Need a high energy snack that won’t weigh you down? AND is full of all natural, wholesome ingredients? These granola bars are darn near perfect. They contain absolutely no eggs, milk, or any dairy products so they are completely vegan. You won’t miss the added sugars and butter/oil in these either. 🙂
They are highly adaptable using whatever mix-ins you have on hand. They aren’t as chewy and soft as my peanut butter banana oatmeal bars, so they are much closer to a real granola bar rather than an oatmeal bar.
Hope you enjoy them, they are delicious!Print
- 2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped apricots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat over to 325°F (163°C) and toast the pecans for 10-11 minutes on a small baking sheet. Meanwhile, prepare the granola batter. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana and peanut butter. Add maple syrup and cinnamon and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the oats, making sure that all of the oats are moistened. Add more maple syrup or peanut butter if needed. (note: the less “wet” ingredients you add, the crunchier your bars will be)
- Remove toasted pecans from oven and stir into the oat mixture. Add raisins and chopped apricots. Press mixture into 8×8 baking pan, making sure it is evenly distributed and tightly packed.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Keywords: apricot granola bars