Hi hi hi!!! Happy Memorial Day weekend. What are you doing? More importantly, what are you baking?! Today I turn the big 3-2 and am enjoying what any other pregnant 32 year old woman enjoys on her birthday: sleep. Sleeping in, walking the dogs, eating cupcakes, and then taking at least 3 naps.
But in actual more exciting and lively news! I have a few upcoming Facebook LIVE baking demos. Next week’s will be super fun because we’ll make a baking challenge recipe:
- Thursday, June 1st 2pm ET (not 1pm like usual– 2pm!) – we will be making June’s Baking Challenge recipe together! The new recipe will also be posted on my blog that day.
- Wednesday, June 7th 1pm ET – this will be behind the scenes on a recipe video shoot day! We *might* make a recipe or we’ll do a live Q&A session!
- Monday, June 12th 1pm ET – I’m thinking a pie of some sorts. Maybe key lime? Or do you want another?
From then on, I think we will stick with Wednesdays at 1pm ET!
In Case You Missed It!
In case you’ve missed the LIVE baking tutorials (or don’t have Facebook), you can use these links to watch:
- May 12th LIVE video (1st one! blackberry cream cheese frosting)
- May 17th LIVE video (COOKIES!)
- May 19th LIVE video (the one where we made the pictured cupcakes above and where the dogs went nuts HAHA)
- May 24th LIVE video (strawberry shortcake)
Other than that, it’s business as usual around here! Some things to show you:
1) Those cupcakes above! They’re a mix ‘n’ match of 3 recipes: these chocolate cupcakes, this chocolate frosting, and are filled with salted caramel. (Just like how we filled these cupcakes with salted caramel.)
2) Finally have a video up for the May Baking Challenge. Have you made this month’s challenge recipe yet?
3) Seriously, tell me what you’re baking this weekend! My dad’s birthday is tomorrow and we always have a joint birthday BBQ on memorial day weekend. I was going to make cupcakes– maybe carrot cake– but am seriously craving key lime pie. Sooooo key lime pie bars will likely be the winner!
4) Summer bucket list: what’s on yours? For me: Anything as long as it involves air conditioning.
5) Summer BAKING bucket list: what’s on yours? I’m itching to make about 100 pies this summer. And eat them all. All I crave right now is fruit!
7) This picture was taken one year ago. Look at little Franklin!! Such a little baby.
Have a relaxing and wonderful weekend!