What It’s Like to Write a Cookbook.

In pictures.

Sally's Candy Addiction-2

Sally's Candy Addiction Fudge Making-3

Sally's Candy Addiction Caramel Making-2

Sally's Candy Addiction Cookbook-2

Sally's Candy Addiction Fudge Making

Sally's Candy Addiction Book

I forget what a tidy kitchen looks like. I keep Nestle Toll House in business. I’ve accidentally gone out in public with chocolate smears on my face, twice. My dishwasher is on constant. I made 19 batches of caramel until I landed on the perfect combination of ingredients. I have 4 back up batteries for my camera and approximately 36 lbs of sugar in my pantry.

Because of your support, friendship, and encouragement I decided to write and photograph another cookbook for you. Sally’s Candy Addiction. 75+ recipes for fudge, truffles, toffee, caramel, chocolate covered everything, brittle, bark, plus two chapters of recipes baked WITH your favorite candy (that’s why I asked you!).

Coming Fall 2015. Yes, this year!

Sally's Candy Addiction Caramel Making-3

Comments

1. Julie @ Tastes of Lizzy T on January 23, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I like making candy more than I like baking (I think…that’s a really hard choice!), so I’m super excited about your next cookbook. All of those pictures are gorgeous and look like a wonderful dream…mess and all! Congratulations!

• Sally on January 23, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Thank you Julie!

2. Lisa | Sweet 2 Eat Baking on January 24, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Oh girl, I had no idea you were doing another cookbook and I’m super happy for you. Not to mention how excited you’re writing a cookbook based on candies alone.

I’m sure you know me and my massive candy addition. Candy makes the world go around for me. I can’t wait until this one is released. If I were in ths US, I’d probably be waiting first in line at the bookshop for it too.

Yay! Super proud of you and all you’ve accomplished. 🙂

• Sally on January 25, 2015 at 8:07 am

Thank you Lisa!! xoxo

3. Aria @ agirlandacat on February 15, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Cookbooks must be so fun to write – especially candy ones! I hope all goes well! Your photography is amazing and your posts seriously make me hungry! Good luck and I can’t wait to see your future posts!

4. Madeline | My Fitter Life on February 21, 2015 at 6:33 am

I’m so excited for you!

5. Juliette on February 21, 2015 at 9:39 am

Yay! You GOT this 🙂 Im so happy for you! I’m probably one of the few teenagers who have read every single one for your blog posts <3

6. Amy on March 2, 2015 at 7:04 am

I’d love to know how you cut your fudge SO perfectly.

I can’t make such beautiful neat squares, even when I cool it.

Help?

• Sally on March 2, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Very sharp knife, very quick cuts, and rinse/wipe your knife clean between each cut.

• Amy on March 2, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Thanks!! I’ll be sure to practice this 🙂

7. Linda KENNEDY on March 2, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Where can I purchase your first cookbook? I just found your blog. The recipes look wonderful and I can’t wait to try them. Thanks for sharing.

8. Lea Cesar on March 5, 2015 at 10:58 am

wow, you even know how to make messy kitchen or sink look gorgeous and nice! I love your work, you are truly an artist 😉

9. Karen on March 8, 2015 at 10:05 am

I love to make candy, but I can never get the chocolate on the truffles to look nice. You make it look easy! Is it? I am looking forward to your new book.

• Sally on March 8, 2015 at 12:27 pm

It IS easy, once you get the hang of it. The right ratio of cream to chocolate makes all the difference. It helps make rolling easier.

10. Denise on March 9, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Hi
    Where is the recipe for Nutella Truffles?

• Sally on March 9, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Hi Denise! These candy recipes, including the truffles, are in the new cookbook I discuss here. It will be out in the fall. Thank you!

Reviews