14 Peanut Butter Recipes for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!

It is no secret that I am a peanut butter lover.  PB Crazed + PB Obsessed.

I love it smothered on bananas, paired with Nutella, swirled with chocolate, sandwiched between pretzels or Golden Oreos, and my personal favorite… eaten with a spoon.  You betcha bottom dollar I eat my favorite spread every.single.day.

No matter which way is your favorite way to inhale it, make sure to pay tribute to peanut butter today, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!

Here are 14 recipe ideas to help you celebrate the most wonderful spread of them all!

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Oatmeal Scotchies

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

1 Giant Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie

Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Peanut Butter Cup Granola

Peanut Butter M&M Cookies

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Peanut Butter Sweethearts

Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondie Hearts (vegan)

Soft Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirls

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars

And here is my number #1 go-to peanut butter.  A homemade peanut butter made in less than 4 minutes with ONE ingredient.  You don’t want to miss this recipe because this peanut butter will blow your mind!

Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

All of my peanut butter recipes can be found here.

More peanut butter recipes from some of my favorite bloggers that you won’t want to miss:

So how will you be celebrating National Peanut Butter Cookie Day?  Send me links, recipes, + comments!  It’s the perfect time to share the peanut butter love. :)

26 Responses to “14 Peanut Butter Recipes for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day!”

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted June 11, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for linking me up…and wow, you have an amazing lineup! I want one of each! I wish we could do a taste-test/swap-goodies of each other’s creations. I am dying to try all of this!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Averie, I wish the same! I’ll just have to bake all your recipes and pretend you made them for me – first up, those apricot pb cookies! ;)

Julie @ Table for Twoposted June 11, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Aww you’re so sweet for linking me up!! I did NOT know today was National PB Day and it’s disappointing because I’m a HUGE peanut butter fan! Oh well, at least I have your page to stare at :) you have a GREAT line up of PB desserts…wish I could have one of each! But then I’d be a whale in a wedding dress :)

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 9:33 am

Your PB cookies DESERVED a link up… they look so perfect AND you came up with the recipe all your own. Double awesome, Julie!! :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted June 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Now I’m reeeeeeeeally hungry. :)

Jenna@LittleKitchenBigFlavorsposted June 11, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I’d love one of those giant reese pieces peanut butter cookies right now. I love that this is a single serving, because I hate to share desserts :) Happy national PB cookie day!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 9:34 am

Thanks Jenna! I hate to share desserts too.. I love that giant cookie. Happy PB cookie day to you too! :)

Hayleyposted June 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Ooooooooh. Yummy!! I want that big ol’ cookie in my face!

Cassieposted June 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm

PB love! This is great Sally!

Katieposted June 12, 2012 at 5:45 am

Thanks for this recipe roundup! I love peanut butter, especially together with chocolate. Recently I had a week long all consuming craving for brownies, specifically my old faithful brownie recipe. I inherited an extra jar of peanut butter so instead I decided to try making peanut butter pretzel brownies from Joy the Baker. I think I over-cooked them because they came out more cakey than fudgey, but otherwise were great. I’ll definitely try the recipe again, or may try a peanut butter swirl in my usual brownie recipe since my craving is Still Not Satisfied!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 9:37 am

PB swirl brownies are my favorite! The dry cakey-ness could be from overcooking b/c I am sure that Joy’s recipe wouldn’t produce dry brownies. Give them a try again and undercook them a bit. I’m sure they will turn out fabulous! I love pb/chocolate/pretzels together. :) Thanks Katie!!

• Katiereplied on June 13th, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Oh yeah, I’ll definitely be trying them again and under cooking them, I think it’s my oven that was the problem (and possibly me for not setting the timer right) not the recipe. They’re still totally good (sitting on the counter and taunting me right at this very moment) just not quite the texture I was after.

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted June 12, 2012 at 7:13 am

Lovely little roundup for today! I could sure go for one of those peanut butter cookies with Reeses pieces. That’d be an adequate breakfast, right? ;)

Laura Dembowskiposted June 12, 2012 at 9:57 am

I too love peanut butter. I should really bake with it more; it’s so versatile. You have some yummy looking goodies here and have inspired me to make something with peanut butter :)

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 10:23 am

PB is my #1! I hope you make a delicious pie or cake with it sometime Laura! :)

Garyposted June 12, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I like how you roll Sally. You want to try something different up this glorious alley, maybe play with coming up with a Peanut Butter Cake Ball. I’ve tried them a few ways and there’s just no way you don’t come up with something really decadent and scrumptious. You could put sprinkles on them before the chocolate coating dries!

• Sallyreplied on June 12th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Thanks Gary! PB Cake Balls covered in sprinkles… now you’re talking’! Sounds like heaven!

Peanut Butter Boyposted June 13, 2012 at 8:07 am

Excellent compilation Sally! I’m saving these all for later!

• Sallyreplied on June 13th, 2012 at 8:31 am

Thank you PB Boy! :)

Grannyposted June 18, 2012 at 3:57 am

Gosh darn, you sound just like my baby girl who lol is 33 and totally dedicated to peanut butter. She thinks I make the best “Whole Jar peanut Butter Cookies” in the world.

Thanks for all the links/recipes and bee-ooo-tee-full pictures!! Gonna treat em like pokemon, gotta catch and try em all.

You may already do this but if not then you will enjoy it, I have been doing this for about 50 of my long tooth years…. I love to take a big glob of peanut butter and stir in quite a bit of white Karo syrup, then put it on saltine crackers as a snack, that and ice cream were my go to after school snacks. It is also something I do for breakfast on my biscuits instead of jelly!!!

• Sallyreplied on June 18th, 2012 at 6:31 am

Hi there! No, I haven’t ever mixed peanut butter with Karo syrup! But that sounds like it would be amazing on saltine crackers.. salty and sweet is my favorite. I am definitely dedicated to peanut butter :)

Elizabethposted June 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I am looking for an old receipe that contained peanut butter, white Karo syrup, powdered sugar and you rolled this out and cut into pieces. Can you help?

• Sallyreplied on June 20th, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Hi Elizabeth – I have no idea which recipe you are referring to. I don’t have any like that on my website.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Peanut Butter-Chocolate-Coconut Cookies | A HEALTHY LIFE FOR ME

2. Pingback: Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting « The Cupcake Blog

3. Pingback: Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting | The art of cupcake