Happy weekending to all of you. What’s new with you? What are you baking this weekend? We’re settling into new life as parents and I’ve been enjoying all the time off from the kitchen/baking/recipe testing/camera to spend with my baby girl Noelle. She’s a dream come true. I can’t get enough snuggles!!
Let’s chat about some stuff!
1) Newsflash! Soft and fluffy funfetti cupcakes taste approximately 98% better when topped with pink tinted frosting. And filled with pink sprinkles.
2) How are your pumpkin rolls for October’s Baking Challenge coming along? The general feedback so far has been “so much easier than I thought” and that’s what my goal is with these monthly baking challenges. To give you something NEW but also teach you that these new “scary” baking techniques/recipes aren’t complicated at all. You just have to muster up the courage to try. Anyway, thank you for uploading and sharing all of your recipe pictures with me. I love all of your pumpkin roll creations!!
3) Did you catch my new video for black and white cookies? These classic NYC cookies are surprisingly simple. PS: this recipe comes straight from America’s Test Kitchen new cookbook The Perfect Cookie. A few of you have reported back with over-spreading issues and I added a note to the black and white cookies recipe to add a little more flour to help combat the issue.
6) Which recipes from Sally’s Cookie Addiction have you tried so far?
7) Get ready for pie week #2 this year. Remember pie week from last year? If not, I dubbed the first week of November 2016 “pie week”– I shared new pie recipes the entire week. I already tested, photographed, and wrote the recipes for this year. It begins Monday, October 30th. Get your pie dishes ready!
Last year’s pie week included:
- Quick & easy honey pear tart
- Apple cranberry pie
- Brown butter pecan pie bars
- Brown sugar sweet potato pie
- Nutella tart with toasted hazelnut crust
Have a delicious weekend!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.