3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars.

I’m the kind of gal who prefers vanilla over chocolate.  It’s true! I’m a sucker for funfetti and vanilla frosting over devil’s food any day.

But today I bring you a chocolate bar that I could seriously eat everyday for the rest of my life.  And I wouldn’t even have to feel guilty about it because they are completely vegan, and have heart-healthy-shiny-hair-stress relieving fats from coconut oil. Read here for more health benefits of coconut oil.

sidenote: there is no underlying coconut taste in these bars. So even if you loathe coconut, no fret! You won’t be able to taste it.

These bars took me a 5 whopping minutes to make. Make sure to store these in the fridge because coconut oil is almost liquid at room temperature. Feel free to add more or less splenda/agave/honey.  Adjust the sweetness to your tastes. Using honey or agave will produce a smoother chocolate bar (though with honey they’d no longer be vegan).  Splenda makes the bars lighter in color and a bit grainy.  I didn’t mind it though! Go by your taste preference.

Vegan Chocolate Bars

This recipe is easy & quick. The dark chocolate bars are perfect for when you want something sweet!

Mix together melted coconut oil with splenda (or agave/honey). Add cocoa powder and stir well for at least 3-4 minutes. You want the mixture to be extra thick.  Pour into a parchment paper-lined flat container (I used a 5 inch square ramekin). Stick in the freezer until solid (about 30 minutes) and chop into pieces or bars. Store in the fridge, since coconut oil is almost liquid at room temperature.

Sally's Tip: If you do not wish to use artificial sweeteners to your recipes, give agave or honey (will no longer be vegan if using honey) a try instead of the splenda. Using agave/honey will produce a smoother chocolate bar.

from Chocolate Covered Katie

Another healthy way I like to eat my chocolate is my Homemade Chewy Fudge Granola Bars:

my Dark Chocolate Cherry Nutella Granola

and these Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies :)

Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies

112 Responses to “3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars.”

Guinposted September 27, 2014 at 7:54 am

Hi Sally! I am just wondering what the texture of these bars is. Are they quite hard, or chewy? I’d like to chop them into small pieces as an add-in for chocolate ice cream. Will they be very hard and crunchy in the ice cream? Thanks.

• Sallyreplied on September 28th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Depending how thin you make them, the chocolate bars are hard.

• pattyreplied on October 7th, 2015 at 6:59 pm

do you know how many carbs or calories are in the vegan choc bars??

Janaposted October 13, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I would love to try these, but they can’t be carb free… How many carbs do they have?

Annaposted October 24, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Is Baking Cocoa the same as Unsweetened Cocoa Powder?

Enyaposted December 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

Hi! Just a question, will these melt easily if I take them out of the fridge? :) How long do they usually stay solid at room temp?

mananposted January 8, 2015 at 6:44 am

can we put some chopped almonds

Tiandaposted February 1, 2015 at 10:57 pm

hi sally, i have made these before and they are absolutely delicious! i’m making some granola bars and my husband wants the chocolate on top but i have no coconut oil and can’t get any till friday so i was wondering can i use olive oil? i’m not going to be freezing the chocolate i’m just going to make it and then put a layer on top of the granola bars and put them in the fridge. Will it still work that way?

Stacyposted February 11, 2015 at 2:18 am

I am so incredibly happy with this recipe!!! I saw that one other commenter had considered adding peanut butter and you suggested about 1/4 cup… So I added 1/4 cup almond butter and it was phenomenal!!! I used agave for the sweetener which went well with the almond flavor. Your recipes are a huge blessing. Thank you for all you do!

Judyposted February 24, 2015 at 1:40 pm

amazing..delicious, easy and unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliviaposted July 5, 2015 at 8:42 am

I just made these and omg I love it! I made mine with honey because it was handy and it tastes divine! It’s so hard not to eat the whole lot in one sitting!!!! Thank you Sally!

Arethaposted September 12, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Can I use this to make vegan chocolate chip cookies???

1. Pingback: skinny peanut butter swirl brownies.

2. Pingback: Mugs Adventures in Baking: “Healthy” Banana Bread « The Life of Mugs