Jellybean Sugar Cookies.
Need a last minute Easter treat? These simple, quick sugar cookies are amazingly luscious, soft, and buttery with a hint of almond from the almond extract I threw in. Of course, you may use vanilla extract if you don’t have almond.
These cookies are made in only 1 bowl and take less than 20 minutes. 10 minute prep time, 10 minute bake time. Does it get any better?
Jellybean Sugar Cookies
Yield: 24-30 small cookies
The cutest (and easiest!) Easter treat.
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bag jellybeans (you will have some leftover)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat in egg yolk, almond extract, baking powder, and salt. Add flour, and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough in teaspoon size balls and bake for 10-11 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet or silicone baking mat. *Watch them closely at the 10 minute mark. Do NOT let cookies brown.
- While cookies are cooling, gently press a jellybean into the center. Be careful, as pressing too hard will crack the cookie. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.