Best Breakfast Recipes.

A round-up of some of my favorite breakfast recipes on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Several favorite breakfast recipes all in one place. Find the easy recipes at sallysbakingaddiction.com

I recently began to follow the National Food Holidays. Did you now that September is National Better Breakfast month? No? Neither did I!

Up until earlier this summer, I had no clue that National Cold Cuts Day (March 3rd), Something on a Stick Day (March 28th), and National Noodle Day (Oct 6) even existed! I did, however, know that National Margarita Day (Feb 20th) was a real thing.  Because well… you know.

This whole better breakfast thing leaves me confused. “Better Breakfast” as in better-for-you breakfast? Or “Better Breakfast” as in better-looking breakfast? Or Better-not-eat-this-for-breakfast? I’m not on board with all this ambiguity.

Regardless, here are a few breakfast ideas to start your day. Easy and quick recipes because let’s face it… who has time for anything more?  You’ll find healthy granola and granola bars for the busy workweek, muffins, donuts, and cinnamon rolls for those leisurely mornings. I’m sure we can all find something to celebrate this better breakfast month before it’s over!

1) Mini Cinnamon Buns – No yeast required!

Mini Cinnamon Buns - no yeast required! Quick and easy recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

2) Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins

Fat Free Strawberry Banana Muffins. 90 calories each! Easy recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

3) Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel. Easy recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

4) Baked Cinnamon Bun Donuts with Vanilla Glaze

Low Fat Cinnamon Bun Donuts. Baked, not fried! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

5)  Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Simple Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Easy (and healthy!) recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

6) Spiced Apple Cider Donut Holes

Baked Apple Cider Donuts. Simple recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

7) Breakfast Cookies (healthy and wholesome!)

Breakfast Cookies. Wholesome, healthy, and simple! Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

8) Super Crumb Coffee Cake

Super Crumb Coffee Cake. Buttery, moist, and piled high with crumb topping. Recipe by sallysbakingaddiction.com

9) Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Lemon Glaze

Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Lemon Glaze. Delicious recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

10) Easy Cinnamon Rolls (from scratch)

Everyone loves these easy cinnamon rolls. Made 100% from scratch. Only 1 rise. Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

11) Skinny Chocolate Banana Fudge Muffins

Skinny Chocolate Banana Fudge Muffins by Sallys Baking Addiction

12) Crunchy Pumpkin Spice Granola

Crunchy Pumpkin Spice Granola. Easy recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

13) Chewy Fudge Granola Bars

Chewy No-Bake Fudge Granola Bars. Love these! Easy recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

14) Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins

Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins. Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com

Q: How do you start your day?

My days usually start pretty healthy. Fruit is almost always involved! Whatever I’m eating, I must always have my large mug of french vanilla coffee too. ;)

35 Responses to “Best Breakfast Recipes.”

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted September 27, 2012 at 5:31 am

I start the day worrying about my daughter’s breakfast and getting her out the door…as a mom, she’s all I care about and whatever I grab, I grab. And usually it’s coffee :) Great reminders on these and LOVE the opening pic with the red and the big vertical shot. So pretty, Sally!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thank you Averie! You’re my #1 support when it comes to photos. I hardly give myself enough time to dry my hair (b/c NO ONE wants to see my hair air-dry… trust me…), let alone make a gourmet breakfast during the week. Granola is my life saver. And coffee… duh!

Laraposted September 27, 2012 at 6:43 am

Good Morning :D I don’t usually eat baked things for breakfast….I make my children something hearty most every morning while I drink coffee. I always seem to feel better if I eat an egg so that’s pretty much my standard. Made your mini pumpkin muffins last night! They are being eaten as I type! Thanks for the great collaboration! I have to try the cinnamon buns!!

• Larareplied on September 27th, 2012 at 6:47 am

oops…p.s…..doing a blog post about them today :D

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 11:43 am

Hi Lara! I’m so glad you made the pumpkin mini muffins! They are so yummy and easy too! Those cinnamon buns were a HUGE hit with my friends. They are also SO easy to make. And they are too cute and tiny. :)

• Larareplied on September 27th, 2012 at 11:51 am

I did the blog post about them……I hope you like it ok :) Thanks Sally!!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

love it! Thanks lara :)

Aimee @ ShugarySweetsposted September 27, 2012 at 6:55 am

Great collection of breakfasts Sally! Unless cookies count as breakfast, I rarely eat any around here. Maybe a Luna Bar with my coffee! I love the energy bites :)

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 11:40 am

LOVE luna bars! my favorite is the chocolate coconut and the nutz over chocolate :)

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted September 27, 2012 at 7:21 am

I didn’t know September was National Breakfast Month but I’m glad you brought it up! You are making me drool with all these awesome recipes here! I always start my day with some coffee (roasted at home!) and what I eat varies…but it’s often either oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, or an egg or two!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 11:39 am

my breakfasts always have fruit too! And coffee… duh! always :)

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted September 27, 2012 at 8:25 am

I would say these are all better breakfasts!

