If you love Reese’s Puffs cereal, you will enjoy these easy 6 ingredient no bake treats!
I love being in my kitchen developing new recipes or tweaking old ones. Getting my hands wet, my apron messy, and dirtying every measuring cup in the house (God bless my dishwasher). Baking is my therapy. Good for the mind and the tummy. Somedays I could spend hours in the kitchen!
And today was…. not one of those days.
Baltimore summers are hot and humid. Hot days and hot ovens DO NOT mix well in my teeny tiny apartment. Unless I want to feel like I live in a sauna, I try not to turn on the oven on sweltering hot days. During these months, Sally’s Baking Addiction quickly turns into Sally’s No-Baking Addiction.
Well, I honestly can’t think of a better way to no-bake something than to throw chocolate, butter, marshmallows, and Reese’s Puffs into a pan. Reese’s Puffs are the sugary
crack cereal that I never ate much of when I was growing up. They are peanut butter + chocolate flavored crunchy sugar puffs that are quite addicting with or without milk. Now that I’m a grown up, I can take these sugary little puffs of heaven and add even more sugar and butter to them because… well, why not?
Chocolate Frosted Reese's Puffs Treats
If you love Reese's Puffs cereal, you will enjoy these easy no bake treats!
Reese's Puffs Layer
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 10.5 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 6 and 1/2 cups Reese's Puffs cereal
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 - 1 and 1/2 cups Reese's Pieces (optional)
- Spray an 11x7 (or 9x9) baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, remove pan from heat. Stir in the Reese's Puffs until they are completely coated with the marshmallow. Press into prepared baking pan. I used a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray to make the sticky cereal mixture easier to press down.
- Make the chocolate fudge layer by microwaving the chocolate chips and cubed butter for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Once completely melted smooth, spread chocolate on top of Reese's Puffs treats. If topping with Reese's Pieces, press them lightly into the fudge frosting so they stick.
- Chill bars for at least 1 hour so the chocolate can set before cutting into squares. Store covered in the refrigerator during hot months to avoid the chocolate topping from melting.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
See more no-bake recipes.
See more cereal bar recipes.