Saturday Seven + Upcoming LIVE Baking Videos

Hi hi hi!!! Happy Memorial Day weekend. What are you doing? More importantly, what are you baking?! Today I turn the big 3-2 and am enjoying what any other pregnant 32 year old woman enjoys on her birthday: sleep. Sleeping in, walking the dogs, eating cupcakes, and then taking at least 3 naps.

But in actual more exciting and lively news! I have a few upcoming Facebook LIVE baking demos. Next week’s will be super fun because we’ll make a baking challenge recipe:

• Thursday, June 1st 2pm ET (not 1pm like usual– 2pm!) – we will be making June’s Baking Challenge recipe together! The new recipe will also be posted on my blog that day.
  • Wednesday, June 7th 1pm ET – this will be behind the scenes on a recipe video shoot day! We *might* make a recipe or we’ll do a live Q&A session!
  • Monday, June 12th 1pm ET – I’m thinking a pie of some sorts. Maybe key lime? Or do you want another?

From then on, I think we will stick with Wednesdays at 1pm ET!

In Case You Missed It!

In case you’ve missed the LIVE baking tutorials (or don’t have Facebook), you can use these links to watch:

1. May 12th LIVE video (1st one! blackberry cream cheese frosting)
  2. May 17th LIVE video (COOKIES!)
  3. May 19th LIVE video (the one where we made the pictured cupcakes above and where the dogs went nuts HAHA)
  4. May 24th LIVE video (strawberry shortcake)

Other than that, it’s business as usual around here! Some things to show you:

1) Those cupcakes above! They’re a mix ‘n’ match of 3 recipes: these chocolate cupcakes, this chocolate frosting, and are filled with salted caramel. (Just like how we filled these cupcakes with salted caramel.)

2) Finally have a video up for the May Baking Challenge. Have you made this month’s challenge recipe yet?

3) Seriously, tell me what you’re baking this weekend! My dad’s birthday is tomorrow and we always have a joint birthday BBQ on memorial day weekend. I was going to make cupcakes– maybe carrot cake– but am seriously craving key lime pie. Sooooo key lime pie bars will likely be the winner!

4) Summer bucket list: what’s on yours? For me: Anything as long as it involves air conditioning.

5) Summer BAKING bucket list: what’s on yours? I’m itching to make about 100 pies this summer. And eat them all. All I crave right now is fruit!

6) More recipes I’m eager to try: hydrangea cakes (gorgeous!), garlic lovers salmon, and fruity pebble ice cream sandwiches (yay!).

7) This picture was taken one year ago. Look at little Franklin!! Such a little baby.

Have a relaxing and wonderful weekend!

Comments

1. Blogtastic Food on May 27, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Great work sally. Will definitely watch those vids on Facebook (:

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Enjoy!

2. Jessie on May 27, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Happy berfday!  🙂 Mmm hydrangea cakes so pretty!  I need to bake blueberry desserts, to use up all last years blueberries in the freezer before we hit…blueberry season again! Lol…

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Thanks Jessie!

3. Melissa on May 27, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Happy Birthday to you and your Daddy! I’m in Australia and we are heading into Winter…my favourite season to bake! Keeps the house all warm and comforting with all those yummy smells. Went to a friends bbq yesterday and made your strawberries n cream cake roll; my first roll cake ever, was super fun and easy! And delicious! Thank you! And today, I’m baking macadamia white choc cookies with freeze dried raspberries…you got me onto the freeze dried berry madness, thank you! Have a great weekend!

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:07 pm

I am swearing by freeze-dried berries in baking/desserts lately! Happy you’re on the trend too. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes 🙂

4. Iram Butt on May 27, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Happy birthday to internets sweetheart!

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Thanks so much, Iram!

5. Shannon on May 27, 2017 at 9:03 pm

I’m in Little Rock visiting my in-laws and got a request to make the Southern Living Strawberries and Cream sheet cake with the accompanying cream cheese whipped cream icing. It is INCREDIBLE, Sally. Real chopped strawberries in the cake and icing, with lemon juice to brighten too. It is a hit every time I make it 🙂

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Oh my gosh that sounds incredible– i need to try it! I just looked up the recipe.

6. Jamie on May 27, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Key lime pie, please!! It’s my absolute favorite. Happy Birthday…I’m glad you’re feeling well.

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Thanks Jamie! And I’m posting a NEW recipe for key lime pie on my blog tomorrow 🙂

7. Becca on May 27, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Happy birthday Sally

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Thanks Becca!

8. june on May 27, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Happy Birthday!  I’m a little behind on watching your videos.  Those cupcakes with the salted caramel filling look amazing.  I cannot wait to try them.

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Thanks June!

9. Rica on May 27, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Please please please make a banoffee pie! I am dying to see what you have in store!

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:04 pm

YUM! I’ve been meaning to make banoffee pie 🙂

10. stefanie on May 28, 2017 at 7:31 am

Happy Birthday! I borrowed the Baking Addiction book from the library and have been trying recipes from it. I made the salted krispy treats, the powdered sugar donuts and the cover birthday cc cookies. My husband says you are his hero. He is all for me buying your book. Your recipes are always winners – I’ve tried them from the site too. Thanks so much!

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Thanks Stefanie! And you chose some wonderful recipes to try first– I LOVE those salted caramel crispy treats

11. Laura on May 28, 2017 at 11:50 am

Happy birthday Sally! I made your lemon blueberry cake yesterday for a get together with friends, and they all went nuts for it!

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I’m so happy the cake was a hit! And thank you for the birthday wishes 🙂

12. Tameka on May 28, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Happy birthday, Sally! My husband loved the homemade strawberry shortcake I made. Your recipe was truly so easy 🙂

• Sally on May 28, 2017 at 6:28 pm

I’m making the strawberry shortcake again tomorrow! 🙂 And thanks Tameka 🙂

13. Karie on May 28, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Happy Birthday! I made your red velvet cheesecake cups for work yesterday and everyone loved them! I hope you got some much needed birthday rest.

14. Traci on May 29, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Happy Birthday Sally! Here’s to 32 and having it be an awesome year! I too turned 32 this year and still get surprised to think I’m 32, because it seems like each year flashes by.  I made your biscuits for strawberry shortcake, but need to get the whipped cream! I’m lactose intolerant so I normally get a coconut whipped cream but my grocery store was out so tomorrow I’ll each the strawberry shortcake for dessert. I did eat a biscuit and it was amazing the recipe was super easy to follow! Can’t wait for your next Facebook live! I love watching them!

• Sally on May 30, 2017 at 9:21 am

Thanks so much Traci! I’m glad you enjoyed the biscuit and hope you love the coconut whipped cream with it all! Here’s to 32, hopefully life slows down a bit for us both.

15. Peggy Williams on May 30, 2017 at 10:29 am

Hi, we recently took a wonderful cruise.    For breakfast they served a pommendine.   It was muffin shaped, filled with sliced apples, and almonds.  It was devine!   I took photos of it.   I can’t find any reference to it on line.  Can you give me a recipe or information?   I would love to make these at home!  Peggy

16. Kristine Iocco on June 1, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Happy belated birthday Sally!! I hope you got some much needed sleep and enjoyed some family time too! I have baked so many of your treats and can’t wait for Sally’s Cookie book. I would love to make or see butter tarts -plain, pecan or raisin, nainamo bars or pie and good ol’fashion date squares- loaded with crumbs! Those are some of my summer baking goals. Happy baking!

• Sally on June 2, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Thank you!
      I just had to look up Nainamo Bars….ummm…they sound amazing!

Reviews