Erikaposted September 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

All of these recipes look fabulous! I love those mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins.

My favorite on the go breakfast is a banana and crunchy peanut butter, but I also love peanut butter oatmeal or some Greek yogurt with berries and Kashi if I have a little more time :)

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am

greek yogurt and berries – i haven’t had that in awhile, but I love the plain mixed with raspberries! :)

Cassieposted September 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

Great list, Sally! I have been eating (well, drinking) green smoothies for breakfast and I love them. But now I want some sweets!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 11:38 am

smoothies are my go-to breakfasts (and post-run snacks) most of the time – except on weekends. :)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted September 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

If Kevin doesn’t put a ring on it, I will. I want to wake up with all these yummies for breakfast! The colors! The textures! The miniature cake batter cinnamon rolls. Girl, you’re an awesome baker and I totalllly want every.single.thing right now on my breakfast plate!

Meghan @ After the Ivy Leagueposted September 27, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love your recipe round-ups! I’ve made your oatmeal cookie granola (and it was fabulous) but I’m ashamed to say that’s the only one I’ve tried so far! If only I had a family of 5 to feed instead of just me, hmph. I think your mini cinnamon buns are next on my list. I’ve had the strongest craving for cinnamony things ever since fall hit!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Hi Meghan! :) I’m glad you like my recipe roundups! I love that granola – it’s a wonderful “basic” granola recipe. IF you try any others, let me know. Can’t wait to check out your PUMPKIN granola!

Aliposted September 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm

WHAT?! National Better Breakfast Month?! I can’t believe I didn’t know this. Breakfast is my thing… It’s by far my favorite meal of the day, and I’m obsessed with pancakes and cereal.
    THANK YOU for informing me of this splendid holiday!
    I should probably go make your cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins to celebrate, right?

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted September 27, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I always skip breakfast…I really need to get better with that! I end up overeating for lunch because I’m starving by that time. I want to try that oatmeal raisin cookie granola!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

i’m guilty of skipping it sometimes too and just drinking coffee! So terrible. We need to get better with that. :)

Laura Dembowskiposted September 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm

When I was in school, I never ate breakfast. I didn’t have the time or hunger at six in the morning. But now, I always make sure to take some time every morning for a nice breakfast. It’s always something sweet, typically a muffin. These are all great ideas!

• Sallyreplied on September 27th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

My mom always makes me muffins when I visit her. I relaly should make them more often! I have a couple recipes coming up for them though :)

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted September 27, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I check that website periodically for random food holidays, so fun in a silly sort of way! Love the delicious breakfast recipe roundup. Most weekday mornings I eat something quick like yogurt or toast, but when I have time on the weekends I’m a total pancake girl!

• Sallyreplied on September 28th, 2012 at 5:15 am

i haven’t made pancakes in SUCH a long time! You’re inspiring me. Maybe pumpkin pancakes this weekend. Have a great Friday Liz!!

Christina @Sweet Pea's Kitchenposted September 27, 2012 at 11:04 pm

All of these look so good, I don’t know where to start! Those Baked Cinnamon Bun Donuts are calling my name! ;)

• Sallyreplied on September 28th, 2012 at 5:18 am

lol that’s a good way to start miss christina. my most favorite of the bunch :)

Nicole @ Lapetitebakerposted September 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm

This recipe lineup is making me wish it was the weekend already! So I could have a breakfast bake a thon.

• Sallyreplied on September 28th, 2012 at 5:19 am

ugh I know! I don’t have time during the week to make most of these. Tomorrow I might add to this list and make pancakes. :) Thanks Nicole!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girlposted September 27, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I love this round-up, Sally. Now, if you would only come here and bake up some of these yummies for me to grab on my way out the door to work! :-) The only thing I HAVE to have is my coffee thermos, with fresh roasted/ground coffee from our local spice market. And since I’m usually rushing getting my kiddo ready for school, I grab a packet of instant oatmeal and an apple to eat when I get to work. This stuff looks waaaaay better.

• Sallyreplied on September 28th, 2012 at 5:21 am

coffee is the only thing I HAVE to have too. sometimes I skip breakfast all together, which is NO good! I haven’t had oatmeal in awhile, but now that you mention it… i’m kind of craving it. Especially as the mornings get chillier here :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted September 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm

What an amazing round-up! I seriously need to make all of these one-by-one, or I can make all of them at once and have a breakfast buffet :)

Arshiaposted May 10, 2013 at 2:44 am

Chanced upon your blog while searching for Granola Bars recipes. You should have named this “SallysDroolPool”….everything looks sooooooo yummmm and delicious! I Simply enjoyed going through your recipes and the amazing photography. Keep making us drool…. :-)

• Sallyreplied on May 10th, 2013 at 5:59 am

Sally’s Drool Pool – haha I love it! Thanks Arshia, I’m glad you found my website!