puppy chow! i am adding it to my list of things to make with my kiddos over christmas. :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted December 18, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I’m a firm believer that everything is better when dipped in chocolate!

angela @ anotherbitepleaseposted December 19, 2012 at 12:28 am

Merry Chocolate Christmas to you too…I love when you share so many recipes…I get ideas all over again!!!! and can I come to your parties :-)

• Sallyreplied on December 19th, 2012 at 6:46 am

we can virtually party together Angela – i have to make your spaghetti pie sometime!!

Back For Secondsposted December 19, 2012 at 12:31 am

Chocolate covered Christmas? Girl, we speak the same language! I knew I liked you ;)

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted December 19, 2012 at 12:49 am

I’m still obsessed with those pretzel cookies. Can.not.get.over.them.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicousposted December 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Oh my goodness – I really need these in my life. Every single one of these! And those peanut butter pretzel bites – where have those been all my life?!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted December 26, 2012 at 2:58 am

Ugh. I want to spend Christmas at your place! At my in-laws, we’ve had bad store bought vanilla ice cream as Christmas dessert for years. And only ice cream. Oh, and frozen berries. Mmm. :(

Everything here looks delightful! Party at Saaaally’s. :D