My Bridal Shower.

Sally's Bridal Shower-2

Today is moving day! The big move up to our new home in Philadelphia. I’m currently swimming in boxes and regretting all the shoes and dishes I own.

Instead of a new recipe, I’m sharing some special photos with you while we’re busy moving. These photos are taken by my dear friend Megan of Megan Brodie Photography. Megan’s the friend who taste tested this popular recipe. She’s a CPA by day and an amazingly talented photographer by night (and weekend).

If you’re in the Baltimore/DC area, you have to look into Megan Brodie for wedding photography, engagement photos, portraits, anything!

She brought her camera to the bridal shower and worked her magic. Thank you for capturing this special day, Megan! The bridal shower was at my future sister-in-law’s (Kerry’s) house. I can’t thank you enough, Kerry!

Bridal Shower-16

Bridal Shower-15

Bridal Shower-19

My adorably awesome flower girl, Lily. She’s my best friend’s (Amy’s) daughter.

Bridal Shower-25

Bridal Shower-20

I highly recommend a mimosa bar at your next shower.

For obvious reasons!!

Bridal Shower-5
Mimosa Bar-2

Mimosa Bar-4

Mimosa Bar

Pink grapefruit + champagne + adorable straws = best Sunday ever.

Bridal Shower2

Bridal Shower-10

Oh my gosh, the food. All made by Kerry, except for the crab – they were from a local restaurant. Kerry made a few of my favorites. Two kinds of quiche, bruschetta, an amazing corn tomato mozzarella salad (need to get her recipe!), hummus and veggies.

(My bridesmaids definitely know about my addiction to hummus.)

Bridal Shower-8

Bridal Shower-9
Bridal Shower-11

Bridal Shower-12

Time for dessert. Several of my favorites! Lots of peanut M&Ms, a giant bowl of fruit salad, chocolate covered pretzels, and peanut butter cups in the shape of hearts (duh).

Also, my mom arranged cannolis and chocolates on a new serving platter – the serving platter was a gift to me. Moms always have the cutest ideas.

Mimosa Bar-3

Dessert Table

Time for gifts…

Bridal Shower-6

Bridal Shower-24

Bridal Shower-21

Time for group shots of my friends and fam. This is Amy and Lily.

Bridal Shower-22

Miss Erin… this little guy’s mom. I’m obsessed with her pineapple dress.

Bridal Shower-23

My sistas.

By the way, we’re all S’s. Saundra, Sarah, Sally. And Kevin’s family are all K’s. :)

Bridal Shower-26

My future sisters and Mama Baking Addiction.

Bridal Shower 9

A little favor for the guests to say “bunches of thanks” for coming.

These decorated sugar cookies are made by my friend Lisa at South Avenue Sweets. They are the best sugar cookies in the world! They stay soft for days and days.

I neeeeeed her recipe.

Bridal Shower-13

Bridal Shower-14

All above photography © Megan Brodie Photography. Love you, Megan!

Kevin came to pick me up. I crack up seeing this photo of us, Lily, and my hair…

June photo a day-38

Bridal Shower8

(Kevin’s not wearing an actual bracelet, he had gone to a motorcycle show earlier.)

For my outfit, I went with the gold wedges – thank you for your input, Instagram followers! My ivory dress is from Anthropologie; I bought it about 4 years ago. I had forgotten about it until I started packing. Saved me a trip to the mall. (…I hate the mall.)

Thanks again to my maids of honor, mom, bridesmaids, future MIL, Megan, and other best friends who celebrated with me that beautiful Sunday! I’m so blessed to have you all in my life. Only 2.5 months until the big day!  ♥

104 Responses to “My Bridal Shower.”

jenna @ just j.fayeposted July 8, 2014 at 11:38 pm

It looks (and sounds!) like you had an amazing shower! So, so beautiful. Congrats! Also, good luck on the move.

• Sallyreplied on July 9th, 2014 at 7:10 am

Thanks Jenna!

Tieghanposted July 8, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Such a gorgeous show, that fist photo of flowers is so pretty! Congrats Sally!! You look so happy! :)

Shiran @ Pretty. Simple. Sweet.posted July 9, 2014 at 2:22 am

It looks awesome Sally! You look so happy! Congratulations!

Alexe @ Keys to the Cucinaposted July 9, 2014 at 10:28 am

Congrats, Sally! When is the big day? And yes, mimosa bars are amazing and I definitely want one at my shower too :)

• Sallyreplied on July 9th, 2014 at 1:40 pm

September 20th. :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca)posted July 9, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Beautiful shower!!

Steph Grinwaldposted July 9, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Oh my goodness! This look almost exactly like a Pinterest board for my dream bridal shower :) I adore the idea of a mimosa bar; how fun! These photos are beautiful, your friend is an amazing photographer! I hope you are enjoying your new house and what’s left of your wedding planning.

PS LOVE your blog, cookbook, etc. Keep doing what you’re doing please!! :)

• Sallyreplied on July 9th, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Hey Steph! Thank you so much for the sweet comment. The bridal shower was just perfect. It was small and cozy and beautiful. I’m so glad you love my blog and cookbook.

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted July 9, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Oh Sally, that looks like just the sweetest and most magical bridal shower! You looked gorgeous as always, and the photos of your flower girl melted my heart. How precious! And I love how even though you’re incredibly talented in developing your own original recipes, you’re still very humble and request ones from others too. One of the hundreds of things I admire about you!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted July 10, 2014 at 6:12 am

These photos are gorgeous. I love all of the flowers and colors. How cute are those cupcake cookies? Love them! Good luck with the move.

Nicolaposted July 10, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Beautiful photographs, and what stunning vibrant colours in the food and the flowers! Looks like a good time was had by all.

We don’t really do showers over here, but when my German colleague got married, she told me that in her family they all make cake for a buffet at the wedding reception. So before her wedding I organised a cake buffet for her at work. That was a lot of tasty fun!

Hope your move went well…

• Sallyreplied on July 10th, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Yum! A cake buffet sounds amazing Nicola.

Natasha of Natashaskitchen.composted July 12, 2014 at 11:59 pm

such sweet photos! Thanks so much for sharing them :) It awesome to get a glimpse into life outside of cooking. Congratulations; what an exciting, life changing event! Blessings to you!

Kate @ Diethoodposted July 13, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Look at you, gorgeous bride-to-be!!! Your bridal shower looks absolutely stunning! I love the decor!

Congratulations, and I can’t wait to see wedding pics!!

• Sallyreplied on July 13th, 2014 at 6:50 pm

You’re the sweetest Kate – thank you!

lixaposted July 14, 2014 at 9:57 pm

congrates adorable baker!

from Johor, Malaysia

Raquelposted July 16, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Awesome photos Sally! It looks like a perfect day filled with great company and food.