Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lovers’ Cookies.
Peanut butter lovers rejoice! I’ve got one insanely peanut butter-y cookie recipe that will take down even the most intense peanut butter craving. Loaded with creamy peanut butter, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and honey roasted peanuts… this cookie is not for the faint of heart.
This recipe bakes up extremely THICK, puffy, and soft peanut butter cookies. I can assure you, this is one cookie recipe that will NOT disappoint. It’s the same basic recipe I used for my Peanut Butter Sweethearts and Peanut Butter M&M Cookies awhile back. Any reader who has ever written in about this peanut butter cookie recipe has told me they are hooked. And… so am I.
These cookies are nothing like the traditional hard, crunchy peanut butter cookies you are used to. The exact opposite, in fact. They are so soft that they will literally melt in your mouth. A peanut butter cookie recipe GOLDMINE.
The cookies can be made in only ONE bowl. Yep, only 1 mixing bowl is needed for the dough. Hello easy clean up! I love that.
AND they are not overly sweet. The entire cookie recipe only has 3/4 cup sugar. There’s enough sweetness with all those add-ins, ya heard me?
So I made these peanut butter overloaded cookies for a very specific reason yesterday. I had a massive peanut butter craving. Like the kind of peanut butter craving that a spoon to the jar couldn’t even fix…! I needed crazy, multi-layered, complex bites of peanut butter. Peanut butter in all forms. Peanut butter from every angle. Peanut butter NOW.
My soft peanut butter cookie recipe instantly came to mind. I grabbed all of the peanut butter-y add-ins I had in my pantry and went to town.
The honey roasted peanuts provide an amazing crunchy contrast to the soft cookie. The super tiny peanut butter cups offer a little chocolate surprise in each bite. And the soft, melty peanut butter chips only enhance all the creamy peanut butter in the dough.
This is one extreme peanut butter cookie. Needless to say, my peanut butter craving was satisfied after a couple of these peanut butter cookie bombs. I would say I’m all peanut butter-ed out for awhile, but I would never lie to you.
Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lovers' Cookies
Soft + thick peanut butter cookies loaded with all your peanut butter favorites!
Yield: 3 dozen small cookies
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups (160g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (64g) honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (100g) mini peanut butter cups (OR fun size or regular size peanut butter cups, chopped)
- 1/2 cup (90g) peanut butter baking chips
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the peanuts, peanut butter cups, and peanut butter chips. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Remover dough from the refrigerator. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes so you can easily roll it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or silpat. Gently press down to slightly flatten. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy! Cookies stay fresh stored covered at room temperature for up to 7 days.
*If using unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
For all my fellow Peanut Butter Lovers, check these recipes out!
121 Responses to “Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lovers’ Cookies.”
Pingback: chewy butterfinger cookies
Pingback: peanut butter fudge brownie cups.