It’s been a couple weeks since I checked in on a Saturday and I’ve got some fun stuff to share!
1) I’m in NYC today with my assistants, Steph and Hilari. We are sort of turning this into a bakery tour of NYC, hitting as many delicious bakeries as we can. Thank you for all your suggestions on social media this week. We arrived hungry in our stretch pants. Kidding. Sort of. I’ll have to write a post about our adventure when I get back!
2) I reshot my favorite Thanksgiving stuffing this past week. Why? I made it to cheer us both up. We’ve felt run down all week, but luckily each feel better now. This soothed our souls! Plus I like these pictures much more than the old ones. It’s crazy when I look back at photos taken only 1 year ago and have the itch to re-do it all. Psycho perfectionist right here.
3) Website design updates are coming *very soon.* I’m excited to unveil an upgraded look to my blog as we head into the holiday season, with a lot of focus on easy navigation and sleeker looking print-out recipes. Things are about to look a tad different around here, especially the desktop site!
4) Fun new videos for you! Click each to view the new recipe videos:
- Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes
- White chocolate pumpkin snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin spice coffee creamer!
You asked for lots of pumpkin recipe videos. 🙂 I shot even more recipe videos with my new video team when I was in Phoenix last week; lots coming for the holidays!
5) Here’s what I’m craving: Maria’s pear almond streusel bread, brown butter pumpkin cinnamon rolls are a MUST, these easy teriyaki chicken noodles, pumpkin chai crumble muffins sound so good, and black-bottom cupcakes. I’ve always wanted to make cupcakes like that!
6) Sally’s Cookie Addiction is underway! I haven’t had a chance to work on the book much the past 2 weeks, but have days scheduled out for the remaining month so I stay on track. Writing cookbooks is the most challenging thing I’ve ever done, so having written out schedules helps me focus. My 3rd cookbook will have 75 photographed cookie recipes, with about 70 of them completely new.
7) And here’s what’s coming soon: a new cookie recipe next week, a new baking basics post I’m working on, bundt cake, cupcakes, and carrot cake things.
Non-blog things: enjoying our fireplace for the 1st time (I’m ridiculously excited about this!), carving pumpkins, my dear friend’s wedding in the poconos, Halloween… my faaaaavorite holiday!
Q: What are you baking this weekend?
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.