Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

gluten free fruit tart

gluten free fruit tart

This healthy tart is so simple. One of the easiest dishes you’ll throw together considering how pretty (!!) it is. There’s no baking involved and the whole thing comes together in a snap. Slicing the fruit will take you the longest but hey! If you slice the fruit the night before, you’ll have this ready in about 15 minutes.

The tart’s crust is made from two healthy ingredients– nuts and dates. The same main two ingredients used to make these two healthy energy bites recipes. If you don’t have dates, raisins or even dried cranberries make a great replacement. Cashews are preferred for their smooth texture and buttery taste. They combine with the dates much easier to make a smooth, moist crust as opposed to harder nuts like almonds. Walnuts work too! If you have a strong food processor or blender, the crust is easy. Pulse the two ingredients together to make a moist “dough” and press it into a tart pan. Instead of a tart pan, you can use a regular cake pan or pie dish.

Spread Greek yogurt overtop. I use vanilla flavor, but any flavor you like will work. You could use strawberry flavor yogurt and top the tart with mostly fresh strawberries. I’m going to use lemon flavor next. Plain works too! Really, whatever you have or like best.

dates and nuts for tart crust

kiwi, blackberries, and strawberries

Now, let your creative juices flow. Top the tart with all the fresh fruit you love. Nothing is off limits here. Make a design or throw it all on top. Or slice it up and let your family/friends/guests/fruit lovers decorate their own.

Greek yogurt fruit tart

greek yogurt fruit tart

So how’s this for a protein-packed breakfast? Or a healthy dessert. It’s my healthier version of traditional fruit pizza or fruit tart and it’s absolutely perfect for Easter morning. Or anytime the sun is shining! Oh, and pair it with sparkling sangria for a truly fruity celebration.

gluten free fruit tart

Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

• Author: Sally
  • Prep Time: 25 minutes
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 25 minutes
  • Yield: serves 8-10
  • Category: Breakfast
  • Method: No Bake
  • Cuisine: American

Description

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Ingredients

• 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes*
  • 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews*
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but any flavor works)
  • assorted sliced fresh fruit

Instructions

1. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don’t mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don’t have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)
  2. Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
  3. Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides.
  4. Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.

Notes

1. Make Ahead Instructions: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
  2. Dates: Instead of dates, try 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
  3. Nuts: Instead of cashews, try walnuts. A smooth, softer nut is best. I don’t recommend almonds. Use salted nuts for a salty/sweet crust.

Keywords: greek yogurt fruit tart, healthy fruit tart

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart-- gluten free and ready in less than 30 minutes!

Comments are closed.

1. Such a pretty tart! Well done Sally and i love that its healthy 🙂

1. Fruit tarts are my wife’s favorite dessert, but she had given them up because they are so laden in fat. I think she’d eat it! Particularly if I made if for her. Don’t know if I’m capable of arranging the fruit on top quite like you did, I guess I can always ask my mom to help.

2. This looks killer amazing, Sally! What a great way to enjoy the sweet flavors of summer while staying bikini ready!

3. I love it! It’s almost like a parfait in a much cuter outfit. 🙂 That crust is brilliant!

4. Erin @ Miss Scrambled Egg says:

This fruit tart is right up my alley. I like that it’s portable since some parfaits are difficult to transport. This is the perfect jumpstart to a busy day and it’s beautiful as well. 🙂

5. Neeli @ Neeli's Unique Creations says:

Ooh, this looks delicious, something that I can get down with. Cashews are my favorite nut, and I’m really starting to love dates. What a tasty looking and healthy breakfast idea.

6. I love this crust idea…I’ve been making gluten-free pie crusts with Chex crumbs (since there are so many flavors that are gluten-free), but yours is great since it’s actually healthy and provides protein! The tart is perfect for Easter…so much beautiful fruit! I love your photographs 🙂

1. I love Chex cereal. What a great addition to make a GF pie crust Caley! Genius, I tell ya.

7. What a pretty tart! And only a few ingredients to make it! 🙂

8. Maryea {happy healthy mama} says:

Yum!! Date and nut crusts are my fave and I love the green yogurt filling–what a great idea! I think my kids would love this. They’d think they were eating pie for breakfast. 🙂

9. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness says:

A protein packed dessert? SAY WHAT?! I am totally in love with this idea! Who would have thought I can have my tart AND eat it too! Perfect recipe Sally – pinned! 😀

10. Why have I never thought of this? This is the crust I use for vegan “cheesecakes”…so dumb I never thought to add yogurt and fruit. SUCH A YUMMY IDEA!!! This is totally going on…especially once all of the fruit really starts hitting the stores!

