S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who’s ready for a s’more? Or a cookie? Or a s’more…cookie?
I went on my very first camping trip last weekend. At the age of 26 – I really missed out as a kid!
You see, I’m not the outdoorsy type at all. In fact, I even googled “what to wear camping” before I left. But it was a fun trip! Minus my sunburn, ruined Uggs, and terrible allergies. I seriously wanted to rip out my eyeballs.
Needless to say, I knew nothing about camping. And after my first trip, I still know nothing about camping. But I do know one thing: s’mores.
The only thing better than a s’more is a portable s’more. On top of a chocolate chip cookie. Mmmm.
What I loved most about bringing these along camping last weekend was that they took about 20 minutes start-to-finish. Using pre-made refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, I saved both time & effort. I had packing to worry about!
These were a huge hit!
S'more Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24-30 cookies. Store cookies in the refrigerator on hot days to avoid the chocolate melting. Otherwise, cookies may be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- 1 recipe for chocolate chip cookies, or 1 package Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (or your favorite cookie dough recipe)
- 12-15 jumbo marshmallows (or more depending how many cookies your recipe yields - you'll need 2 cookies per marshmallow)
- 2 Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars (or 8 oz any melting chocolate)
- Bake cookies according to my directions or the package directions, removing them 1 minute before they are done.
- Cut marshmallows in half while cookies are in oven. When the cookies have 1 minute to go in the oven, remove them and place marshmallow halves sticky side down on top of each cookie. Place the cookies back in the oven for 2 more minutes (which is 1 minute over the recommended baking time - they won't burn, promise).
- Break up and melt the chocolate bars while the cookies are finishing up in the oven. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and nuke for 15 more seconds. Stir vigorously until all chocolate is melted. Microwave in 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- When the cookies are done in the oven, drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over toasted marshmallow. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Try my S’more Peanut Butter Cookies next!