Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart.

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart-- gluten free and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Greetings from St. Louis! Yesterday was my sister’s bridal shower. Great food, friends, family, greeeeeat mimosas! Sarah lives here with her fiancé, Charlie, and two pups. They’re getting married in Baltimore, (where they met) in June. No, the dogs aren’t coming. Trust me I begged.

Before I hopped on the plane Friday morning, I whipped up this healthy breakfast tart. It’s not a typical tart– there’s no added refined sugar, flour, or butter. And YES! It’s seriously tasty. Especially if you love fresh fruit.

This healthy tart is so simple. One of the easiest dishes you’ll throw together considering how pretty (!!) it is. There’s no baking involved and the whole thing comes together in a snap. Slicing the fruit will take you the longest but hey! If you slice the fruit the night before, you’ll have this ready in about 15 minutes.

The tart’s crust is made from two healthy ingredients– nuts and dates. The same main two ingredients used to make these two healthy energy bites recipes. If you don’t have dates, raisins or even dried cranberries make a great replacement. Cashews are preferred for their smooth texture and buttery taste. They combine with the dates much easier to make a smooth, moist crust as opposed to harder nuts like almonds. Walnuts work too! If you have a strong food processor or blender, the crust is easy. Pulse the two ingredients together to make a moist “dough” and press it into a tart pan. Instead of a tart pan, you can use a regular cake pan or pie dish.

Spread Greek yogurt overtop. I use vanilla flavor, but any flavor you like will work. You could use strawberry flavor yogurt and top the tart with mostly fresh strawberries. I’m going to use lemon flavor next. Plain works too! Really, whatever you have or like best.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Now, let your creative juices flow. Top the tart with all the fresh fruit you love. Nothing is off limits here. Make a design or throw it all on top. Or slice it up and let your family/friends/guests/fruit lovers decorate their own.

I had a little too much fun decorating this. Tart nerd.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

So how’s this for a protein-packed breakfast? Or a healthy dessert. It’s my healthier version of traditional fruit pizza or fruit tart and it’s absolutely perfect for Easter morning. Or anytime the sun is shining! Oh, and pair it with sparkling sangria for a truly fruity celebration.

Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Yield: serves 8-10

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Ingredients:

• 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes1
  • 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews2
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but any flavor works)
  • assorted sliced fresh fruit

Directions:

1. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don't mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don't have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)
  2. Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
  3. Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides.
  4. Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.
  5. Make ahead tip: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

1. Instead of dates, try 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
  2. Instead of cashews, try walnuts. A smooth, softer nut is best. I don't recommend almonds. Use salted nuts for a salty/sweet crust.

See more gluten free recipes.

95 Responses to “Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart.”

Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted March 30, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Sally! I can’t wait to try this delicious breakfast tart. I mean, if you can eat tart for breakfast, you should 🙂
    We are having a family morning tea/brunch for Easter and I think I’ll have to bring this along as a healthier contribution (along with my sprinkle coconut ice of course 😉 ) for us all to enjoy!
    We are having great end of summer berries over here and I just know they will be divine with some thick vanilla Greek yoghurt. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe and I hope you have a great time with your sister!

• Sallyreplied on March 30th, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Thanks Amy! You’re going to love this!

Christinaposted March 30, 2015 at 9:36 pm

This recipe looks super delicious and fresh- perfect for spring! I would love to make it but I have a nut allergy. Do you have any substitute suggestions for the cashews in the crust? 🙂

Stacey @ Bake.Eat.Repeat.posted March 30, 2015 at 10:22 pm

What a great idea for a healthy dessert! You could totally have this for breakfast too. I love dessert like things that are healthy enough for breakfast!

Marthaposted March 31, 2015 at 7:06 am

Co za smaczne jedzonko, zjeść takie pachnące świetnie wykonane dania i przede wszystkim profesjonalnie wykonane żarcie, bardzo świetnie połączone kompozycje dań, sally ja też jestem fanką własnoręcznie wykonanych dań a te twoje a przepis na tą tarta chyba każdy by polecił swoim bliskim.