Thanks so much for sharing this!!!

11. Heather - Butter & Burlap says:

Uhhh.. YUM. I wish I was eating this for breakfast right NOW! This would be a perfect cute & colorful dessert for Easter (I’m all about finding some colorful and delicious Easter recipes right now). Wowza this one looks good! I’ve never thought to make a “crust” like that – of course, now I have to try it! I know you say to like the bottom with parchment paper, but do you have to apply any cooking spray at all? Great recipe, Sally!

1. Cooking spray before the parchment– this helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust in easier!

12. Mary Ann @ the beach house kitchen says:

Sally, this tart looks and sounds amazing!! I am thinking it may be the perfect Easter dessert!

13. Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday says:

Beautiful, delicious, and healthy! Wow, this looks incredible. I love fruit + Greek yogurt, and this is such a creative way to enjoy them together. 😀

14. Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says:

This looks amazing! I love eating something that is healthy that really seems like it is really decadent….especially for breakfast!

15. This looks delicious and I am going to try making it this week for Passover – no flour so it’s perfect! Quick question – why the parchment paper? Will the sticky crust be hard to spread onto the parchment? When you serve it, does the paper stick to the bottom of the pieces and end up on the plate? Could you use nonstick spray instead of the parchment paper or would that give it a yucky taste? Thanks. LOVE the blog!

1. The crust is sticky and will stick to the pan, so I recommend parchment. Nonstick spray is OK too, but I don’t like its taste directly on uncooked food. You can spray the pan with nonstick spray then add the parchment. This makes spreading the crust into the pan easier.

16. I would have spent about 3 hours decorating this pizza haha! I would make smiley faces and all sorts of dorky things. I love traditional fruit pizzas (Sugar cookie dough!!!), but the fact this has cashews in the crust makes me REALLY happy. Favorite nuts, for sure. (TWSS?)

1. The smiley face! Totally doing that next time.

17. Nurfatma Perveen says:

Damn, I submitted accidentally. This fruit tart is soon pretty. It’s really a pleasure to look at. I cannot wait to try it. I was wondering though if the Greek Yogurt could be replaced with whipped cream? Thanks 😉

1. Whipped cream would be great!

18. Looks so fresh and deeelicious! ❤

19. It looks so unbelievable delicious, can’t believe how simple it is!!
    Xo Jenny

20. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says:

Love the crust for this! I just made breakfast bars using dates and fell in love.

21. Lena | la fille lumineuse says:

I’m amazed at how easy this is to make! Although it actually looks quite complex and time-consuming to create with all these gorgeous fruits on top ♥

22. Karen @ On the Banks of Salt Creek says:

I love fruit tarts. They just scream summer to me.
    The Greek yogurt idea is killer.

23. Teresa Young says:

Yum! This looks so pretty and delicious, Sally! I just love berry season, and this tart has a rainbow of my favorite fruits.

24. The Domestic Rebel says:

I love this idea, Sally! The Greek yogurt must add such incredible flavor to this tart. Love your fruit design, too!

25. Serioulsy the most stunning picture I’ve ever seen! You really do eat with your eyes first!

I will be making this for Easter brunch! Thanks, Sally!

1. Well, thank you Christina! What a compliment!

26. Emma {Emma's Little Kitchen} says:

Tart for Breakfast? I’m SO in!

27. Laura @ Beautyofbaking.com says:

Love this idea! I can’t wait to try for a weekend breakfast!

28. Oooooh this looks amazing! So pretty and colourful, what a great idea for breakfast!

29. Oh my goodness! Something so refreshing about seeing fresh fruit – it’s just so naturally appealing with all the colours! I am definitely about to pin this so I can come back to it later. So perfect for spring get togethers 🙂
    xoxox, B.

30. Julia @ Sprinkled With Jules says:

This is so pretty! I just made a greek yogurt fruit pizza. This is a great idea!

1 2 3