The only thing better than drop sugar cookies is a GIANT SUGAR COOKIE! Like, practically-the-size-of-my-head cookie. A big, soft, fluffy sugar cookie stuffed with sprinkles. A TON of sprinkles.
This XXL cookie is so simple. Seriously! Just throw reduced amounts of sugar cookie ingredients into a small bowl, stir, throw in the sprinkles, bake and BOOM! You’ve got yourself a cookie big enough to share. Well, if you feel like sharing.
This cookie literally melts in your mouth. It’s fluffy, soft, sweet, thick, chewy, and buttery… pretty much all of my cookie requirements.
XXL Buttery Soft Sugar Cookie
Makes 1 large cookie, perfect for sharing. Or not!
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (crack the egg, beat it, and use 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the butter and sugar together until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and sprinkles until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared cookie sheet into a tall ball (see picture above). Bake for 14-16 minutes until the edges are browned. The center may appear undone but that's what you want. It will firm up. Allow to cool completely ON the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.