CakeSpyposted March 31, 2015 at 10:53 am

it’s so preeeeeetttttttty. Rainbow food ftw!

Julie - Lovely Little Kitchenposted March 31, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Seriously gorgeous!!! Happy Easter Sally!

Shineeposted April 1, 2015 at 1:43 am

Simply gorgeous! And healthy! That crust is so creative, Sally. I dying to this!

Autumnposted April 1, 2015 at 12:19 pm

This cake looks so delicious and I can’t wait to try it.

Alexposted April 1, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Have a nut allergy in the family, and suggestions for the crust?

Annie @ Annie's Nomsposted April 2, 2015 at 10:18 am

Oh my word Sally, this really is stunning!!! Not sure I’d be able to eat it as it’s so pretty!

Connieposted April 2, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Hi Sally, I made this for breakfast today and it was soooo good! I used the Chobani pineapple yogurt. Both of my kids really loved it! My daughter said it’s the best tart ever and my son said I no longer need to go to a grocery store to buy fruit tart for his birthday because I can make one at home now:) He always wants me to get him a fruit tart for his birthday. Thank you so much for this recipe. Next time, I will try to combine granola and dates for the crust, do you think that will taste good ?

• Sallyreplied on April 3rd, 2015 at 8:31 am

A granola and date crust should work, though I’ve never tried it before Connie! So glad it was such a big hit.

Mariah @ Mariah's Pleasing Platesposted April 2, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Such a beautiful breakfast tart! Love that its healthy! And so beautiful!

Nicolaposted April 4, 2015 at 3:17 am

Hi Sally. I made this pie the other day and it turned out great. I’m always on your blog but this is the first thing I have ever made. It was the fact that it is healthy, only a few ingredients and very pretty that had me making it. xx

Debposted April 5, 2015 at 8:31 am

This looks absolutely amazing (and easy!). Can’t wait to try it — especially the crust! You’re pics are beautiful!

Allysonposted April 5, 2015 at 10:55 am

This is perfection. The photos make me want warm weather here now! and I love your use of ingredients, especially the crust!

Elizabethposted April 6, 2015 at 9:23 am

I made this for Easter since I knew we would have so many heavy desserts and food and my hubby and I both loved it. The crust reminded me of a Lara Bar, which means those must be pretty easy to make at home! It kept well in the fridge and I had some more for breakfast today! I did not use kiwi though. Thanks for a great recipe!

Sarah Nevilleposted April 7, 2015 at 9:55 pm

can i use regular yogurt for this? do i have to add anything to thicken it or just put it on? I can’t eat greek yogurt because its too rich for my stomach

Phoebeposted April 11, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Hi Sally!
    I love your blog! I’m a teen who loves to bake, and am always excited for your recipes! I made this for my family using mango greek yogurt, and they loved it! I’m going to try making a more deserty (not really a word, but it’s fun to say!) version by mixing some whipped topping in with the yogurt. I’m thinking of maybe using salted caramel or chocolate yogurt. Are there any other desert greek yogurts out there?

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2015 at 4:22 pm

I personally love using sweeter vanilla greek yogurt (I like Chobani vanilla) and I’m sure there are other sweet, dessert flavors you can find.

• Phoebereplied on April 12th, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Thanks! 🙂

Shannonposted April 12, 2015 at 9:06 am

Eating this right now! I put pineapple also. The crust is very oily from the cashews and figs. It tastes wonderful though. I used plain Chobani greek yogurt and added vanilla paste to it. Yummy!

Uneku @ KAUNAKITCHENposted April 14, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I just came across your blog, beautiful creations.

Ainsleeposted May 9, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Wow! This dish is so beautiful! I just made the crust for Mother’s Day (tomorrow), and I don’t own a food processor or a blender. All I did was cut up both the cashews and the dates the best that I could. I also added some water to the mixture to help it mix easier. Though, my dough wasn’t as mixed, I love seeing the dates and cashews in there!

