Breakfast or dessert? Who knows! Who cares.
I hope everyone reading this blog has tasted the miraculous gift from the gods called Nutella. The chocolate hazelnut spread is, by far, the most decadent, rich, heavenly, crazy delicious spread on the planet. It goes best with a spoon. Just sayin’.
But in order to totally NOT feel like a glutton after you spoon some nutella into your mouth, throw it into a bowl with some maple syrup, oats, dried cherries, and dark chocolate chips. Bake it up and you’ve got yourself some crunchy (SOOOOO crunchy), chocolatey, and seemingly healthy granola.
I love homemade granola. ♥ What’s not to love? So much cheaper and healthier to make your own. Bypass all the crap and preservatives some companies pump into their cereals, and check out some of my favorite homemade granolas. After you’ve made this recipe of course. 🙂
What I love most about this particular granola recipe is that there aren’t many ingredients. 5 to be exact. And the nutella definitely stands out. It’s the star of the show here people. The chocolate nutty goo acts as the binder, while the maple syrup thins it out and sweetens the oats up a bit. I threw in tart dried cherries for a flavor contrast and went over the top to add dark chocolate chips. I mean c’mon, why not?!
Oh and I forgot to mention, if you pour some milk over it, you’ll be sittin’ back slurpin’ on chocolate milk in no time. 😉
You’ll love this super simple 5 ingredient sweet & tart dark chocolate cherry Nutella granola!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or Silpat) and set aside.
- Mix the oats and dried cherries into a large bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, melt the Nutella and maple syrup together in the microwave (about 30 seconds). Stir until completely smooth and liquidy. Pour Nutella mixture over oats and cherries. Make sure all of the oats are evenly moistened. Spread evenly over prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring at each 10 minute interval.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot granola (no need to stir). The chips will melt down a bit. Let the granola cool completely. Please note that it will be soft when removed from the oven– it will crunch up when exposed to air. Mine took about 30 minutes to crunch up. Enjoy!
Keywords: nutella granola, chocolate cherry nutella granola