So many emotions as I share my first ever video mini series!
(The emotions are 5% because of this and 95% because I just spent my first 2 nights away from Noelle and she sort of said “ma ma” before I left and I’m a total basket case and I’m counting down the minutes until I see my baby girl tonight!!)
What began as a casual way to share recipes with my friends has blossomed into a life-changing career where I get to connect with equally passionate bakers around the world. When I first hit publish in 2011, I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I was doing, I just knew that I LOVED doing it. And after 7 years, 3 cookbooks, mistakes, growth, and about 3 billion dishwasher cycles, I’m elated to say that my dedication, work ethic, and love for baking hasn’t faded. At all.
But it’s time for something more. This past April, a video production crew filmed me at work in my kitchen. Most of the time together was spent filming 8 step-by-step recipe tutorials, but they also filmed me working, writing, editing, photographing, and recipe testing. The inspiration behind all of this:
- craving a deeper connection – I want to give you the front row seat so you can see what goes into each recipe and blog post, as well as life as a mother and business owner.
- inspire – seeing my recipes come together in a video may inspire you to try it yourself!
- trying something new – because entertainment is fun!
My video mini series is called Sprinkled. ♥
Episode 1 recipe: Homemade Strawberry Cake
The kick-off episode is Strawberry Cake. I chose this recipe because it’s 100% from-scratch strawberry cake made from real strawberries and has become a reader favorite since I published it in January. The process is a little unique where you begin with reduced strawberry puree and finish with strawberry frosting made from freeze-dried strawberries. It’s a FUN cake and I thought you’d love seeing it come together on camera!
Behind the Scenes Filming
Some behind the scenes!
Jude casually taking a snooze in the middle of everything. Both above and below.
And a sneak peek video at all the episodes!
Watch More Episodes:
- Watch episode 1: Homemade Strawberry Cake
- Watch episode 2: Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies
- Watch episode 3: Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Watch episode 4: Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Watch episode 5: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Watch episode 6: Caramel Dipped Pretzels
- Watch episode 7: Perfecting Pie Crust
- Watch episode 8: Brown Butter Sugar Cookies
Want more baking tips just like this? Sign up for my Baking Made Easy quick start guide!
Sprinkled photos and videos by Grateful & Co