Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart.

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart-- gluten free and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Greetings from St. Louis! Yesterday was my sister’s bridal shower. Great food, friends, family, greeeeeat mimosas! Sarah lives here with her fiancé, Charlie, and two pups. They’re getting married in Baltimore, (where they met) in June. No, the dogs aren’t coming. Trust me I begged.

Before I hopped on the plane Friday morning, I whipped up this healthy breakfast tart. It’s not a typical tart– there’s no added refined sugar, flour, or butter. And YES! It’s seriously tasty. Especially if you love fresh fruit.

This healthy tart is so simple. One of the easiest dishes you’ll throw together considering how pretty (!!) it is. There’s no baking involved and the whole thing comes together in a snap. Slicing the fruit will take you the longest but hey! If you slice the fruit the night before, you’ll have this ready in about 15 minutes.

The tart’s crust is made from two healthy ingredients– nuts and dates. The same main two ingredients used to make these two healthy energy bites recipes. If you don’t have dates, raisins or even dried cranberries make a great replacement. Cashews are preferred for their smooth texture and buttery taste. They combine with the dates much easier to make a smooth, moist crust as opposed to harder nuts like almonds. Walnuts work too! If you have a strong food processor or blender, the crust is easy. Pulse the two ingredients together to make a moist “dough” and press it into a tart pan. Instead of a tart pan, you can use a regular cake pan or pie dish.

Spread Greek yogurt overtop. I use vanilla flavor, but any flavor you like will work. You could use strawberry flavor yogurt and top the tart with mostly fresh strawberries. I’m going to use lemon flavor next. Plain works too! Really, whatever you have or like best.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Now, let your creative juices flow. Top the tart with all the fresh fruit you love. Nothing is off limits here. Make a design or throw it all on top. Or slice it up and let your family/friends/guests/fruit lovers decorate their own.

I had a little too much fun decorating this. Tart nerd.

Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

So how’s this for a protein-packed breakfast? Or a healthy dessert. It’s my healthier version of traditional fruit pizza or fruit tart and it’s absolutely perfect for Easter morning. Or anytime the sun is shining! Oh, and pair it with sparkling sangria for a truly fruity celebration.

Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart

Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Ingredients:

• 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes1
  • 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews2
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but any flavor works)
  • assorted sliced fresh fruit

Directions:

1. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don't mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don't have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)
  2. Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
  3. Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides.
  4. Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.
  5. Make ahead tip: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Recipe Notes:

1. Instead of dates, try 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
  2. Instead of cashews, try walnuts. A smooth, softer nut is best. I don't recommend almonds. Use salted nuts for a salty/sweet crust.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

See more gluten free recipes.

Comments

1. Amy @ Accidental Happy Baker on March 30, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Don’t hate me! But what about those of us who are Greek yogurt holdouts and still like the old regular stuff better? Can regular yogurt be substituted in place or would it be too runny? I can’t even imagine how yummy that date crust will be! I love dates.

• Sally on March 30, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Amyyyyy. I don’t hate ya. Regular yogurt is just fine!

2. Valerie on March 30, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Hi Sally, can you tell me what brand of greek yogurt you used? I always eat Fage, and generally cook with it but it’s just doesn’t have a creamy enough consistency for something like this, I think. I’m going to have make this for Easter morning, it’s beautiful (and to help offset all of the Cadbury eggs!).

• Sally on March 30, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I used Chobani here. Fage would be great here though Valerie!

3. Arrielle on March 30, 2015 at 2:21 pm

I almost hit the floor when I saw this. After I picked myself back up I almost hit the floor again when I saw it was a no-bake healthy dish. I’ve been looking for healthy breakfast recipes and this one takes the cake. So pretty, Can’t wait to try it for myself.

• Sally on March 30, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Sounds like you’re going to love it Arrielle!

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks on March 30, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Last summer I wanted to make a fruit tart, never did. Now seeing this, I HAVE to make one. Sooooo beautiful! Can’t even decide which image to pin first 🙂

5. Anna on March 30, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Your fruit tart looks so pretty!
    Funny thing is that I ordered a tart pan yesterday so I’ll be able to try this recipe very soon 😀 I’m going to make it with cranberries though since dates gross me out (no idea why).
    I just have one question.You topped your tart with kiwi – won’t it start tasting bitter after an hour or so because of the yogurt. When i put kiwi or pineapple in my overnight oats the whole mixture tastes bitter the next day O_o

• Sally on March 30, 2015 at 7:26 pm

If using kiwi— that is why it’s best to spread the yogurt and decorate right before eating.

6. Elle @ Only Taste Matters on March 30, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Wow I can’t believe something this simple is so easy! It’s absolutely beautiful and I bet tastes just as good.

7. Denisse | Le Petit Eats on March 30, 2015 at 3:59 pm

I will often make a brown butter tart with fresh fruit for clients, and I absolutely love that this is basically the healthy makeover version of that. So few ingredients too, I love the simplicity! Definitely will be making SOON!

• Sally on March 30, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Let me know how you like it!

8. Alexis @ Upside Down Pear on March 30, 2015 at 5:22 pm

This looks so good and I love date crusts!! The colors of all the fruit really come together to make such a gorgeous looking tart. Congratulations to your sister! What an exciting time in her life. I bet your giving her all sorts of advice from your own experience 😉

9. Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor on March 30, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Fruit tarts are one of my favorite desserts! I love that this recipe is only a few ingredients too!

