Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge.

cake batter fudge-2

If you follow Sally’s Baking Addiction on facebook, you may remember me posting about this fudge last week.  I’m a new featured publisher for the network and this fudge was my first entry, so I shared it on my facebook page. It was so popular, made my pictures and recipe into a short video!

I made this fudge for a few celebratory reasons. Not only was I celebrating my debut on, but it is my birthday this weekend!This fudge is so easy to make.  5 minutes of prep, 1 hour of chilling, and you’re done.  No oven, no mixer, no sweat, no fret!  This cake batter fudge combines cake mix from a box, powdered sugar, butter, milk, white chocolate chips, and a ton of sprinkles.

Life…is just better with sprinkles.

I made this fudge with both yellow cake mix and white cake mix.  Both versions are equally as tasty.  The yellow version (above) has more of a yellowish tint and the white version (below) is purely white.  I love them both!

Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge

This no-bake fudge, full of cake batter flavor, is so easy and delicious, you’ll want to make it time and time again. Makes 36 squares. Store in the refrigerator.

• 2 cups + 2 Tbsp Betty Crocker Supermoist white or yellow cake mix (or any brand white or yellow cake mix)
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles

Spray 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.

Mix together cake mix and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add milk and butter (do not stir them in) and microwave for 2 minutes. Once done, immediately begin mixing everything together until the butter is fully melted. The batter will be very thick. Fold in white chocolate and sprinkles. Stir gently. You do not want the sprinkles to leak their color.

Spoon into prepared baking pan, making sure it is level and smooth at the top. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy.

Recipe adapted from girl meets life

XXL Buttery Soft Sugar Cookie would be perfect for celebrating a birthday too.

This cookie is over-the-top huge, soft, fluffy, and not hard like some sugar cookies out there.

It’s also chock-full of SPRINKLES! :)

Like today’s fudge, my Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies are also full of cake batter flavor!

I love the HUGE Golden Oreo chunks in there!

My Loaded Sugar Cookie Bars are always a hit at parties!

I like to throw in any add-ins I have on hand – M&Ms, sprinkles, peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, you name it!

133 Responses to “Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge.”

Nordicposted November 14, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Just made a batch with a teaspoon of bubble gum extract. Very, very tasty.

Kabyposted November 30, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Okay so I have a question I’m not clear on do we melt the white chocolate?

• Sallyreplied on December 1st, 2013 at 9:54 am

You don’t. In step two (2nd paragraph in the recipe) is says “Fold in white chocolate and sprinkles. Stir gently.”

Sharleenposted December 11, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Help…I’m making these now for a potluck dinner for tomorrow and all I have in the house is UNsalted butter. Think that will make a difference? Should I add salt to the dry mix to make up for the lack of salt in the butter? Unfortunately, I cannot get out to buy salted butter. Thank you so much for your response…

• Sallyreplied on December 11th, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Hi Sharleen! I make this fudge with unsalted butter sometimes too. It makes no difference in the overall taste. You could add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, but the fudge will still be very sweet no matter what. So yes, you may use unsalted.

Torreposted December 18, 2013 at 2:51 pm

OEMGEE, I just made this for gifts for my kids teachers for Christmas and 1. it was SO easy 2. It tastes AMAZEBALLS. Well done!

Stephposted January 6, 2014 at 3:03 pm

So I am obsessed with everything sprinkles+white chocolate+cake batter!!! This recipe blew my mind and I have nearly an hour left of the fudge chilling before we can dive in! Thanks very much for your post and I’ll comment how they turned out! (anxiously watching the clock)lol

• Sallyreplied on January 6th, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Can’t wait for you to try it, Steph! Enjoy!

Olivia Helmposted February 1, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Hi Sally! This recipe looks delicious, as well as your chocolate chip cookie dough fudge! Would I, by chance, be able to use gluten free cake mix in these? If I did use it, would the texture be off? I’m wanting to make this for my teacher, who has Celiac’s Disease, which requires her to be gluten free. Thank you!

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I’ve never tried it before, but I’m sure GF mix will work just fine.

Jacobposted February 8, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I just made this and my fudge seemed incredibly soft (the same consistency as cookie dough). Is it supposed to be this way? Full disclosure, I did replace the butter with an equivalent amount of Shedd’s Spread (to reduce calories), I’m not sure if this would affect it.

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Yes, that would be why. You want full fat butter. Your fudge did not set up properly with buttery spread.

• Jacobreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Okay, that’s what I figured, but I’ll still eat it very quickly! Still delicious, and now I know better for next time. I guess some things just aren’t meant to be healthy (or at least less unhealthy)

Danielleposted February 18, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Would using margarine change consistency also?

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2014 at 9:13 am

Yes. Stick to butter.

Zoe111posted February 21, 2014 at 12:26 am

Hi Sally! Love your recipe!! Just aboutto start making this yummy birthday cake fudge!!!
    Just a question… Could I place the fudge in a silicon cake tin/tray?? Will the fudge still set?? :) :) :)

• Zoe111replied on February 21st, 2014 at 2:33 am

***I ended up useing a slice tin just to be on the safe side*** 😉

Your recipe looks&sounds AMAZEING Sally! Keep up the good work!!!!
      Cant wait until the fudge sets to try it!!!!

