Try this chunky mango guacamole the next time you’re craving a creamy dip with your chips. It’s spicy, tangy, salty, and sweet and tastes unbelievable with crunchy chips or even on top of grilled chicken, salmon, or black bean burgers.
Tell Me About This Mango Guacamole
- Texture: Each bite of this homemade guacamole is super chunky AND creamy. It’s completely loaded with refreshing and juicy bites of diced mango and ripe avocado.
- Flavor: You get a little bit of everything in this guacamole recipe– a little spicy from the jalapeño, sweet from the mango, tangy from the lime juice, and salty too. Basically, it’s all the flavors you could ever want alongside creamy avocado.
- Ease: This is a very easy recipe. Like corn black bean & avocado salsa, the hardest part is not eating the whole bowl before you serve it.
- Time: It’ll take you a whopping 10 minutes to make and another 2 minutes to devour.
You Only Need 6 Ingredients in this Mango Guacamole
The full recipe is written below.
- Ripe Avocados
- Jalapeño Pepper
Can I customize it? Yes! This homemade mango guacamole recipe is completely customizable. For example, you can control the spice. Leave out the jalapeño altogether or toss in the whole thing. I like a ton of mango chunks in our guacamole, so I always look for the largest mango I can find. Any size will be fine. Add more mango chunks or add fewer. Sometimes we even add cilantro and/or 1/4 cup chopped onion.
This is your guacamole, so don’t be afraid to play around with the fixings.
How to Tell When an Avocado is Ripe
Some readers have asked how to tell if an avocado is ripe. I usually buy firm avocados at the beginning of the week, set them out on the counter, and by Friday they are ripe enough for guacamole night. But what if you’re still unsure or want to buy ripe ready-for-guacamole avocados right now?
- Give the flesh a light squeeze. A ripe avocado will yield to moderate pressure, but still be slightly soft.
- Or you can test it this way: (Best to do this after you purchase the avocado.) Remove the small brown stem off the top of the avocado. If it comes off easily and you can see green underneath, the avocado is ripe. If you see brown, the avocado is not ready.
More Chip Dip Recipes
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Roasted Garlic and Bacon Spinach Dip
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Corn Black Bean & Avocado Salsa
Super chunky guacamole gets a refreshing and sweet juicy twist with the addition of mango. We like our mango guacamole on the spicy side, but feel free to add more/less jalapeño as instructed.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- half of a jalapeño pepper, diced*
- juice from 1 lime
- salt, to taste
- optional: 1/4 cup diced onion and chopped cilantro, to taste
- Mash the avocado in a large bowl. I like to leave a few large chunks because I prefer chunky guacamole. Fold in the mango, tomato, and jalapeño until combined. Squeeze the lime juice on top and stir until combined. Salt to taste. We usually add 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Make Ahead Instructions: All of the guacamole fixings can be prepared in advance. Combine all of the ingredients (except for the avocado) in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Then, mash up your avocados and fold the fixings in.
- Jalapeño Pepper: Add more/less chopped jalapeño, depending how spicy you like your guacamole.
Keywords: mango guacamole