Franposted May 10, 2015 at 10:48 pm

i made this for Mothers Day brunch……it is very tasty, but I knew as soon as I spread the date mixture onto the parchment paper that it was not going to come off without a messy fight. Fortunately I made the base the night before and put it in the fridge. It was still impossible to lift off the parchment paper so Before loading it with the topping I flipped it over onto the oil spray in the pan and scraped the paper off the date mixture, continued with the topping and hoped I could serve it without a total mess…..it wasn’t easy to serve, but we managed. Probably won’t be making it again.

Làm Đẹpposted May 18, 2015 at 5:44 am

It is amazing
    After I posted this recipe on my facebook, there are 10K likes and 1000 shares
    I have a cafe shop and I think I will use this recipe for my customer
    Thanks

Laura Kholposted May 24, 2015 at 12:10 am

Tasty, but not as good as I expected. Maybe I have rich taste buds but I would serve this as a side, not dessert. Vanilla geek yogurt was a little thin for this purpose…might try adding  4oz reduced fat cream cheese next time?  I appreciate the strive for healthier living though! Thanks for sharing.

Chris Kirbyposted May 24, 2015 at 7:35 pm

What is the nutritional break down if there are eight servings?  Thanks,  it’s scrumptious, by the way!

Biancaposted September 12, 2015 at 2:33 am

Thank you Sally. This was a delicious Saturday afternoon treat. Amazing and healthy. Bonus points for being gluten free. Love! Thanks again

Kelly Morehouseposted September 17, 2015 at 11:36 am

I found this recipe on Pinterest as a healthy alternative for a birthday cake. I made it last night with a half date half raisen mixture in the crust. Wow this was delicious! My husband ate it right up and we are currently eating leftovers for breakfast. This was amazing thank you so much for sharing!

Samposted October 8, 2015 at 2:37 am

Hey, this recipe looks like the perfect recipe I need to make for my home economics assignment, but I’m not allowed to use nuts, is there any substitute such as beans or chickpeas that I could use? Also, do you think prunes would work well instead of dates? Thanks

Dawnposted January 15, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I found your website from a tweet I got from Udi’s. I am making the Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart for my daughter in law’s birthday today. As I was making the crust I kept tasting it and truly wanted to eat just that! I used cashews and raisins because that’s what I happen to have on hand. I can’t wait for her to taste the whole thing tonight. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

Lisaposted February 4, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Hi Sally, I’ve finally reconciled myself to shopping, cooking and eating healthy, whole foods. Thank you for this beautiful, healthful tart. I will make it first chance I get! Gratefully yours, Lisa H.

Stephanieposted February 7, 2016 at 10:52 am

Do you happen to know the calorie count in one serving?

Jillposted April 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I made this the other day but in a mini tart/pie pan to bring to my friends house as a little snack. The one thing I did differently was baked it in the oven @350 for 10 minutes because I was worried bases on some reviews that they would stick to the pan otherwise. It worked like a dream and this is one of the quickest healthy and yummy desserts I’ve ever had! Will definitely be making this a lot this spring and summer. Thanks Sally for such a wonderful healthy option!

Chinkyposted April 27, 2016 at 3:50 am

Hi Sally! This tart looks amazing! Just a question, how long can I keep this in the fridge? Say I want to give it to somebody as a gift but that certain somebody does not consume it immediately, how long can they store it in the refrigerator? Thanks so much and SUPER LOVE your site and your creations!  : D

• Sallyreplied on April 28th, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I’d say 2 days, max.

Breposted May 26, 2016 at 12:27 pm

I cannot wait to try this recipe! One question though I was wondering if ground flax would work? Or two ground seeds together or would it be too thin???

Faye Nortonposted June 9, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Do you need to soak the dried cranberries or raisins like you do the dates?

• Sallyreplied on June 11th, 2016 at 9:19 am

Nope! Not necessary for either.