10. Mandie | Mandie's Kitchen on March 30, 2015 at 6:43 pm

This look SO good! And it’s SO healthy! Greek yogurt is so good!

11. Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Life on March 30, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Sally! I can’t wait to try this delicious breakfast tart. I mean, if you can eat tart for breakfast, you should 🙂
    We are having a family morning tea/brunch for Easter and I think I’ll have to bring this along as a healthier contribution (along with my sprinkle coconut ice of course 😉 ) for us all to enjoy!
    We are having great end of summer berries over here and I just know they will be divine with some thick vanilla Greek yoghurt. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe and I hope you have a great time with your sister!

• Sally on March 30, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Thanks Amy! You’re going to love this!

12. Christina on March 30, 2015 at 9:36 pm

This recipe looks super delicious and fresh- perfect for spring! I would love to make it but I have a nut allergy. Do you have any substitute suggestions for the cashews in the crust? 🙂

13. Stacey @ Bake.Eat.Repeat. on March 30, 2015 at 10:22 pm

What a great idea for a healthy dessert! You could totally have this for breakfast too. I love dessert like things that are healthy enough for breakfast!

14. Martha on March 31, 2015 at 7:06 am

Co za smaczne jedzonko, zjeść takie pachnące świetnie wykonane dania i przede wszystkim profesjonalnie wykonane żarcie, bardzo świetnie połączone kompozycje dań, sally ja też jestem fanką własnoręcznie wykonanych dań a te twoje a przepis na tą tarta chyba każdy by polecił swoim bliskim.

15. CakeSpy on March 31, 2015 at 10:53 am

it’s so preeeeeetttttttty. Rainbow food ftw!

16. Julie - Lovely Little Kitchen on March 31, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Seriously gorgeous!!! Happy Easter Sally!

17. Shinee on April 1, 2015 at 1:43 am

Simply gorgeous! And healthy! That crust is so creative, Sally. I dying to this!

18. Autumn on April 1, 2015 at 12:19 pm

This cake looks so delicious and I can’t wait to try it.

19. Alex on April 1, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Have a nut allergy in the family, and suggestions for the crust?

20. Annie @ Annie's Noms on April 2, 2015 at 10:18 am

Oh my word Sally, this really is stunning!!! Not sure I’d be able to eat it as it’s so pretty!

21. Connie on April 2, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Hi Sally, I made this for breakfast today and it was soooo good! I used the Chobani pineapple yogurt. Both of my kids really loved it! My daughter said it’s the best tart ever and my son said I no longer need to go to a grocery store to buy fruit tart for his birthday because I can make one at home now:) He always wants me to get him a fruit tart for his birthday. Thank you so much for this recipe. Next time, I will try to combine granola and dates for the crust, do you think that will taste good ?

• Sally on April 3, 2015 at 8:31 am

A granola and date crust should work, though I’ve never tried it before Connie! So glad it was such a big hit.

22. Mariah @ Mariah's Pleasing Plates on April 2, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Such a beautiful breakfast tart! Love that its healthy! And so beautiful!

23. Nicola on April 4, 2015 at 3:17 am

Hi Sally. I made this pie the other day and it turned out great. I’m always on your blog but this is the first thing I have ever made. It was the fact that it is healthy, only a few ingredients and very pretty that had me making it. xx

24. Deb on April 5, 2015 at 8:31 am

This looks absolutely amazing (and easy!). Can’t wait to try it — especially the crust! You’re pics are beautiful!

25. Allyson on April 5, 2015 at 10:55 am

This is perfection. The photos make me want warm weather here now! and I love your use of ingredients, especially the crust!

26. Elizabeth on April 6, 2015 at 9:23 am

I made this for Easter since I knew we would have so many heavy desserts and food and my hubby and I both loved it. The crust reminded me of a Lara Bar, which means those must be pretty easy to make at home! It kept well in the fridge and I had some more for breakfast today! I did not use kiwi though. Thanks for a great recipe!

27. Sarah Neville on April 7, 2015 at 9:55 pm

can i use regular yogurt for this? do i have to add anything to thicken it or just put it on? I can’t eat greek yogurt because its too rich for my stomach

28. Phoebe on April 11, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Hi Sally!
    I love your blog! I’m a teen who loves to bake, and am always excited for your recipes! I made this for my family using mango greek yogurt, and they loved it! I’m going to try making a more deserty (not really a word, but it’s fun to say!) version by mixing some whipped topping in with the yogurt. I’m thinking of maybe using salted caramel or chocolate yogurt. Are there any other desert greek yogurts out there?

• Sally on April 12, 2015 at 4:22 pm

I personally love using sweeter vanilla greek yogurt (I like Chobani vanilla) and I’m sure there are other sweet, dessert flavors you can find.

• Phoebe on April 12, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Thanks! 🙂

29. Shannon on April 12, 2015 at 9:06 am

Eating this right now! I put pineapple also. The crust is very oily from the cashews and figs. It tastes wonderful though. I used plain Chobani greek yogurt and added vanilla paste to it. Yummy!

30. Uneku @ KAUNAKITCHEN on April 14, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I just came across your blog, beautiful creations.

Reviews