I might be the only one declaring this, but I prefer vanilla over chocolate. I’m a sucker for vanilla frosting and sprinkles over devil’s food any day.
But today I bring you a dark chocolate bar that I would happily eat everyday for the rest of my life. They take about 5 minutes to mix together before placing in the refrigerator to set.
Adjust the sweetness to your taste. Using honey or agave will produce a smoother chocolate bar (though with honey they’d no longer be vegan).
This recipe is easy & quick. The dark chocolate bars are perfect for when you want something sweet!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Mix the melted coconut oil and maple syrup together. Add cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined flat container (I used a 5 inch square ramekin).
- Place in the freezer until solid (about 30 minutes), then cut into bars.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Added Sugar: Instead of pure maple syrup or agave, you can use honey. (Though the bars will no longer be vegan.) You can also use coconut sugar. If using coconut sugar, increase to 1/4 cup. Liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, agave, or honey produces a smooth chocolate bar. I prefer maple syrup here.
- Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.
Keywords: vegan chocolate bars