No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
Easy homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bars made with only 5 ingredients. Cut them as large or small as you want!
You like peanut butter, right? Because if you don’t, I think you may be lost visiting Sally’s Baking Addiction.
My ode to peanut butter includes a super-moist cake, a giant cookie (the size of your head), popcorn, and saltine toffee (a must try!!). I find any and every single excuse to bake with my favorite nut butter. I make this homemade peanut butter on the regular. In fact, I just made it this morning.
My favorite way to eat peanut butter is with a spoon straight out of the jar. Or in any of these 20 peanut butter cookie recipes.
Peanut butter’s favorite partner in crime? Chocolate of course. Pure velvety smooth chocolate sitting atop a thick Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup center. The perfect marriage of peanut butter and chocolate. Heav-en.
Today’s recipe brings back a ton of nostalgic feelings. My mom made these bars for us when we were little and they were my absolute favorite part about the dessert tray during the holidays. She’d make one large show-stopper dessert, then set out a tray of pecan tassies, chewy cherry coconut cookies, and these glorious Reese’s bars. You can only imagine what I always grabbed first.
I almost completely forgot about them until Kevin asked me to make “no-bake bars.” Could you clarify that, please?! I described these to him and within seconds, I was in the kitchen with all 5 ingredients out on the counter.
Yep, just 5 ingredients. FIVE!
The ingredients you’ll need (and probably already have in your kitchen!) are:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
Yeah… diet food. 😉
Melt the butter. Mix with the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Press into pan. Top with melted chocolate chips and peanut butter. Chill. Done.
Eat. Smile. Repeat 100 times.
Probably the easiest dessert I’ve ever made. They take 3 minutes to throw together. I could probably make them with my eyes closed. (Should I try??) And you don’t need to heat up your kitchen like a sauna. No oven required!
I urge you to step away from the computer and run (don’t walk) to the kitchen to begin. Like right now.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Easy homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup bars made with only 5 ingredients. Cut them as large or small as you want! Bars are *gluten free* if using GF graham crackers.
Yield: 16 bars
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter, melted*
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full sheets)
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons (215g) creamy peanut butter (not natural style)
- 1 cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar together until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill until completely firm, at least 3 hours. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Bars stay fresh stored in the refrigerator. Serve chilled. (Setting them out for a few hours at room temperature for serving is OK.) Bars may be frozen up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
*Unsalted butter may be used instead - add 1/4 teaspoon salt with the peanut butter in step 2.
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Do you like peanut butter & chocolate? I hope so!
Even more Peanut Butter Recipes