Also,just wondering where I can buy your cook book? & if it contains all your funfetti recipes?

Rebecca rainesposted April 5, 2014 at 1:54 pm
    Melissa @ Bless this Messposted May 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I made this last night and just used the funfetti cake mix and put extra sprinkles on top. DELICIOUS and stinkin’ easy. Thanks girl, the recipe is a keeper!

Jeanneposted July 25, 2014 at 9:50 am

Hi Sally, I do love sprinkles too! But there are a lot of sprinkles recipes on your blog, can I ask you which recipe do you like the most?

Kichiposted August 27, 2014 at 6:34 am

Hi Sally! i soooooo love your recipes. it looks so pretty and delicious and it’s so easy to follow. i wanna try your Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge soon for my family but unfortunately, our microwave’s not working :( it says in your directions that the cake mix together with the milk and butter should be placed in the microwave for about 2 minutes.. can i just heat in the stove instead of the microwave? will it work? or was my idea silly? 😛 I really really like to make it… thanks and looking forward to your other recipes :*

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 7:50 am

Stove will definitely work to melt it all together.

• Kichireplied on August 27th, 2014 at 9:28 pm

thanks 😀

• Lauren and Alicereplied on June 23rd, 2015 at 11:49 am

I love this it’s a good desert me and my aunt mada it and it turned out pretty good

yenta1957posted September 6, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Sounds so easy! I only buy/use unsalted butter, so I’m wondering if I’m able to just add salt to the recipe. If so how much?

Lorenposted September 16, 2014 at 4:52 pm

This sounds delicious. Slightly confused though. If I buy a boxed cake mix do I make it up as the instructions on the box say or am I literally mixing the powder in with the other bits : )

Please help I need to eat this xx

• Sallyreplied on September 16th, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Literally mixing the powder. Enjoy!

Chrisposted October 10, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Anyone have any recommendations on what to do with the leftover cake mix?

• Sarah Breplied on March 4th, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I’d hang onto it if you happen to have a kitchen scale (and the space in your pantry). Most (“outside the box”) older cake mix recipes call for the old 18,25 ounce boxes of cake mix — impossible to find these days unless you want to spend a fortune on Amazon. This recipe is a dream for that sort of thing. You can use the leftover cake mix from this recipe, and augment the smaller contemporary boxes (which are usually 15-16+ ounces these days) to bring your amount back to the original 18 or so that is called for in so many cake mix recipes.

Casieposted January 2, 2015 at 1:46 pm

I made this with the white cake mix and it turned out great! I followed the recipe exactly as it was and it was so yummy and pretty. You really do have to be careful not to over stir or the color will start to run from the sprinkles. Next time I am going to refrigerate the sprinkles before adding the to the fudge. I think that may give you a little more stir time.

Going to try making this gluten free next time with Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Cake Mix. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Jessicaposted January 5, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Do you have to use the white chocolate chips?

• Sallyreplied on January 5th, 2015 at 4:09 pm

They are optional.

Amyposted January 13, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I made this fudge for my co-workers who went crazy for it! WOW! The taste of this in INCREDIBLE! Especially if you like birthday cake 😉 I used the white chocolate chips and so glad I did. I also couldn’t believe how easy this was to make. Thanks Sally! Yummo!

Wessam zakiposted February 7, 2015 at 5:14 pm

hi… I know this sounds drastic
    but what happens if I totally omit the sugar
    or maybe decrease

why is it needed anyway

isn’t it going to be toooo sugary with adding sugar?
    thank u!

appreciate your reply

Sarah Georgeposted February 8, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Hi Sally! Do you know how I could bake this in an oven, since I do not own a microwave? Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2015 at 8:27 am

Sarah, I recommend using a stove for the microwave step. Do not use an oven.

shawnaposted March 11, 2015 at 12:08 pm

These will be great for my daughter colorful birthday bash, it’s still 7 weeks away but I’d like to prep, do these freeze well?

• Sallyreplied on March 11th, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Yep! Up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.

Monica L.posted March 29, 2015 at 8:00 am

Hi! I was wondering if condensed milk could replace the milk in the recipe?

• Sallyreplied on March 29th, 2015 at 8:12 am

That works, yes!

Melissa S.posted June 8, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Hi , I was just wondering if I need to stir the White chips until completely melted? Thanks

Joshuaposted August 22, 2015 at 10:28 am

Can I use margarine instead of butter?

Katieposted August 29, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Love this recipe!! It tastes amazing! I use this as my base recipe for other flavors as well, carrot cake, red velvet, etc. Thanks!

Erinposted November 24, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Great recipe, I saw a YouTuber make this and by the looks of their faces, it was really good haha. I tried it out last night and it ended up being really gooey? I don’t know what I did wrong. The only thing I changed was to use unsalted butter and no white chocolate. I fridged it for 2 hrs and it was still gooey and I left it overnight. I took it out and it was still gooey. What should I do the next time I make this?